[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey so how can I tell if this is real or not? it looks old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

File: where did this come from.jpg (20KB, 291x254px) Image search: [Google]
where did this come from.jpg
20KB, 291x254px
Hey so

how can I tell if this is real or not?

it looks old as shit. how can I tell if it's unstable or not without killing myself?

it FEELS real. I've never used one of these, this looks to me like one of those american mk2 grenades, and I've used m67s and russian f1s in the past.

I'm pretty uncomfortable having this in my house when I'm not mentally well and might do something retarded.
>>
Where the fuck did you find it?

Is this just recycled shit from that moron over at /b/ who blew himself to hell by dropping a live grenade he found into his toilet?
>>
>>34410873
put in microwave
>>
File: 800px-Mk2-HE.jpg (205KB, 800x1255px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Mk2-HE.jpg
205KB, 800x1255px
further research indicates this is a high explosive variant.

well my heart rate just increased.

>>34410954

long story short, I'm essentially schizophrenic and I've been drinking a lot. Just kinda found it in my room today.
>>
>>34410873

hit it really hard several times with a hammer

on the sides on the top etc

be sure to get this on video so we can watch
>>
>>34410873
do you have a scale to weigh it?
>>
>>34410954
>Is this just recycled shit from that moron over at /b/ who blew himself to hell by dropping a live grenade he found into his toilet?

>>34410971
>further research indicates this is a high explosive variant.
>well my heart rate just increased.
>>>34410954
>I'm essentially schizophrenic and I've been drinking a lot. Just kinda found it in my room today.
you're essentially a faggot
>>
>>34410990

you want a timestamp or something? I don't even know what to fucking do to properly get rid of this thing. It cannot be here, I am a retard.

>>34410975

I have a bathroom scale, that's about it.
>>
>>34410873
pull the pin
>>
just pull the pin and throw it somewhere you don't care about
>>
>>34410873
Bury that shit in the backyard.

Or go to a pond and pull the pin, throw into water and run.
>>
>>34410873
>>34410971
Unscrew the fuze, shown here. Pull it out and take a picture of it, then take a picture of the inside of the body as well. Do it without pulling the pin, obviously.
>>
File: ur a fagit.png (1MB, 1152x1255px) Image search: [Google]
ur a fagit.png
1MB, 1152x1255px
>>34411038
forgot pic
>>
>>34410873
It needs cleaning first. The "clean" setting on your oven should do the trick. Leave it in for at least an hour.
>>
>>34411048

Gonna look up if that's a safe thing to do, since I am not putting my safety in the hands of /k/ommandos.
>>
>>34411061
Okay, I've done it, but sure. Look it up. The red boxed section is the fuze, its what sets off the explosive in the body of the grenade. Separating the two is one of the safest things you can do. In the event that it is live, I'd say keep it, and keep them separated. The fuze itself is still dangerous, but less than the two together.
>>
>>34411061
Shut up and do it or you are forever a lying faggot. Twisting the fuse off isn't going to blow you up pussy.
>>
>>34410873
Try to unscrew the fuse, it should come off.

>Then get a bucket of water
>take the grenade bit and put it somewhere else, save it for later
>wrap the spoon to the body of the fuse, make sure the wrapping will come off smoothly if it is pulled, about 30 wrappings will make it safe
>carefully submerge the fuse in the bucket, outside in case it breaks the bucked
>pull the pin while in the bucket
>lay it in the bottom and ensure the wrapping stays secure on the spoon
>stand back and start unraveling it with a good distance between you and the bucket
>spoon releases and detonates the fuse if it was still good

As for the explosive, it is probably going to be C-3, so it is good and stable. Just start by wetting it and gently excavating it with a plastic spoon or knife.
>>
>>34411083
Hey OP, if you have a working grenade, that's pretty fuckin sweet. Dont listen to this jagoff.
>>
>>34411061
>comes to /k/ for advice
>gets legit advice
>doesnt listen

Why even bother?
>>
Take it to the woods. pull the ring then toss that sucker!!
>>
>>34411000
if its analog scale, weigh the grenade and see if its the right weight for a loaded one.
>>
>>34411109
Why not? It would effectively deactivate the grenade and keep OP safe. The bucket of water is not for the whole grenade, just the fuse.

The explosive could then sit inert, with not means of being detonated, or could be removed.
>>
>>34410873
Honestly dude...
Fuck everyone here and what the tell you

If it has not blown up yet
>It wont.

