[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After watching the movie "Patriot" and watched the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: 1496466968186.jpg (351KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
1496466968186.jpg
351KB, 800x619px
After watching the movie "Patriot" and watched the show "TURN Washington's spies" and reading up on history about how evil and corrupted and ruthless the redcoats brits were towards the colonists and such I have a question.

Why did we stopped attacking the british after the revolution?

Seriously I get it that we fought for freedom and independence from the yellow buck teeth bastards but why stop there? Why not continued the fight and gather up the military strength and go towards U.K. and destroy the rest of them?

Seriously it infuriates me to see and hear that the United States of America after becoming a self proclaimed country and independent nation have not went after the fleeing bastards and ended them all then go after U.K. and destroy that empire onced and for all!

Why!? Why did our four fathers and later on generations of this nation not raged war against the ungodly nation of U.K.!?

Why are we allied with them and why are we now friends with them!?
>>
>>34400036
Ask your history teacher summer fag.
>>
>>34400036

Maybe because at the time, the USA was an insignificant backwater whose navy was still in tree form, and Britian was one of the world's largest empires and had one of the world's most powerful navies?
>>
War of 1812

The US didn't really become a great power until after the civil war. It wasn't until after WW1 that we surpassed the British.
>>
File: DYDfalN6_400x400.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DYDfalN6_400x400.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
because the Brits still had a massive military presence in Canada and the Caribbean. Plus our navy was a joke at the time(mostly consisting of privateers) so any kind of naval based assault would be squashed. history anons feel free to correct me
>>
>>34400036
I see you've chosen a different anti-British line this time, you plastic paddy...
>>
>>34400104
>>34400112
Alright but after many decades the United States have built up it's empire and is now the most powerful military in existence while U.K.'s military power and strength dwindled down and is now nothing more but a speck of dirt of an army they have.

Why not attack now? We have had many many MANY chances back then to launch an attack against the bastards of that small island throughout the 19th century but none NONE have been initiated at ALL FUCK!

WHY ARE WE NOT ATTACKING THOSE REDCOAT BASTARDS FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR PEOPLE IN THE PAST WHEN THEY ONCE OPPRESSED AND TORTURED AND KILLED OUR PEOPLE!

WHY?
>>
>>34400157
Why bother attacking now? They are soon to be overwhelmed from within the best course of action is to not send any aid once they actually do get invaded.
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>34400157
stop
>>
Who do you think is giving all the aloha snackbars money to go to the UK now?

Murica played the long con.
>>
>>34400181
This

>>34400348
kekkles. An amusing conspiracy theory.
>>
>>34400036
Because you couldn't even kick them out of Canada.
>>
>>34400036
1- They were an ocean away at a time when our naval power was woefully insufficient. We were bullied into giving like 1/4th of our entire treasury to pirates for a short time before we doubled-down on kicking ass in the Barbary coast. This, TO THIS DAY, is the foundation of why we don't negotiate with terrorists or pay terror ransoms.
2- They actually weren't that brutal, believe it or not British rule was at worst par for the course, and at best they were one of the more merciful and consistent empires in global history.

3- We literally started the revolution on a taxation and legal representation dispute, and as soon as we had independence the crux of that issue (being taxed without a say in how taxes were spent) was no longer an issue. You don't bitch about Pennsylvania taxes, move to Arizona, then continue some militia movement against Pennsylvania's revenue service. That would be insane and asinine.

4- Americans, paradoxically, are not actually that blood thirsty. We will rage like a pissed off Godzilla whenever we step on a thumbtack, but it wears off pretty fast. Everyone at this point knows to stand aside and let it happen. Combined with slow speeds of travel and time = America cools its shit.

5- Britain is our most valuable ally, followed by probably Japan (due to geographical significance). Britain brings Canadian, Australian, and NZ support with it wherever it goes; Five Eyes is a thing for a reason. We may be the son that got in a fight with the parents and moved out on our own, but now that we are all grown up we come to visit the folks.

5/10 made me reply to a dumb as hell bait thread.
>>
File: 1478689473434.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478689473434.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>34400348
>>
File: Sage spice.png (176KB, 247x442px) Image search: [Google]
Sage spice.png
176KB, 247x442px
>>34400036
>Why did we stopped attacking the british after the revolution?
Is this a real question? The Brits had to cross the Atlantic to get over here and we barely beat them and we needed help to do so, if we'd tried to continue the war we would've gotten our asses kicked. The Brits practically did kick our ass in the war of 1812 and again they had to cross an ocean to do it.

>Why did we stopped
>Why not continued
>have not went
DESU this gives me the distinct impression that you're not from the US and you're trying to take everyone on a ruse cruise.
>>
>>34400104
>Maybe because at the time, the USA was an insignificant backwater whose navy was still in tree form,
Yes.

