[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be broke kid from a broke family >always wanted to own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2157.png (811KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2157.png
811KB, 750x1334px
>be broke kid from a broke family
>always wanted to own guns
>talk about guns excessively over dinner
>gets told to shut up by mom and dad
>grandpa is a vietnam vet
>he takes me shooting in the woods semi regularly
>years later
>he's older now
>hairs gone
>thinner and weaker
>takes me to the basement
>opens a wooden drawer
>'its yours now kid. Its my father's'
>its an m1911 well maintained
>he tells me how it saved his fathers life in sicily
>months later
>grandpa is dead
>still a broke out of highschool kid
>job in gas station barely putting food on the table
>tfw feel completely inadequate to even hold the gun
>tfw previous generations were into some heroic shit, even my dad was a fireman
>tfw just a geeky broke kid that works in a gas station

How do i get out of this hole? Money is probably the biggest issue. If i had enough i could probably pay for university to get a better job. Is cryptocurrencies a good way of making money? I spent 200 bucks on ethereum and its grown since i did but i think i need more to actually make money.

I could also sell my grandads other guns but that would be shitty id rather just keep them.
>>
>>34394730
Cryptocurrencies are basically playing the stock market, which is basically gambling. Work hard, and spend as little as possible. Eat beans and rice. In your spare time, learn a trade. Plumbers make bank, so do HVAC techs. Make it your goal to pass that gun on to someone important one day.
>>
>>34394730
ditch all your ethereum before it crashes, shit is a rich man's game. consider joining the military, it makes college a lot more attainable.
>>
>>34394730
Get into a trade school. If you can't afford a college, the student debt isn't worth it, go be a welder- I hear it pays VERY well with little training.
Whatever you do, don't study a useless subject like linguistics.
>>
>>34394751
>>34394741
>>34394746

Not that I dont respect tradesmen, but im really not interested in learning one. I like books. I woudnt mind being say a teacher or a librarian. Boring I know but my passion is in literature, history and thinking
>>
>>34394730
Join the military, make your grandpappy proud anon
>>
>>34395090
well considering you weren't dealt a good hand in life, maybe you need to look past what you "want" to do. newsflash, even if you had the degree, those jobs don't pay very well. At this point, you need to weigh your pros and cons between doing something you want and a realistic way to make ends meet. military is only a short amount of time relatively speaking where you get paid and can get an education.
>>
File: 1498610077983.jpg (36KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498610077983.jpg
36KB, 223x349px
get in a good physical condition
join the military
go x18 mos
become operator

now your ancestors' souls have been fulfilled.
>>
It's not the beard on the outside that counts. It's the beard on the inside
>>
File: project.jpg (109KB, 519x532px) Image search: [Google]
project.jpg
109KB, 519x532px
>>34394730
WHAT THE FUCK I MADE THAT
>>
Your upbringing and circumstances do not have to determine your outcome OP, if theres something you want in life make a plan and go for it.
>>
>>34394730
Just keep trying. Don't give up. Your grandad would hate to see you lose hope, I don't even know the man but I know that. Don't sell your guns. Find a way into community college or something.
>>
>>34394730
Anon, there's always a way.
You obviously have internet.
Start doing research.
Scrape together some cash for things to sell.
Learn how to fix cars and shit in your spare time; I have a buddy who makes his money by being a delivery guy and doing basic car repair work.

And don't EVER get so desperate that you sell that 1911.
You'll only ever regret it.
>>
>>34395090
>how do i make myself better
>'well you could do something with your life'
>nah
You will never leave this hole anon. You will be there until you die penniless surrounded by your brothers kids because you never married and spent most of your life alone.

How the fuck are you going to be a teacher or anyone reputable in any of the fields you enjoy if you can't even commit to getting yourself a better education. Jesus.
>>
>>34395151

op look into this

you can learn some useful skills in military and make $$ after 20 years double dip that pension
>>
File: 1491873124183.jpg (864KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1491873124183.jpg
864KB, 1280x1707px
>>34396055

This.
>>
>>34394730
Sell your ethereum and put all of that money into PIVX. Its the most promising crypto currently out there.
>>
>>34394730

Join the military. I know it sucks anon, but think about your forefathers - taking on stuff that sucks in order to push through to better things is a sign of character. Consider joining the Navy, you might just end up with a hell of a lot of reading time on your hands. And when you're out you'll be able to go to school for whatever you want.
>>
>>34394730
I'm sure you can get the military to pay for your education.
Also, >>34395090
You are a dip shit. What you want, does not matter. What you feel, does not matter. There is only one way out of poverty, and it involves finding a set of skills that are in demand. SAY IT WITH ME: I WILL STUDY SOMETHING USEFUL.
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (1MB, 3236x2099px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0225.jpg
1MB, 3236x2099px
1.DO NOT SELL THAT FUCKING 1911

2.Join the military. If you are 20 it's the best time to join. I'm 26 and I really wish I joined but i have sciatica so it's kind of pointless now.