Fucking this is HOW old now ?
>70 years? , yeah its fine

Also..
Take that fucker to the woods and make a jewtube video

or...

keep it.. you have a fucking grenade.
Maybe it will come in handly one day...
Like; i wish I had a fucking grenade.
Come the fuck on Anon
>>
>>34411180
Because that was genuine advice and is simple enough for OP to go through with based on simplicity alone. If that is discredited it may be ignored and OP may be encouraged to go something even more stupid.
>>
>>34410873
looks kind of real from that angle, if you soak it in motor oil and twist the fuse off you can see if it's filled with explosive. that will make it much less likely to explode. and hey if it's a real ww2 era pineapple it'll be worth over $100 inert.
>>
>>34411196
the explosive might have precipitated out of any stabilizer and crystallized inside making it much more sensitive to shock. old age does not make explosives safer.
>>
>>34410873
Unscrew the top and unscrew it
>>
File: k rays.jpg (35KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
k rays.jpg
35KB, 550x600px
>>34410873
EODfag
Looks legit - early US MkII Frag grenade
Don't microwave/toilet/oven it
Don't try to unscrew the fuze. Yellow paint is a HE fill, so after 70years you can get crystalisation or migration of HE into the threads.
>Call your local cops/EOD

Or fuckit, its /k go ahead shove it up your ass
>>
File: i-found-a-grenade-thread.jpg (432KB, 640x3816px) Image search: [Google]
i-found-a-grenade-thread.jpg
432KB, 640x3816px
>>34410873
>it's all happening again
I love this timeline
Never change
>>
>>34411310

fucking hell. I'll do it tomorrow I guess, no sense in dealing with police this late.

at this point I'm very concerned with how the fuck I ended up with this goddamn thing.
>>
>>34410873
Ignore these morons. I am your friend. This is what you need to do:

1. Take a dump. Be sure you empty everything out.
2. Lube up the grenade. Use a whole jar of Vaseline.
3. Shove it up your ass. Watch out for the spoon, don't cut yourself!
4. Once you get to the pin, remove and discard it. Don't worry - your rectum will keep the spoon closed. Probably.
5. Report to the nearest emergency room or urgent care center. Tell them what you did.
6. Revel in the chaos and terror you've caused. Prepare to be famous.

(OP), your life will change. You will leave your mark. You may never get this chance again. Do not fuck it up!
>>
>>34411385
>giving it to the police
holy fuck you cuck blow it up. Do it on the 4th when everyone is shooting off fireworks and nobody will report the noise.
>>
>>34411385
If you don't take it into the woods, record it, and throw it, you're the world's worst human being.
>>
>>34411409
>>34411425
EODfag
99% chance the primer is deteriorated and the striker spring wont initiate it.
The main risk in grandads ww2 bringback souvenir grenade is either the HE cooks off in housefire or /kunts find it and do something stupid.
Anyway, what happens when throwing is then is OP has a UXO MkII frag somewhere in the long grass wherever it bounced to.
>fuckmylife having to linesearch for a shit UXO grenade instead of beers on 4july
Why EOD gives advice on /k instead of just watching more toilet incidents
>>
>>34410873
You're going to end up like that poor bastard who went digging in Passchendaele and came to /k/ asking about the shell he found that was leaking a weird fluid. He was gassed to death by the shell.
>>
>>34411499
For future reference how exactly would you go about contacting the proper authorities about UXO without them flipping shit?
>>
>>34411517
how do u know he was gassed to death? if he died he wouldnt be able to post a response saying he died
>>
>>34411545
run around in public holding it up in the air screaming "I MAY HAVE A LIVE GRENADE IN MY HAND"

not an eodfag
>>
>>34411545
EODfag
Depends on your locale/ jurisdiction, but basically:
>Just call your local cops
>Dont be a dic/k
>Describe what you found
>Dont fuc/k with it
Unless you are personally stealing/smuggling illegal military property, the military doesnt care about charges and its not a civil cop issue, its basically a permanent amnesty to get old UXO out of circulation.