>and Britian was one of the world's largest empires and had one of the world's most powerful navies?
Not really. They were an up-and-comer at that stage, they wouldn't reach their height for another century.
>>
File: 1495985902888.gif (1001KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495985902888.gif
1001KB, 600x450px
>>34400036
with what Navy?

Congress had to levy taxes to build a fucking navy when north-African muslim pirates were raiding and enslaving our trade ships. Eventually America allied with another European country pissed about the piracy defeated the enemy. I want to say it was Switzerland but it might have been Sweden.

It's probably the singular reason we have federal taxes.

Removing kebab is as American as it gets.
>>
>>34400036
If those are your only basis of information for the American Revolutionary period, I pity you.

Read a book, one without pictures.
>>
>>34401049
of course they could have secretly been British privateers or something, maybe the crown had a CIA with a large discretionary budget?
>>
>>34401049
>I want to say it was Switzerland but it might have been Sweden.
Yeah, Switzerland isn't exactly renowned for their navy...
>>
>>34400036
After watching the movie "Brokeback Mountain" and watched the show "Queer as Folk" and reading up on history about how evil and corrupted and ruthless the conservative brits were towards the gays and such I have a question.

Why did we stopped attacking the cons after the revolution?

Seriously I get it that we fought for freedom and independence from the yellow buck teeth bastards but why stop there? Why not continued the fight and gather up the trans strength and go towards U.K. and destroy the rest of them?

Seriously it infuriates me to see and hear that the United States of America after becoming a self proclaimed haven for criminals and independent nation have not went after the fleeing bastards and ended them all then go after straight men and destroy that patriarchy onced and for all!

Why!? Why did our foreskin fathers and later on generations of this nation not raged war against the oppressive nation of the whites.!?

>>
After watching the movie "Patriot" and watched the show "TURN Washington's spies" and reading up on history about how evil and corrupted and ruthless the redcoats brits were towards the colonists and such I have a question.

Why did we stopped attacking the british after the revolution?

Seriously I get it that we fought for freedom and independence from the yellow buck teeth bastards but why stop there? Why not continued the fight and gather up the military strength and go towards U.K. and destroy the rest of them?

Seriously it infuriates me to see and hear that the United States of America after becoming a self proclaimed country and independent nation have not went after the fleeing bastards and ended them all then go after U.K. and destroy that empire onced and for all!

Why later on generations of this nation not raged war against the ungodly nation of U.K.!?

After many decades the United States have built up it's empire and is now the most powerful military in existence while U.K.'s military power and strength dwindled down and is now nothing more but a speck of dirt of an army they have.

Why not attack now? We have had many many MANY chances back then to launch an attack against the bastards of that small island throughout the 19th century but none NONE have been initiated at ALL FUCK!

WHY ARE WE NOT ATTACKING THOSE REDCOAT BASTARDS FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR PEOPLE IN THE PAST WHEN THEY ONCE OPPRESSED AND TORTURED AND KILLED OUR PEOPLE!

WHY?

>thanks for the new pasta friend!
>>
>>34400036
>Why did we stopped attacking the british after the revolution?

They fucked off and left Vietnam style.
>>
>>34401268
Kek
>>
File: 1443273696522.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1443273696522.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>Why did we stopped
>and watched the show
>Why not continued
>have not went
>and them ended them all then go
>once and for all
>!

>Why did our four fathers
>four fathers
>F O U R F A T H E R S
>not raged war

I swear, i absolutely love it when brain damaged thrid worlders and their trying English skills pretend to be from the Anglosphere in an attempt to bait people. Whether it's /sp/, /k/, /g/, /o/, or any other board in which non-Anglos try their hardest to be taken seriously, their retarded English always betrays them.
>>
>>34400157
one islamic country at a time anon
>>
>>34400036
Don't get your history from (((hollywood)))
>>
>>34400157
Actual question: Are you from the Balkans? Because you sound like some like some dipshit slav who's still pissy that the guys in the next town over stole some cows a thousand years back.

It's been over 200 years and we've patched up our differences with Britain.
>>
>>34401492
>It's been over 200 years and we've patched up our differences with Britain.

Yeah, no. The running joke, at least here in Germany and in many other parts of Europe I believe, is that the British have been effectively vassalized by a country they used to own. Yours isn't a relationship of equals and of partners since the US government more-or-less has had the UK on quite a tight leash for a while.
>>
>>34401122
I snorted.
>>
>>34401492
What makes you think that!?
>>
>>34401601
That's a yes
>>
>>34401492
I wish to see the day the United States goes to war against the english cunts!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498768379042.jpg (28KB, 960x645px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498768379042.jpg
28KB, 960x645px
>>34400036
>four fathers
>>
>>34401531
>vassalize your lords
that's how it's done America style
even a two bit backward fledgling nation can own Great Britain in America
>>
>>34403733
jej
>>
File: giphy.gif (4MB, 459x259px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4MB, 459x259px
>>34401427
>>
>>34400036
that FOOKIN legend in TURN was great.

