[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had an idea for an online store /k/ As a former New Yorker,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: out.jpg (49KB, 558x424px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
49KB, 558x424px
I had an idea for an online store /k/

As a former New Yorker, I know the pain of trying to avoid the bullshit laws there. Tons of sites refuse to ship anything to us period and almost all sites will honor the state's bullshit laws about magazine capacities and no ammo shipping.

What if I were to make an online store that specifically catered to NY, CA, MA, etc with the sole purpose being to sell any ammo, mags or other banned items to these states at a fair price. Rather than having to jump through hoops buying bullshit marked up "rebuild kits" and having to buy ridiculous ammo from the store I could just sell and ship banned stuff to anti freedom states.

As far as I know I wouldn't be able to be prosecuted because unless you're operating out of a state that disallows these items (I live in Florida) there would be no way for the states I ship to to prosecute me unless I got caught physically within the state.

To avoid legal trouble just put a mandatory contract you have to accept at the end of the order process saying "I know that I may be accepting items disallowed by my state, if I am caught I will not hold kommandoliberationLLC accountable".

This is my second time trying this thread, I couldn't get any real responses out of the first one aside from people claiming that I would get fucked up interstate commerce laws. I couldn't find anything about ICC or ICA enforcing people not breaking other state's laws. Can anyone explain that to me?
>>
You probably didn't get many replies because k isn't a board dedicated to arguing semantics and implications of inter state trade law.
Why do you think every other company doesn't do this if there are no consequences?
>>
you dug your grave now lie in it
>>
>>34378276
good luck paying the various taxes in every county of NY.
>>
>>34378276
Have fun navigating county-by-county NY State gun legislation, as well as the other shit states. Unless you're physically residing in each state already you're not going to be able to ship TO them from outside.

Starting a company specifically for this doesn't magically exempt you from the pre-existing laws. It just makes you an idiot.
>>
>>34378276
>To avoid legal trouble just put a mandatory contract you have to accept at the end of the order process saying "I know that I may be accepting items disallowed by my state, if I am caught I will not hold kommandoliberationLLC accountable".
I wanted to kill myself but the laughter this provided for me has cured my depression.
>>
>>34378276
Just sell disassembled magazines, for one. Ammo is legal to ship to NY addresses, for another. Lastly, most people in occupied NY just build their own ARs anyway.
>>34378330
Did not apply to online transactions.
>>34378347
The only county-by county thing is pistol permits.
>>
>>34378330
Online retailers don't have to pay tax to states they're shipping to

>>34378347
Did you read the OP? The whole point of this is to reside outside these states and mag money shipping to them. My question lies in that while I know I'm breaking state laws, is there any way I could be prosecuted since I reside outside that state?

>>34378352
The idea is to exempt myself from lawsuits if anyone gets busted receiving from me and tries to take it out on me for selling to them
>>
>>34378388
>The idea is to exempt myself from lawsuits if anyone gets busted receiving from me and tries to take it out on me for selling to them
That's not gonna hold up, buddy.
>>
>>34378369
>Just sell disassembled magazines, for one. Ammo is legal to ship to NY addresses, for another. Lastly, most people in occupied NY just build their own ARs anyway.

Not looking to sell any form of firearms, no one would be able to receive them through their FFL. Looking just to sell mags and ammo, the disassembled mags that very few sites sell are usually a very small variety and are extremely overpriced for what amounts to Warehouse Bubba sticking a pen in the bottom and pulling the baseplate off.

Also no, you can't ship ammo to anyone who doesn't have an FFL or an ammo license. When I lived in NY I only knew of one site that would ship there because the SAFE act says its illegal.
>>
>I have never heard of the Commerce Clause, the post.

Seriously, under a libshit government, you'd be the reason that'd be banned country-wide.