Alternatively your military EOD unit may publish a public contact number. Most dont, they let 911 deal with the bullshit k/allers then if its a legit call it gets passed through.
>>
>>34411606
Hi my name is Al.
Al Arrakbar...
>sounds legit
>>
>>34411310
>>34411385
>Call your local cops/EOD

but then you don't get a mk2 frag, soak it in penetrating oil, rig up a blast shield and unscrew the top with a stick tied to it
>>
File: 1498779904543.jpg (20KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1498779904543.jpg
20KB, 320x310px
This is going well
>>
Pull the pin and see if it explodes
>>
>>34411903

Yes.
>>
>>34411499
>welfare queen here
Thanks we don't care.
>>
>>34410873
How can you tell if it's real? Easily enough: if it explodes, it's real.
>>
>>34412025

Not knowledgeable enough. Just know that old shells like that frequently housed explosives or other fun things. Gunpowder in a case, no big deal that shit'll sit forever. Some oldass HE or incendiary however, that's a cause for concern.
>>
Don't give it to the cops you fool !!

I will not blow up if you don't pull the pin. It has lasted years without blowing up so far.

Don't be a bitch. just keep it. why would you give away such a prize.
>>
>>34412113

until one of your retarded friends goes "hey is that real" followed shortly thereafter by a bang.
>>
>>34411083
>>34411310
>>34411499
Don't listento these people you'll just get hounded by police and treated as a terrorist, or blow yourself up. Just take it to a safe location and set up a tannerite target with the grenade inside. Shoot it from a safe distance away.
>>
>>34412268
Or if you can't buy guns because of your mental issues, get some fireworks and buy some fuse packages. String together a fucking long ass fuse and attach it to firework pile. Hide and wait for boom.
>>
>>34412268
EODfag
VoD of Tannerite won't function TNT.
Might physically crack the castiron, but most lkely outcome is OPs MkII gets booted off innawoods as 1piece or a few broken lumps.
No different to just shooting tannerite without a grenade in it.
>tannerite is just AN based low explosive for norealexplosivez like hipointz and bubbanuggetz are for nogunz
Why else do you think the doggoshooters let it be sold? Because its dumb k/rap
>>34412198
Basically this. The only reason military EOD still has to do domestic UXO cleanup.
>>
>>34412496
What about shooting the grenade?
>>
>>34412576
Just stop posting.
>>
>>34412576
WHAT KIND OF SADIST FUCK WOULD ISSUE IMPACT SENSITIVE EXPLOSIVES TO TROOPS
>>
>>34412780
>WHAT KIND OF SADIST FUCK WOULD ISSUE IMPACT SENSITIVE EXPLOSIVES TO TROOPS
Russia actually. I think.
>>
File: images (81).jpg (40KB, 327x449px) Image search: [Google]
images (81).jpg
40KB, 327x449px
>>34412576
EODfag
>k/ocks shooting at a grenade...
Ok. Serious answer.
Yes we do it. SMUD. Standoff Munition Disruption.
>the real reason ShitLocker movie shows EOD with Barrett not for milesniping hajjis
A 7.62mm AP or larger 12.7mm Raufoss will break a munition apart and either disrupt the fuzing or impart enough energy to low-order initiate the now unconfined HE fill instead of having a UXO risk of a confined detonation.
Mainly used for submunitions for rapid airfield clearance where they have antidisturbance fuzes that are difficult to approach or seismic boobytraps like Soviet VP-13.
The outcome is to not have a full explosion so not what >>34412268 is trying to do.
>>
>>34411565
He probably went back to fucking with the shell after going on /k/ and then acsendely set it off or released enought active chemicals to kill him.
>>
>>34410873
You know, you can always look into filing the paper work and tax stamp for a live DD if you are worried about the legalitys of it. Before you do just make sure you do some research and are certain the ATF will clear you for the stamp and then you can get the proper legal storage for it. You might end up letting them know you have it then they take it and you lose your grenade. Like others have said. You basically have a unlimited amnesty for this and can always play the dumb civilian card if the government asks.
>>
>>34411131
Fuck dude remember the toilet kid? We've killed people on this board before, don't blame the kid for being skeptical on a Cantonese wood-carving board known for being full of shitters.
>>
>>34412293
>mental issues
EODfag
>another noexplosivez 'expert'.
Fireworks or fuse wont initiate Tannerite.
The limitation that is has to be shot is one of the safety factors that kept it legal as an exploding target. It cant readily be made into a remotely initiated IED by fuc/king around with simple fuzing.
>>
>>34410873
>this many responses to a thread that pops up every month.
Have ya'll not seen these at every gun show in existence? Plug in the bottom and ask /k/ what to do with the grenade you "found" in your granddads house. This shit gets old
>>
>>34413030
Story plz.
>>
>>34412830
and issuing an antitank weapon that was basically a potato gun made to launch glass spheres full of self igniting phosphorous/gasoline
>>
>>34413661
Anon in South America finds grenade, does stupid things with it, posts pics. Ends up winning stupid prize. The end.
>>
>>34413710
9/10, would read again.
>>
pull pin, throw in toilet
>>
pull pin and insert it in your ass
>>
>>34414147
But the pin doesn't fit in my ass....
>>
>>34414285
Put the grenade up your ass, the pin up your urethra.
>>
>>34414285
Thats one tight ass.
Anal Botox?
>>
>>34410873
Again? Don't you get tired of posting the same old shit. Sage
>>
>>34413649
that is a correct older design fuze, the paint is right and the body isn't obviously a rough cast paper weight. if he bought it at a gun show he paid $200+ for a correctly inerted old, once live grenade.
>>
>>34410873
call the cawps
>>
>>34410873
I remember that thread

