[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly doe, how are we supposed to stop psychos from flipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4529.jpg (886KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4529.jpg
886KB, 1920x1200px
Honestly doe, how are we supposed to stop psychos from flipping out and dumping mags into crowds without enacting laws?

>inb4 take this to /pol/
You can't separate politics from guns because the very idea guns is political in nature
>>
>>34364502
You can't.
PART AND PARCEL
A
R
T

A
N
D

P
A
R
C
E
L
>>
>>34364502
The law isn't gonna stop someone, only clean up the mess, if even then.
>>
>>34364502

Take it from someone who thoroughly considers these issues: it happens far, far less than it could. It's actually quite amazing when you think about it.
>>
File: kisnotforpolitical.png (226KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kisnotforpolitical.png
226KB, 500x1200px
(You) have to go back
>>
>>34364652
God damn, for real though on that image.
>>
>>34364652
/thread
/OP's life
>>
Yuropoors get run over by trucks, blown up, shot with smuggled machine guns, or stabbed.
>>
Put someone arned, trained, and alert in the crowd.

Also bring back institutions.
>>
File: 1497464104655.jpg (98KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1497464104655.jpg
98KB, 640x624px
>doe

kys
>>
>>34364716
It's sad that /pol/ has became an eminent example of Poe's Law.
>>
If we arm enough christians with automatic ars they will dump enough mags into the muzzy terrorists that there arent enough terrorists left to dump mags into ppl that matter.
>>
Arm everyone so anyone can take out the shooter.
>>
>>34364502
>how are we supposed to stop psychos from flipping out and dumping mags into crowds without enacting laws?

Like those psychos will really obey your laws. Just like people never drink and drive, because it's illegal, right?
>>
>>34364502
>how are we supposed to stop psychos from flipping out

You can't. You never could. Before 24 hour national news and the internet you'd get niggas building murder castles and wiping out 20 or 30 people before anyone caught on and arrested them.

We used to throw loonies into asylums but someone decided to up the failure quota and let them walk the streets instead. Because trusting the criminally insane to not do criminally insane shit is clearly the humane thing to do, and if a few innocent sane people have to die along the way, well, that's just the price of progress.
>>
>>34364502
Violence is more of who we are than anything else. You will never succeed in removing violence from man, including mass violence from the disaffected or insane. Laws must fit the natural course of human behavior, or they are doomed to failure in their purpose. Might as well legislate against people breathing or having eyesight.
>>
>>34364502
We could start by making murder and assault illegal.
>>
>>34364502
>Honestly doe, how are we supposed to stop anyone from driving a 2 ton vehicle into a crowd?
>>
Just arm everyone with a nugget
If someone tries to shoot you and do madman shooting just shoot him with the nugget
>>
>>34365777
Good stuff
>>
>>34364502
>I have written this scribbling down on paper and I declare it LAW!
>There, all murder is stopped.
>>
Why don't they just enact punishment for multipliers for using guns in crimes? Don't make automatic guns, SBRs, suppressors, SBSs, and so on illegal/restricted/licensed. Just dish out much more harsh punishments for those that do use them in crimes.

Criminals get punished, and law abiding citizens don't have their rights infringed.
>>
>>34364502
Your showing your bias by assuming a there is some sort of default relation between firearms and politics.
>>
>>34366763
Modern society tends to condemn the death penalty, and the death penalty did t stop anyone from committing murder before. If death or life imprisonment aren't severe enough, what would you propose? Because the only things I fear like death,and imprisonment, are torture, and equal punishment laws like in NK

Or are we talking about crimes that are committed like aggravated assault or robbery involving a firearm?
>>
>>34366763
the main caveat is that truly mentally deranged criminals generally have a shaky concept of time and benefit analysis.

making a 30 year sentence for something doesnt prevent them, because they literally fail to understand what that 30 years is.

Terrorists who want to go out in a blaze of glory care even less
>>
>>34364703
This is your answer. Start with the mental health facilities that were obliterated. Won't stop completely, nothing will, even your lame ass feel good koombaya utopia generating legislation.
tl;dr btfo to /pol/ shitstain
>>34365586
Religion is the cancer. Learn it. Know it. Live it.Profit.
>>
>>34366971
>Religion is the cancer.
you're conflating monotheistic religions with religion in general. sort yourself out. clean your room.
>>
>>34364502
You just need to impose some reasonable restrictions on Islam
>>
>>34365707
Why does this have no (you)s
>>
>>34366978
Oh, I'm good, buddy. ALL RELIGION PERIOD. Adults who believe in fairy tales are the cancer in need of sorting out.
>>
>>34367075
>nihilism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGaEcAeTiP0
>>
>>34364502
Arm everyone. You can't stop them, so at least have everyone shoot back.

