[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, just a random question. What is the brightest flash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1497617660714.jpg (565KB, 1767x2613px) Image search: [Google]
1497617660714.jpg
565KB, 1767x2613px
Hey /k/, just a random question. What is the brightest flash light you can buy that isn't insanely bright?

I work in security and we get these terrible ones that are more hitting clubs than flash lights. Though it's good as a club, it's a terrible flashlight. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>34399801
that isn't insanely high price*
Damn it.
>>
>>34399801
I just bought a pd35tac, it's nice and it's bright denna bitch. It's more for edc though so you won't be able to beat someone's face in with it
>>
File: IMG_1823.jpg (62KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1823.jpg
62KB, 1000x750px
>>34399801
Some good brands:

Olight
Foursevens
Nitecore
Fenix
Nextorch

If you're budget is really tight, you can get one of those Chinese lights from sites like Dealextreme and Banggood. I've got a Romisen light that I've had for at least 6 years (probably closer to 10) and it's still going strong.

If you've got a Maglite, they sell LED drop-ins to turn them into much more effective lights (while still letting to you club somebody).
>>
>>34400511

>they sell LED drop-ins

Fascinating! I have an old 4 D cell niggerknocker from the 80s or 90s that I keep around the house
>>
>>34401983
If you're getting an LED drop-in, it's better to go third party since Maglite's LEDs are pretty behind the curve.

Terralux and Malkoff make nice LED drop ins.

If you want to go crazy, they also sell glassbreaker buttcaps and crenelated attack bezels if you want to go full tacticool. Of course, you could buy a better light for that money, but it won't be a flash light mace like a tricked Maglite would be.
>>
Copfag here, I go with Fenix and Nitecore. Currently running a Nitecore srt6 and srt3 as a lapel light.

Nitecore has the ones where you have infinite adjustment to adapt to ant situation. Don't buy into the meme that flashlights should only have one setting (and that setting is usually BLIND EVERYTHING INCLUDING USER). Sometimes I want low lighting so I don't fuck my night vision.

Fenix makes good stuff on the cheaper end. Haven't had anything from either brand break yet (though the Nitecore likes to come unscrewed and won't turned on because it's not screwed in all the way but I think that's a holster issue from getting in and out of the car).

Don't buy into the expensive shit meme either. You're going to break stuff (if you actually use it a lot) and lose it. You're going to be pissed if you have to replace a $250 flashlight. Not so much with a $50-100 one. And ALWAYS have a backup or two, so it doesn't matter if your primary breaks.
>>
>>34400511
>Running XR-Es
>Current year
The pic looks like a shit light senpai
>>
>>34404085
It's just a random picture from Google senpai. Don't read too much into it.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 500x253px
>>34402762
I have a 4D with the terralux and can confirm its plenty bright. Want to switch my terralux to a 6D and add pic related along with glass breaker and attack bezel but monies.
>>
>>34399801
just buy a carton of 30 gorillion lume $5 specials from meritline like my boss does.

Break it, lose it, have it stolen from jobsite. Who cares? There's 40 more in the box.
>>
Careful with Fenix. I bought three, apparently there's a difference in some tiny manufacturing in the switch between the three, one strobes, two don't, two broke within a couple months of use. Just a stupid switch problem that ruins an otherwise good setup.
>>
File: IMG_4855.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4855.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34399801
It's really a matter of budget and how large your are willing to carry. Also keep in mind that lunmen aren't everything.

If you want serious light, you need to get into lights that take 18650 batteries. A good capacity is 2600-3400 mah, higher the better, and good brands are Orbtonic (my go to), Olight, Nitecore, etc... anything using Japanese cells. Nitecore makes good chargers.

As for lights, lummens aren't everything, intensity is important to. Typically for pocket/belt carry you would want a 1x18650 light with a larger reflector. For example my one in pic related is an EagleTac G25C2. For this form factor I highly recommend the Armytek Predator, but the normal brand (Fenix, Thrunite, Olight, Nitecore, etc...) all make good ones.

But if you are just doing belt carry, you may consider a compact 3x18650 or 4x18650 lights. Like my Nitecore TM26 is 4,000 lummens and not much larger than a Coke Can, not to mention built in charging and all, the new ones are up to 6,000 lm. Fenix makes some good far throwing 3 led ones that are a bit larger. But be prepared for price shock.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.