United States V /k/ommandoliberation, LLC

I can see it now
>>
>>34378388
People have tried this and gotten sued by butt blasted governments, regardless of disclaimer. Your idea is shit.

https://www.sfcityattorney.org/2017/02/09/herrera-sues-gun-suppliers-flouting-state-law-high-capacity-ammo-repair-kits/
>>
>>34378391
If written out in real legalese it should. Same way you can't sue a car manufacturer if your loved one is killed by someone driving one of their cars irresponsibly.
>>
>>34378421
Except I can sue a manufacturer for selling me a car that doesn't conform to the emissions standards of my state. More importantly, the government can.
>>
>>34378413
Can you explain the Commerce Clause to me then? No one seems to be able to, thats why I made this new thread.
>>
>>34378406
The SAFE Act requires a background check be run though a system that was never funded and does not exist.

Shipping ammo to NY addresses is legal, and will be until that mechanism is created.
>>
>>34378455
Here you go, straight from Wikipedia

"The Act requires ammunition dealers to conduct background checks (similar to those for gun buyers) for purchases, and bans on direct Internet sales of ammunition.[14][15] (Under the Act, online sales to New Yorkers are still legal, but the buyer must go through a licensed dealer in the state and pick up the ammunition in person)."

So yes, you can ship to NY addresses....of ammo dealers. So no, you can't just ship to NY residents
>>
>>34378276
Idea is great for helping the /k/omrades stuck behind enemy lines.

The issue is, you are helping (and with that little check box you have knowingly) someone break their state laws. They may be able to fine your company and you depending on how you organize the company for this. These fines would cross state borders and since this is an issue crossing state borders, the federal government has to get involved.

Even should you avoid that, you will still have to obey any warrants for information that the originating state issues. All it takes is one warrant and any of your NY customers will have police showing up and arresting them for violation of the NY SAFE Act.

If you wanted to start an online store that sold easily convertible magazines (looking at hexmags) and mag kits at a reasonable price for those stuck behind enemy lines, that gives both you and your customers the reasonable doubt you need to survive in court. That is the reason why companies do it that way. Your other option is to open a storefront business in free states across the borders of unfree states, that way you can sell whatever you want, they just have to sign a form stating that this product is not illegal to own in their state of residence (similar to fireworks).
>>
>>34378472
Keep reading, my man. Seriously. Search the page for the word "memorandum" if your are on a time crunch.
>>
>>34378418
This is silly, it's not against federal law, and its business conducted across state lines which means it's totally a federal issue... Get fucked California and take your stupid gas cans with you...
>>
>>34378428
Article I, Section 8, Clause 3 of the US Constitution: That Congress shall have the power "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."

The government has taken the Commerce Clause and ran with it - arguing that everything could potentially fall under the commerce clause.

Important case:
>Gonzales v. Raich
Basically a couple of old ladies wanted to grow their own medical marijuana in Caifornia. People got mad, brought it to the courts.
>Ruling:
That even medical marijuana, grown for personal use, could /technically/ make it into the hands of someone who /theoretically/ could be traded across state lines, thus affecting interstate commmerce. Which means that medical marijuana cannot be homegrown.

In the history of the US, nothing going against "the Commerce Clause" has won, with the exception of a few really minor cases (Lopez V US, argument was "bringing a gun to school affects interstate commerce).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commerce_Clause
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/commerce_clause
>>
>>34378488
It says it suspended the "ammunition portions" due to "inadequate technology" meaning they never instituted the ammo background checks.

Look, I lived in that state for 18 years, I can tell you as I fact I found all of one site that will ship there. Even if it is technically legal to ship there, absolutely no one will do it, essentially a defacto ban.
>>
>>34378549
I live here now. I am stating the legality and trying to counteract the inaccurate information that people spread. I am not arguing the behavior of companies. My experiences are similar to your own with online retailers. There is a California shop that ships here called Island View Enterprises that supplies most of my plinker ammo, for example.
I like where your heart is. I do smuggling runs to northern PA to get mags for my friends up here. I don't do ammo, but I try to make sure people know to look. I have helped people build ARs, but that is not as big a deal, as anyone can get the parts.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.