[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to weaponise a soda can cannon? Would it be s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
Is it possible to weaponise a soda can cannon? Would it be safe to fire impact-detonated grenades from this thing? I mean a soda can sized grenade would pack a huge punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HihYF9JDoJo
>>
>>34373993
Nice try ATF

You can't shoot my GFs puppers.
>>
File: atf_rare.jpg (33KB, 465x358px) Image search: [Google]
atf_rare.jpg
33KB, 465x358px
>>
What makes a can launcher legal, the fact that it's a smoothbore?
What makes the projectiles themselves not DDs?

At what point between can launcher and 105mm tank gun does a smooth bore firing a non-explosive round become illegal for me to own?
>>
>>34374236
If it's not a weapon it's not a DD
>>
>>34374236
when you /k/ the fuck out of it and pack the beer cans with lighter fluid, gunpowder, or whatever flammable shit you can find lying around.
>>
>>34374236
>105mm
You probably mean 115/120/125mm, the 105s are rifled.
>>
Flare launcher with firework rounds will disperse some gooks. Totally legal too
>>
>>34374236
Oh I just looked it up, I don't know how a can launcher isn't a DD as it obviously meets the requirement of the law in that it could be "readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter..."
Has the ATF released a statement on these?
>>
>>34373993
Better Idea: fill it with rolled up job applications
>>
>>34374312
The company had to redesign a little to avoid SBR classification. (They replaced the units in question, too.). Current model can cannons are blank firing upper assemblies compatible with AR-15 lower receivers. They poonk tennis balls man, don't think too much about it.
>>
>>34374678
But according to the law a thing which plonks tennis balls by explosive or other propellant is a DD and subject to regulation as such. They must have gotten a specific exemption.
>>
>>34374690
I guess they're probably fitting it into the "neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon", even though little old me would consider that to be pretty contradictory to the verbiage of "may be readily converted to, expel a projectile".
>>
>>34374690
Shit nigga I'm not a lawyer or whatever. Pretty sure the ATF letter is on the store page for the can cannon. I dunno, maybe because it uses the gas pressure from the blanks and only works with objects under a certain weight. Seems like a fun way to lose some tennis balls innawoods or maybe use fruit for riot control.
>>
>>34373993
It's doesn't cost much to become a manufacturer of DDs, so if you have some time and enthusiasm for the project drop $200 bucks on a prototype's tax stamp and go for it. Send the BATFE a letter of intent to use the can cannon though as your interim launcher.

Bonus points if you develop an easy-to-use attachment for existing grenades that allows them to be launched from any M4. Bring back the rifle grenade, anon.
>>
>>34373993
not sure about explosives, but if you cut the top of a can and fold it inwards to create a lip to it, you could put metal bearings in there and put something over the top so it doesnt spill.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.