on a related note last week I found some UXO while hiking, Isay "found" but the truth is some other retard found it and brought it to me to look at

I calmly took it out of his hands, put it on the ground and ushered him away
Figured if it hadn't gone off when he picked it up the biggest risk was him panicking and dropping it

I believe it was a cluster munition
>>
> decide to throw it for shits and giggles
> it doesn't explode
> now it's 3x as dangerous
>>
>>34410873
Pull the pin and throw it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>34410873
>>34410971
Put it in your butt. Waaaaaaay up in there.
Then pull the pin.
>>
>>34410873
Take to open field nothing within a half mile.
Dig 5 foot deep hole then pull pin and throw grenade away from you and jump in the hole wait until you hear a explosion or twenty minutes then call the sheriff and explain your situation to him he will understand especially you being schizophrenic. Good luck please record everything and have someone post as you will be unable to until they get you processed into your new facility. Be safe space cowboy!
>>
>>34411385
NO!!!!! KEEP IT!!!!
>>
cook it with a pressure cooker
>>
>>34416117
OP, if you do this, make sure you do it in the middle of a marathon.
>>
>>34411394
This would be the most 4chan possible course of action and is highly suggested.
>>
>>34410873
The early issue pineapple grenades were this color. All HE is yellow. That has since been replaced with green or black bodies with yellow bands. It could just be painted. Call the local PD bomb squad. They will remove it. Or, unscrew the fuze and let us know what you see.
>>
>>34411394
DO IT.
>>
>>34415424
Dang, where u at?
>>
>>34410873
Pull pin.
Throw in a large body of water.
Profit.
>>
You could always find a secluded place to put it then call EOD anonymously to go pick it up so you don't have to fuck around with the police.
>>
File: SELL ME YOUR HOUSE.jpg (20KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
SELL ME YOUR HOUSE.jpg
20KB, 271x400px
>>34411394
>Tell them what you did.
>I shoved a high explosive grenade up my ass and pulled the pin
>>
>>34410873
if you cut it open and there is succulent juicy flesh; you indeed, have a real pineapple. Otherwise you have been deceived.
>>
>>34410873
Call EOD/Cops you dont want to off yourself because of this.
>maybe non emergency because you dont want swat rolling up and shooting you for holding it.
Careful OP
>>
>>34416226
Kek
>>
>>34410971
>, I'm essentially schizophrenic and I've been drinking a lot.

your essentially a faggot
>>
File: curiousgeorgeGrenade.jpg (26KB, 273x425px) Image search: [Google]
curiousgeorgeGrenade.jpg
26KB, 273x425px
>>34410873

Just pull the pin, you fucking chickenshit faggot. You're retarded and shit anyway. Do it.
>>
>>34410873
hi again
>>
>>34417166
innajungle

peasants often go UXO hunting to sell it for scrap or for collectable value, which is why the retards still blow themselves up

very occasionaly someone hits UXO with a plough, or something like that

usually it's retards like this guy getting everyone killed
>>
>>34410971
>long story short, I'm essentially schizophrenic and I've been drinking a lot. Just kinda found it in my room today.

wow great thread bro, totally legit, gonna subscribe and keep reading!!!
>>
>>34421186
Cambodia? Whatever line of work you're in sounds fun.
>>
Wipe your prints off, pull the pin, and throw it in a cops/liberals/feminists mailbox
>>
Did OP died?
>>
>>34413710
You got a screencap of it, anon?
>>
>>34424938
https://www.google.com/search?q=grenade+thread+screencap
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.