[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I'm curious. Hypothetically what would happen if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1497841069074.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497841069074.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Okay so I'm curious.

Hypothetically what would happen if I take my mosin nagant and bring my spam can of ammo and managed to not get ammo steel tested and just start loading up and shooting my ammo in the range?

So what would happen to me if I where to hypothetically do this and would I get a permanent boot out of the range or a warning?
>>
File: 1496738510475.jpg (37KB, 697x690px) Image search: [Google]
1496738510475.jpg
37KB, 697x690px
>>34368635
Anon... what are you planning to do?
>>
>>34368635
such a rebel. find a better range.
as far as what will happen to you, i guess it depends on the RO
>>
>>34368635
Make sure to draw a shape of a dick at the far back of the firing range with those steel rounds that way we will know you have been there considering surplus rounds can leave a mark at the end of the range.
>>
File: 1496218388302.jpg (59KB, 714x759px) Image search: [Google]
1496218388302.jpg
59KB, 714x759px
>>34368635
Dude no pls
>>
>>34368635
Imagine the muzzleflash
>>
>>34368635
I'm curious as well
>>
>>34368635
what the fuck is getting ammo steel tested? I do this all the time OP, what the fuck kind of hoops do you have to jump through just to shoot?!
>>
>>34368762
They take a magnet and take your ammo and hold it up to the magnet and if it holds then it is not allowed to be used in the range.
>>
>>34368785
must be a northern state
>>
>>34368762
some indoor ranges dont allow steel core ammo (or steel cased ammo). their backstop either cant handle the steel core or its a fire hazard.
sometimes they dont allow steel cased ammo bc they cant resell or reuse it
>>
>>34368798
My local indoor ranges in ga do this
>>
>>34368635
I've shot steel at a "brass only" range, and as long as you're not a total dick bag about it and pick it up to throw away the steel, the RSO usually doesn't care.

Just don't sweep it in to the brass catcher, make sure you get all your casings, or better yet if you have something like an AR, use a mesh brass catch.
>>
I wish I can shoot surplus out of a mosin nagant without worrying about having to clean everysinglething in the rifle and the trigger parts and everything and not have to worry about instant corrosion.
>>
>>34368809
Oh well yeah, Why would you shoot a mosin indoors though?
>>
>>34368864
There aren't any outdoor ranges around near outside of Fayetteville in Arkansas and you can't go out to the woods and shoot your guns because that is illegal and you need to have a permission with the owner of the land.
>>
>>34368883
thats so fucked, my sympathies friend. There should be government funded public ranges in my opinion. I heard PA has them.
>>
>>34368902
We do, they suck. I go to membership only ranges because of that.
>>
>>34368883
Holy shit what the fuck Arkansas???
>>
>>34368801

>their backstop either cant handle the steel core

This is what they tell you.

>its a fire hazard.
>they cant resell or reuse it

These are the real reasons.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.