[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for k kommandos. I'm getting my second AR 15 a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 300-aac-blackout-vs-223.jpg (30KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
300-aac-blackout-vs-223.jpg
30KB, 600x398px
Question for k kommandos. I'm getting my second AR 15 and first suppressor and I'm looking into 300 blackout for the first time. I want the exact same pistol setup in the military arms channel video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eol8fvMfENc

Whats the best kind of 300 blackout subsonic ammunition to use for home defense, quietness, and reliability? Are the larger grain bullets the quietest? But how reliable are the heavier rounds in ar15 magazines, pmag drum mags etc... So I want the quietest but also most reliable in regular and high cap magazines...
>>
>>34377494
That's actually a really good question. You're probably going to have to jump into a dedicated forum for that, there aren't many .300BO guys around here right now.

Also
>lrn2reload
>>
Most of the projectiles look like they suck because they are made to handle 300 win mag velocity. 300 subs really need a bonded pistol bullet design and there are like 2 companies that do that and they aren't cheap...
>>
Any 300BLK load with TAC-TX bullets should be fine. Subsonic is only good for suppressed shooting, since the ballistics are equivalent to .45 ACP. I keep my pistol loaded with Barnes 110gr in transluscent Lancer mags. I am paranoid about getting my .223 and blackout ammo confused. Any mag should be fine for your uses.
>>
>>34377952
>Equivalent to .45 ACP
Got a sauce for that? I'm new to .300 BLK as well
>>
File: 20161014_173633.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_173633.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>34377973
Equivalent mass and velocity with smaller frontal area. I really don't like shooting supers out of my 10"pistol because they are super blasty even with a flash can. Also they shoot giant fireballs... Right now I'm going with 208gr hornady bthp loaded up to 1400fps since I don't have a suppressor. Lots of energy and quite a bit less concussive. I don't know if they will ice pick through a target though.
>>
subsonic .300blk is a total meme. its hard to make a gun thats reliable with both subs and supers. inside of 30 meters .45acp is ballistically advantageous, if only slightly, over .300blk subsonic.
>>
>>34378013
> squirrel daddy

I can't stand that one. I upgraded to the model that replaces the vice clamp
>>
>>34378168
Do you have evidence to support this claim
>>
>>34377880
What are the good forums to ask shit like this on?
>>
>>34379790
pic unrelated
>>
>>34377494
> how reliable are the heavier rounds in ar15 magazines, pmag drum mags etc...
not very. many larger rounds have an ogive which will interfere with the guide rib in just about every magazine, including PMAG gen M3s. You can usually only fit in 5 or 6 rounds before they start binding or bulging the magazine. Some people have taken to sanding down the guide ribs, I've simply stuck to shooting supers. However, I have this trouble when loading plinking loads with cheap Speer TNTs. I have to load rounds with a COAL short enough to fit in my magazines. The point where the ogive diameter gets larger than .25" has to be behind the rib.

Store bought rounds often have 300 BLK specific bullets loaded to deal with the ogive issue. The closest thing I can find in bullets for reloading are Sierra Matchkings, but they much more expensive than Speer TNTs. Ammo availability for me has been hit or mostly miss. I can find it, but it's always in differing weights so my POI is affected. I can also find plenty online, but I'm not spending $1+/rd. and even 80ยข is a bit much. I have thus far reloaded all the 300 BLK ammo I shoot. Hexmag's newer magazines are good for my reloads, due to the thinner/more forward guide rib. Magpul is supposed to have released a PMAG specifically for 300 BLK and I am eager to get my hands on them, but AFIAK it is still vaporware at them moment.

>>34379790
> google is your friend
there are several around, and many of your questions may have already been answered. You can also look to youtube, if they haven't yet banned gun videos.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.