TURN was a really great show.
>>
>>34401531
But surely, German emigration to the US was even greater, and Germany is by far the most beholden nation to the US, of the last 70 years.
>>
>>34400112
Technically we surpassed them and most of the world during the civil war. Then we let everything go to shit.
>>
Did any of you fags listen in history class?

Among the founding fathers were two camps. Those that favored restoring relations with Britain and those that favored France.

Take a guess who won, eventually!
>>
>>34400806
>reading comprehension
One of the most powerful. One of. Name five countries at that time with a larger empire and a more powerful navy; you can't, can you.
>>
>>34404459
I suspect it was the Civil War that really gave the US a massive boost in terms of industrial capability that would give it the edge over Europe. I mean, just look at the raft of innovative firearms they were churning out, that level of technical machine work was unrivalled.
>>
>>34400036
Because Britain had the most powerful navy in the world bar none and controlled an empire upon which the sun never set.

The US was a backwater that was more trouble than it was worth.
>>
>>34401268
Holy fuck 10/10
>>
>>34404505
It evidently was worth the trouble, but even Britain couldn't sustain that level of commitment in terms of quelling the rebellion.

Also Washington and his boys were a bunch of hard nosed Anglos intent on not paying taxes, and they had that nonconformist Protestant stubbornness to boot. Sons of Cromwell, the lot of them.
>>
>>34400036

First of all. Britain was very kind to the colonists. The whole "taxation" bullshit was nothing more than a power struggle by the colonist "elites".

Secondly, Britain was the most powerful empire in the world currently in a long and costly war with France, which is also one of the only reasons why you even became independent in the first place. No France, no independence.

Lastly, England pushed your shit in, in 1812.

Dont get cocky kid.
>>
>>34404843
>which is also one of the only reasons why you even became independent in the first place. No France, no independence.

And if it weren't for my grandpappy you would be speaking german :^).
>>
>>34404856

I speak German silly child.
>>
>>34401049
hate to tell you this anon, but I doubt most of the people in Switzerland have even heard of the ocean.
>>
>>34400157
>Why not attack now?
You should learn about WWII and Atlantic charter. Britain is no more than US froward military base now.
>>
File: Britain and france.png (778KB, 848x4969px) Image search: [Google]
Britain and france.png
778KB, 848x4969px
>>34404843
>First of all. Britain was very kind to the colonists. The whole "taxation" bullshit was nothing more than a power struggle by the colonist "elites".
>very kind to the colonists
This varied quite a bit. There are more than a few articles of the bill of rights that were written specifically to address British abuses.
But on the whole, yeah, it is ironic that part of all of that war effort was to keep the colonists safe and then the colonist elites decided they'd rather run their own game than pay the war debt. Representation's a nice battle cry but that was the real reason behind it.
>Secondly, Britain was the most powerful empire in the world currently in a long and costly war with France, which is also one of the only reasons why you even became independent in the first place. No France, no independence.
Yup
>Lastly, England pushed your shit in, in 1812.
Yep that shit was dumb, but that just goes to show you that you need to get your house in order before you go playing with the big kids.

Washington wasn't stupid when he told us not to get wrapped up in Euro fuck fuck games.

We got Andrew Jackson out of that war, though, so that was great, and I find it eternally amusing that it was actually the Canadians who managed to burn down the White House.
>Dont get cocky kid.
R-rule Britannia

Britain was broke as fuck after all of their dick waving with France, and then France decided to have a funny little proxy war in Britain's very own colony and it worked.

Funny how that colony eclipsed both of them later on, but them's the breaks.
>>
File: This will be easy.png (197KB, 934x1512px) Image search: [Google]
This will be easy.png
197KB, 934x1512px
>>34404949
It was a combination of Britain trying to sustain yet another war from an ocean away, not being able to use their traditional ruthless tactics for quelling rebellions because it was their own not-so-recently-removed citizens that were doing the rebelling rather than different colored natives against whom they could actually justify stiff-upper-lip brutality to their own population, and as a direct continuation of that getting their sorry asses bogged down in an asymmetric fight their regimented line units and very colorfully decorated officers were not prepared for. French contributions were important, particularly seaside, but there was plenty of fighting and dying and such that they didn't commit.

To answer OP's question, the US was largely still trying to get its shit in order and effectively govern itself - there wasn't really any consideration to messing with them because people were too busy trying to figure out how to get it right.

They actually had to put down a rebellion because they couldn't afford to pay their own soldiers shortly afterward, that's how broke they were.

In modern terms, the logistics and force projection - and arguably the will of the public, who largely just wanted to be left to their own devices and had no desire to go on the offensive - weren't there. The British still largely ruled the seas, so any attempts at offense upon the home isle would have been laughable.

Have an amusing jingo video.

https://youtu.be/NTg5-E2_O1A?t=4m45s
>>
>>34400036
There is no particular difference between British imperialism and German nazism.
>>
MADE
IN
>>
>>34404843
This post is the epitome of WE WUZ arguments.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.