[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eyes and Ears thread What do you use/recommend? Hitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 654xfg6j854.jpg (78KB, 1300x870px) Image search: [Google]
654xfg6j854.jpg
78KB, 1300x870px
Eyes and Ears thread
What do you use/recommend? Hitting the range on Monday.
>>
I also needed recs for eyes, since I need to get a prescription pair
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Venture-Gear-Shooting-Eyewear-Interchangeable/dp/B00M51LZMO

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Impact-Electric-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O
>>
I got Impact Pro earmuffs, and just a cheapo pair of 3M glasses.
>>
File: err_protektiton.jpg (85KB, 436x398px) Image search: [Google]
err_protektiton.jpg
85KB, 436x398px
Pic related are great for outdoors. I double up indoors.

Learn how to insert them properly. I see so many mongoloids just mash the thing in their ear hole and then proclaim "These plugs ain't workin!"
>>
>>34417529
Some 3m Peltors. Active ears are best ears. As for eyes, I just have a bag full of whatever looked good at the store, I notice no real difference outside of color.
>>
Howard leighs are fucking trash and you should kill yourself for buying such shit quality hearing protection.

The are on ear not over ear so they don't seal for shit when you wear eye protection, the ear cups harden over time and they slip off if you start to sweat. Ontop of that they slip up when you shoulder a long gun because they are on ear and have no room to move when a stock pushes on them. Dont buy electronic ear pro unless you plan on running comms. its a waste of money
>>
cheap corded earplugs, and Oakleys.
>>
>>34419479
Active ears meaning sound cancellation?
>>
>>34419479
I got a pair when they were on sale on Amazon, and they don't protect my ears worth a damn. I always have to double up when using them. I'll still get ringing if someone in the stall next to me is shooting a rifle.
>>
>>34417529
>>34417573
I wear glasses so eyes aint a problem for me.

>>34417596
I dont recommend using those ears alone. I use them with some 28NRR rated plugs and it makes things almost okay at the indoor ranges. (almost)
>>
>>34417529
A 6 set of wax ear plugs from riteaid. Comes packaged in a blue box an the plugs themselves in a small plastic box. I use two for each year. Way better than faggy ear pro and costs a lot less. Literally better than anything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 410x410px
>>34419807
This
>>
>>34419772
yup. i double up with foamies and peltors
>>
File: 1373104330633.jpg (26KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1373104330633.jpg
26KB, 251x201px
I've got a question: I have been doubling up with plugs and muffs but I have noticed that sometimes the pugs rub the inside foam of my muffs due to their tight fit. Now when this happens and someone is firing it seems like the sound is transmitted straight into my ear and it hurts like hell. I am worried I am doing more harm than good. Does anyone else get this?

Disclaimer: yes, I am inserting the plugs correctly by rolling them up tight and pulling on my ear lobe so they can be inserted fully.
>>
Howard Leight Electronic Earpro
Revision Sawfly Eyepro
>>
>>34419855
What kind of plugs? Perhaps the plugs themselves are a bad fit for your ear, maybe too large if they stick out enough to rub against the muffs.
>>
>>34419762

Listen to this man, he speaks the truth. I got some Peltor Tac 100s and between the clamping force and the shallow cups they were a pain in the ass.

Electronnic ear pro is good though imo but you MUST get the kind that has excellent compression vs those that just cut off.

Here is what I use now but with upgraded gel cups:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-TacticalPro-Communications-MT15H7F-SV/dp/B0006968YM/ref=pd_sbs_200_20?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0006968YM&pd_rd_r=SE0RCH4AYVF89225SKRS&pd_rd_w=LOr0J&pd_rd_wg=9SrzN&psc=1&refRID=SE0RCH4AYVF89225SKRS
>>
>>34419895

They are some pink Macks plugs I got off Amazon. They dont stick out past the nub on my ear (idk what its called, not the lobe) I have thought of getting some customs made but foamies are just so cheap and have an excellent db rating.
>>
>>34419772
It isn't really sound cancellation like you get in those expensive headphones. It is just microphones on the ears with compressor limiter hardwired between them and the speakers.
>>
>>34419934

Does anything low-profile even come close to full over-ear sets?