3.If not find a trade and for fucks sake study something useful.

I'm pretty broke myself. I have about 2 grand in my name, no car, a shitty apartment, and a dull as fuck retail job.

Right now I'm trying to become a full stack web developer and learn more about computers and technology in general. So i spend my free time (that I'm not wasting away watching dumb youtube videos and shopping for guns that is) learning PHP, Databases, and other tech related skills. Web dev is not a great career in itself as it can easily be outsourced to pajeets, but it will at least get my foot in the door. I'm the type of person who shows up on time every day and makes a good impression on employers, so if I can break out of retail hell and into tech hell I'll at least have some more money to spend on guns I want.

I spent my birthday money on an LCP II. Not the most responsible decision, but now I have something to pocket carry when I can't strap on my Glock 19.

I feel your pain somewhat. Guns are a really shitty hobby to have when you aren't rolling in dough.
>>
Post photos fag I don't care about your sob story; I just want to see the gun

Pics of said .45 with a timestamp or you are talking bullshit
>>
>>34395090

That's the wrong attitude. Trade jobs are secure and pay well, ideally you do well enough working at it for enough years to eventually open your own business where you don't have to do the physical work anymore

Having said that, if you like books and thinking, and not physical work, start buying books on computer programming and learn that shit. It's in demand and if you get with the right company after you learn enough programming languages you can make more than trade jobs. I know a handful of people my age (late 20s early 30s) who make more than me doing internet security type jobs.
>>
>>34395090
Turn your passion into making a better future for your kids and learn a trade due to the shitty hand you've been dealt. If you can do that you'll become interested in it. Less so because it's what you are into but moreso that it's your ticket out.
>>
>>34395090
Protip: there will always be jobs available to people who are willing to actually work. Plenty of jobs out there that pay decent enough for having little to no experience. You just have to show up on time, learn, and work hard.
>>
>>34395162
>>34396055
>>34396958
>>34396962
>>34396994

You guys act like getting a trade is easy, and that academics/number crunchers/litfags can't go anywhere. Guy already said he's interested in being a schoolteacher, that's a respectable job.

Not as well paid as trades, but more stable than a lot of them. Far less chance of getting injured, you're not riding the boom and bust of whatever sector you're in, and it might be something this guy is good at. If he doesn't enjoy doing HVAC or wiring houses, he'll probably suck at that stuff. Aptitude matters.
>>
Study a trade, you fuck.
>>
>>34397374
I know plenty of people who were teachers. Got pink slipped and never came back and had to go into other fields. Everyone is a teacher.
>>
>>34394730
Join the military my guy you wrote the answer out in your post. Even if you don't make it through basic, you'll have tried.

>>34395090
Lurk on /lit/ for a year. Try to write a book. But tbhwy this answer tells me a lot. It says you want to work at a gas station. Like it or not, trade school IS A TRADE. It is useful, specialized knowledge that you apply in skills that people will pay you for.

You can always read a book and advance your craft as a writer on your own. Lots of writers have done it.
>>
>>34397434
Also, adding onto this: get a fucking safety deposit box my dude. You don't want that treasure pistol walking off by itself. If you do go mil, you won't be able to keep it in the barracks.
>>
>>34397434
How do people not make it through basic? I've seen some unfit fucks make it through, and that's because they never gave up. It's hard to fail basic unless you really don't want to be there.
>>
>>34397460
Half of my class failed. We were training outdoors from November through January. People got permanently injured, recycled for fitness or discipline failure, or just plain didn't want to deal with being cold and tired and hungry all the time. Towards the end of the course 1SG pulled us out of our sleeping bags at 0200 into the freezing cold and sprayed us with a water hose while we did flutter kicks in our PTs. People want to go back to the house.

t. 2008 trainee
>>
>>34394730
>>its an m1911 well maintained
What sized barrel?

I'm not the type of person to give financial advice. You got any photos of your gat?
>>
>>34394730
If you like reading and writing why don't you do online transcription work to help pay for college. Just make sure you go into a decent field or don't even bother.
>>
Good news. You've figured out you're going nowhere fairly early. Bad news it's going to take effort on your part to get out of it. Being lazy and complacent is what got you here.

Get in shape. Either bust your ass in the military. Or bust your ass in a trades school. Both aren't silver bullets. Sink a few years in either at least you won't be dead-end kid with nothing. Do a good job in either and you'll come out decent.
>>
>>34394730
if you're looking for little ways to make money learn how to play the stock market

you'll lose and win, its like gambling so don't depend on it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.