[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No guns euro here with legit question. What's the actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: giphy.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 400x225px
No guns euro here with legit question. What's the actual difference between the assault weapons that media always rambles about and the average semi auto, detachable magazine rifle? The term assault seems pretty stupid and used as some type of buzzword to make it look scarier. Thanks.
>>
>>34412643
Scary black plastic, and the (((Narrative)))
>>
>>34412643
Assault weapon is a made up term starting back in the 80's to characterize semi auto rifles and pistols with detachable box magazines (most of the time) and a bunch of other features that they like to throw around. It literally just describes modern semi-auto rifles and pistols of any type that they incidentally want to ban. They also intentionally conflate terms.
>>
>>34412643
its a way for them to describe a semi automatic rifle without calling it an assault rifle, which would be flat out wrong. Not that they would seem to care
its all about fear and how much BS they can spew out without getting caught
>>
File: c7c5a35946-1486793595662.png (143KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
c7c5a35946-1486793595662.png
143KB, 476x356px
>>34412643
>Casuals against terrorism
is this someone protesting /v/ playing counterstrike?
>>
>>34412702
>>34412688
>>34412661
So is it just random name calling independent of actual parameters? Features like modularity, barrel length and capacity have no influence on the definition?
>>
>>34412643
The actual difference?
A fully automatic or burst fire mode and an intermediate caliber if you want to be technical.
Reality?
What you intend to use it for.
Somebody could storm some place with a Mauser in an intermediate caliber (Yugo MiniMauser in 7.62x39 anyone?) and it would be an "assault rifle" in what it is used for.
>>
File: 1498704834187.jpg (54KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498704834187.jpg
54KB, 716x960px
>>34412643
>The term assault seems pretty stupid and used as some type of buzzword to make it look scarier.
>>
>>34412752
Correct. Anyone who uses the term "assault weapon" by definition has no idea what they're talking about. Assault RIFLES are select fire intermediate caliber weapons like the M16, AK family, HK-32, and StG-44.
>>
>>34412761
>The actual difference?
Yes, that's what I'm asking.

>>34412715
Casuals are european groups related to football that like to dress themselves fancy and low profile, go to other cities drink beer, snort coke and fight between each other. Usually right wing nationalists.
>>
>>34412752
they dont do that much research, if its a semi auto (and even that can be shaky) then its a DEADLY ASSAULT WEAPON. gun control is a fear placebo effect, with the 24 hours news we have now they dont even have to fact check "information" before putting it out. Anchorman 2 had a joke about this but its really how the media operates
>>
>>34412643
A real, honest to god assault rifle is a select fire (that means, it can do fully automatic, semi automatic, and sometimes burst fire modes) rifle chambered in an intermediate caliber (this means, usually, a round that is not too large, but not too small, and usually goes at high velocities but with a relatively small bullet).

The "assault weapon" term is media and political hocus pocus. It means nothing and has been applied to everything between an SKS and an AR15 (which is semi-automatic only). Usually this is only due to the cosmetics of a gun, where black means scary and dangerous.

The truth is that crimes are insanely rarely committed with actual assault rifles. Nobody has them except well off collectors (in the US, at least). People Europe who have them have all the licensing and scrutiny that comes with it.

Even if we were to talk about what the media calls "assault weapons", namely, black long rifles with 30 round magazines, those are not involved in much crime in the US either. They are some 500 incidents out of the over 10,000 deaths involving a firearm every year. A drop in the bucket.
>>
>>34412841
>>34412805
Thanks, that will make me look good when writing articles from my local newspaper.

No, really thanks. I want to educate myself and try to convince at least those around me to not suck the anti gun narrative so fucking much.
>>
>>34412752
Barrel length is already covered by the NFA of 1934. Capacity is often a feature referenced but assault capacity varies for seven rounds to thirty rounds on what the cut off is
>>
>>34412761
Hey you fucking retard, he said assault weapon, not assault rifle.
>>
>>34412805
Anyone can shoot an assault rifle in Vegas though.
>>
>>34412882
Objection!
Semiautomatic and burst fire only, without any fully automatic setting, still meets the definition of an assault rifle.
There is also one factual class of assault weapons, light machine guns aka squad assault weapons.
>>
>>34412884
good luck, my best examples are looking up crime stats between countries, this shows that it does vary a lot and its not fair to say something like "Europe is just safer as a whole then the US" or vice versa. Different countries have different laws, and therefore different ways to record crime which needs to be taken into effect.
Also, personal true crime stories. Rapists, murderers, home invasions, shooters, ect. Granted this more more cherry picking and youll go back and forth with those saying "odds are it wont happen" but show them that it can happen, the world isnt always safe and if you are legally able to do so you should be able to arm yourself if you want. Use the last dozen terrorist attacks for example
>>
>>34412643
ACTUAlLY, the technical difference is select fire (full auto)
>>
>>34412882
>The "assault weapon" term is media and political hocus pocus. It means nothing

>means nothing

...uh

>Criteria of an assault weapon
>Under the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon" included specific semi-automatic firearm models by name, and other semi-automatic firearms that >possessed two or more from a set certain features:
>
>
>Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>>Folding or telescoping stock
>>Pistol grip
>>Bayonet mount
>>Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
>>Grenade launcher mount
>
>Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>>Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
>>Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
>>Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
>>Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
>
>A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
>
>Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
>>Folding or telescoping stock
>>Pistol grip
>>Detachable magazine.

Now those are STUPID DEFINITIONS, but they're real. They mean something.

(Fucking especially fucking barrel shrouds, fuck me sideways that's retarded)
>>
>>34417000
Nice trips.

You bring up a good point, while the AWB was retarded, it legally defined an "assault weapon" and was not struck down in court. That's literally exactly what an assault weapon is.
It's sad that the media punching-bag weapon category is defined by cosmetic features, but that's the way she goes.
>>
>>34417054

The assault weapons ban brought us the term "assault pistol" and
i
just
want
to
puke

Fantastic that it had the 10-year sunset clause.
Straight up amazing that, when it came up again, the government didn't re-implement it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.