I shoot 308 in an enclosed space and with plugs alone I might as well be wearing nothing.
>>
>>34419970

No. For that you want maximum db rating for the muffs and plugs. Gel cups also seal better around eye pro and mold to your head so its more difficult to break the seal.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Peltor-Over-Earmuffs-X5A/dp/B00CPCHBCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498961787&sr=8-1&keywords=ear%2Bmuffs%2Bhigh%2Bdb&th=1
>>
>>34419772
It's not noise cancelling, it's compressed audio played through ear muffs. Really cool stuff.
>>
>>34419970

Also shoot outdoors ya dingus unless you absolutely have to. A little extra drive to an outdoor range saves you from EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: s-l1shtg600.jpg (288KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1shtg600.jpg
288KB, 1600x1584px
Do tinted glasses actually make a difference?
>>
>>34417529
Foamies and a $10 pair of over-ears, I intend to be able to hear when I'm an old man. If I'm not doing any big stuff I'll just wear foamies, I know some people hate them but I wear them for hours a day at work so I've grown accustomed to them (and I have an infinite supply - don't tell the boss).
You could spend some serious cash on earpro but if you're on /k/ asking for recommendations that's probably not a good idea.
>>
>>34419807
Yeah theyre fine if you stick to pistol calibers only. Otherwise enjoy your hearing loss.
>>
Howard Leight Impact Sports and 3M 1100 foam plugs. Absolutely fantastic combo. I turn off the over ears when I fire the louder stuff.
>>
>>34419949
The plugs and fit sound fine.

Perhaps something else is up. Try out some different types of muffs. Perhaps the seal is breaking from tilting your head or clenching your jaw.

If you're indoors, there is only so much you can do. Doubling up, my ears are ok, but I can feel the blast in my chest and on my face. Outdoor ranges are so much more fun.
>>
>>34421587
Yellow tint can help with depth perception but it mostly varies upon how shitty your eyes are.
>>
I wear cheap foam in ears. Muffs always end up digging into the right side of my head for some reason (always the right side) but I played guitar in a touring band for 5 years so I know how to stuff those foam plugs in the right way so they block out all the noise, plus I don't have anything bigger than an AR right now so I don't really feel the need for more earpro.
>>
>>34422023
When I had a manufacturing job, I used to grab those fuckers by the handful.
>>
I wear ear protection but fuck glasses. Shit just gets in the way, fog up, uncomfortable and not that needed.
>>
>>34424328
Granted, but ranges require them now.
>>
>ears
Some cheap shit over ear shit I got from Home Depot, they work well enough for indoor use
>eyes
Some cheap shit safety glasses I found at my dads house or my ray bans
>>
>>34419855
that's weird, I've never heard of foam plugs coupling to muffs.

yeah if you can't get the plugs in any further you should look into wax plugs or even those plastic form fitting ones
>>
File: 23462346.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23462346.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>34424241
>When I had a manufacturing job, I used to grab those fuckers by the handful.

> Be working on loud machinery for 8 hours every day.
> OSHA demands ear plugs are provided.
> Forget muffs at home.
> Go to the ear plug station.
> None.
> Go to the other ear plug station across the building.
> None.
> Go to the office.
> "We can't help you."
> Have to explain to the boss why I'm chilling in the break room because I couldn't find 10 cent ear plugs anywhere in the building because all the mexicans took them all.

I hate you anon.
>>
>>34421587
I'd put a baby in her butt fo sho.
>>
are howard leight sports good enough for indoor use or should I use plugs as well?
>>
>>34425376
Sorry.
We had boxes of them; I don't think we ever came close to running out.
Everyone would just grab a new pair every day. Since I wasn't out on the shop floor all the time, I figured I'd better put my share to use. Plus, I'm pretty sure they were the shittiest ones you could pay money for...
>>
>>34426111
Probably depends on how sensitive your ears are.
I'd grab a pair of foam plugs for a buck just in case.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.