[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ can off duty military personal assist the police

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Riot-Defense-Police1.jpg (126KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Riot-Defense-Police1.jpg
126KB, 800x533px
hey /k/ can off duty military personal assist the police in a shoot out?
>>
No, you fucking E-3 idiot. Hell, off duty cops get killed by other cops trying to do the same bullshit.
>>
>>34400634
Yes. Next time you see them, just inform them that you have a gun and want to join in. They will appreciate the fact that the military wants to help and let you have point.
>>
>>34400641
You're a fucking moron.

Every state that has decent defense laws allows for the use of deadly force to defend the life of another, including cops, and it doesn't matter if you're in the fucking military or not.
>>
>>34400641
That only happens with nigger police. If you aren't a nigger, there isn't a problem

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/saint-louis-black-officer.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/29/nyregion/29cop.html
>>
>>34400641
this is why I would be extremely hesitant to assist an officer in a shootout. He probably has 10+ of his buddies speeding to the scene and if im helping the first thing they will see when they pull up is a random nonuniformed dude with a gun out.
>>
>>34400641
>>34400707
>>34400682
>>34400670
>>34400653
but say i f you were in uniform would it be safer than?
>>
>>34400728
It doesn't matter if you're in a military uniform, or a clown costume, most states allow citizens to use deadly force to defend the lives of others, regardless of their employment.
>>
Why would you want to assist the police instead of insisting the people shooting at the police?
Are you autistic?
>>
>>34401206
justifiable homicide laws aren't going to help you much when the cops gun you down because they misidentified you as a bad guy. additionally, cops have a duty to act and are protected by law; you are vulnerable to criminal and/or civil suit if you injure or kill someone else or destroy property.

IMO, if there is a police shootout in your immediate vicinity you should gtfo unless its unsafe or impossible to do so. remember this is a chaotic and high stress environment; while most cops will be able to recognize you're not a bad guy because you're not shooting at them, that doesn't mean it can't happen, and if it does it will always be your fault. additionally, your involvement adds complexity to the scenario, since the cops will be following their SOP while they won't be able to predict what you're going to do next, nor do you have the means to communicate your intentions with them.
>>
>>34402173
So don't assist anyone, you giant faggot.

The question was about the LEGALITY of using deadly force to assist others, and it IS legal, regardless of profession.

Contrary to popular belief, but not everyone is a fucking urbanite that hates their cops, and there's a lot of citizens that live outside of the urban jew / nigger infested hell holes where people actually still respect each other and help each other out in a bind, even if they're cops.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>34400634
no such thing as off duty military personnel
you are literally allowed to call out "freeze, US Army" and make arrests and such though
if you are off posts than you must follow civvy law and stay out of security forces AO
>>
>>34402235
>The question was about the LEGALITY of using deadly force to assist others, and it IS legal, regardless of profession.

it depends on state law, you sperglord, and if you bothered to read my post before your autistic screeching intensified, you'd realize that i specifically pointed out that there is no guaranteed protection from criminal or civil suits if something goes wrong

so deal with it faggot, you're wrong; its much more complicated than yes or no.

>not everyone is a fucking urbanite that hates their cops
herp derp, i'm in federal law enforcement you giant ass maggot
>>
>>34402551
lmao naw man

out of all the MPs and Security Forces on military bases there's may only be a few senior NCOs and Captains that are actually deputized and can make arrests
>>
>>34402485
>My dad works at Nintendo, I know this stuff
>>
>>34400634
Yes, but if I'm in a gunfight and you just whip out a gun, I'm liable to think you're about to start shooting at me too unless you're very cautious about how you do it.

The specifics vary from state to state, but generally, if you'd be allowed to use lethal force to stop an attack on a member of the public, you'd be able to use lethal force to stop an attack on the police too.
>>
If your dressed nice you have a better chance of not getting shot as some of our detectives are plain clothes in suits. Just make sure you don't get involved in something your not capable of handling.
>>
>>34400634
Posse non commitment act, military can't help cops unless national emergency or something.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.