[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about pump-action rifles? we are allowed to own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: post-193-0-12534700-1338779503.jpg (39KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
post-193-0-12534700-1338779503.jpg
39KB, 640x399px
How do you feel about pump-action rifles? we are allowed to own them in Australia, this is a Remington 7615 that has been kitted out with some quality gear.
>>
File: eotech.jpg (37KB, 460x199px) Image search: [Google]
eotech.jpg
37KB, 460x199px
Similar with obviously magpul etc.
>>
I would rather have a pump action shotgun. At least I can get 9 shots in a single trigger press using 00 buckshot.

I would sooner (?) take a pump action rifle over a manually operated cucked AR/AK that makes me have to come off the sights to cycle it.
>>
>>34395204
It's weird, kinda cool but ultimately a very sad sight, like Cali-ARs and other things.
>>34395214
This. Semi-auto shotty even better, they should usually be legal in fuckcountries too because skeet.
>>
Only pump action rifle I've ever fired was a old Remington. Accuracy was not the greatest, but maybe that gun was a lemon. As a burger, I'd prefer a magazine fed lever gun like the Savage 99 or a Browning BLR.
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (52KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.jpg
52KB, 640x378px
>>34395204
Kinda indifferent about them. I wpuld certainly rather have a pump than no rifle at all. I guess I can't really speak on it too much since I live in shitsylvania where we can own semi autos. I have seen videos of people getting off shots pretty fucking quick though.
>>
File: índice.jpg (4KB, 414x122px) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
4KB, 414x122px
>>34395204
how about a troy PAR much better than that shit
>>
>>34395214
>Semi-auto shotty
In Australia.

Sir, in Australia, if you have a suspicious looking spoon in your silverware drawer, you are legally obligated to report it to the police before it stabs someone. You aren't owning a fucking semi-auto anything.
>>
>>34395221
>This. Semi-auto shotty even better, they should usually be legal in fuckcountries too because skeet.

I'm the anon you replied, not even. On a timer, I was able to get 3 rounds of 00 buck on center of a USPSA target at 7 yards in under 2 seconds at low ready with a M590A1. In that short amount of time, I was able to deliver 27 pellets downrange with minimal training.

That was my second time shooting a shotgun ever.

Though I could absolutely see a bump in speed when using a quality semi auto such as the Beretta 1301 Tactical with plenty of practice and professional instruction.

This video with Steve Fisher does an excellent job in showing just how effective a shotgun can be.

https://youtu.be/er_pvyeuIp8?t=137
>>34395237
Is a pump action shotgun defined as semi automatic in Australia?
>>
>>34395248
I replied to the wrong post, sorry. I was referring to the semi-auto shotgun described in this post>>34395221
>>
>>34395248
>Is a pump action shotgun defined as semi automatic in Australia?
Oh god, I don't actually know, fucking probably; Jesus.
>>
>>34395278
Idk how Australia works but semi auto means one pull one bang, no action between each pull needed. A pump you obviously need to work the action before you can pull the trigger again
>>
>>34395376

LOADS - loads the ammunition directly or via magazine into the firearm

LOCKS - locks the bolt tight to the breech ready to fire

COCKS - cocks the firearm ready for firing

FIRES - discharges or shoots one round

UNLOCKS - unlocks the bolt from the breech face

EXTRACTS - removes the case (fired or unfired) from the chamber)

EJECTS - throws the case clear of the firearm
>>
>>34395391
Is this a joke towards how aussie fags view firearm function?
>>
>>34395230
B& in Ausland. Too spooky. AR lookalike rifles (straight-pulls or pumps) will not get past customs and basically need to be locally made to be bought here (like the WFA1).

>>34395248
>>34395278
Semi-auto shotguns cannot be owned by the average person, even with a gun licence. I shoot competitive skeet and am not allowed to have one unless I owned it prior to 1996 (good luck with that permit) or have a medical condition. Pump-action shotguns are the same category. We can have lever action, break action and bolt action shotguns.

>>34395376
Australia uses "self-Loading" as the term, and basically if recoil or gas pressure cycles ANY part of a firearm action, it is self loading. This gets a bit blurry and there are some exceptions.
But for example double action revolving rifles are not considered self-loading in Australia.
>>
>>34395482

I only own a 7600, just joined a pistol club though and did my Cat H safety course, so looking forward to buying my first pistol.
>>
>>34395528
Just did mine too, should be getting my first handgun next week. So much fucking waiting though.
>>
>>34395584

Lots of waiting and $. If you don't mind me asking, are you circumcised?
>>
>>34395204
I like lever action better
>>
Interesting if nothing else. Pump rifle better than no rifle..
>>
>>34395204
I think they're cucked and gay af
>>
Pump action rifles suck ass and filled a minuscule niche for people that just really liked pumps when they were a novel design. Now they exist to circumvent draconian firearms laws but suck so bad that people would rather just use bolt actions.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.