It's an interesting political problem I've been trying to solve--how could a government encourage more of its citizens to carry, without any kind of coercion? Maybe subsidize cheap small firearms and concealment rigs? Offer free classes on handgun safety and concealment? I don't have any really good ideas.

See, the problem with lax gun laws is that they only work to stop shootings if many people actually use their rights and carry. It doesn't matter if you strip all the gun laws away, if all the people are cucks and don't carry, then mass shootings still happen easily. If you have lax gun laws, you need to have like 1 in 4 people on the street armed at any given time to really see crime go down.
>>
>>34364502

The real question is why doesnt this happen in 1st world countries.

Here in Austria you can own pretty much anything aslong as you go through the process of getting a license and a psycho test.

Why dont we have any sprees in Austria despite 300,000 licensed gun owners (doesnt include bolt action rifles and non pump shotguns)?

Why is it that the USA has a real spree problem?

Its because young men are disenfranchised and shat on everday. Not to mention the media attention and the American delusion that youre all part of a movie.
>>
>>34364502
There will always be psychos. There will always be criminals. Murder has, and always will exist.

The main reason people are more sensitive on the matter is because every shootout gets relayed by medias (mass media, social media) around the globe leading to hysteria. As a middle-aged Yuropoor I don't remember reading about shootings in the USA with only 2 or 3 deaths casualties 20 or 30 years ago. You only heard of the most extreme cases. The second reason is queers and women. You can explain things to them, use scientific arguements and statistics, they won't listen to you because of "muh feelings". It's absolutely impossible for them to understand that criminals don't care about laws, mag restrictions and stuff like this. They really think that laws will deter psychopaths.
>>
File: bait.jpg (22KB, 540x527px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
22KB, 540x527px
>>34364502
>>
>>34367094
Monthly stipend for carrying. If you ever interact with a police officer, and cannot produce your carry gun on request. Then you loose out on the stipend, and are unable to reapply for it until 6 months have passed.
>>
>>34367668
>hey tyrone! i just saw you throw something into those bushes over there when you saw me, care to explain what that was?
>by the way, do you have your gun on you? i sure hope so!
>>
>>34364502
The two big reasons we have this is
a. firearms are very easy to access in the US compared to most other states.
b. most of the people who do this are people who fall through the cracks in society, and american society has a lot more social cracks developing.

A lot of the more rigid social roles that used to be part and parcel of american society, both good ones and terrible ones, are gone now in ways most people don't really even understand. People are far more detached from their community than they used to be. Compounding this, the neoliberal economic reforms in the 70s allowed plundering of vast amounts of social wealth in get-rich-quick schemes that allowed big businesses / "the elite" to blow societal trust and stability for liquid cash which started a boom-bust cycle that we still see going on today. And then this was followed up by the outsourcing and automation of huge amounts of jobs in the US, annihilating careers and job security for millions of people, which hasn't helped the modern psyche of anyone.

It's the same thing as why there's so many people who feel lost and aimless in society. There's no "answer" to this that doesn't start with asking how we clean up a vast number of social and economic problems.
>>
A law isnt going to magically prevent a person who flips out, throws logic and thinking out the window, and magdumps into a crowd.
Unless you wish to enact laws that will affect people who have done nothing wrong. To which some people would love to counter with "...yet" and at that point, you're pretty much declaring someone guilty for the possibility of them commiting a crime. Does this sound stupid insane? Because that's exactly what it is.

Deal with the individual, maybe put more improvements into study of mental health and subsequent treatment vs. turning it into Political Correctness minefield.
>>
>>34364502
It's easy. Just make sure that people in the crowd are carrying their own weapons.

If you start looking at the various psychos who have gone on shooting sprees in the US, you'll discover that almost all of them had discussions of why they chose the specific location in their diaries/manifestos/scribbling on the wall.

The locations are always chosen because they are places that are known to be gun free zones. They know that in schools, malls, night clubs, and churches that ban guns, get this, THERE ARE NO GUNS, and so they can shoot more people without worrying about retaliation.

If a psycho knows that "Mall A" bans guns, and "Mall B" doesn't, which one do you think he's going to pick? Even if he chooses poorly, there's a chance that he'll get taken out before he can do too much damage. The chances of stopping him go up quite a bit if he decides to use a knife or vehicle, as is common in Europe.
>>

Because psychos will still fear the concealed carrying sheepdog shooting them from behind as they try to go grand theft auto.

> an armed society is a polite society.
> guns are an equalizer-no force disparity=no bullying

2/10 for making me reply. No you for you though
>>
>>34367075
N-n-n-no it's ALL religions that are violent! Not one more than the others!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170416-133253.png (316KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170416-133253.png
316KB, 1080x1920px
>>>/pol/
>>
Don't change gun laws but have Victorian era mental health laws in which anyone even in the slightest odd is carted off to an Asylum before being electrocuted and having bits of their brain drilled out.
>>
>>34367163
In Daughter-Bunker land you also prevent men from owning firearms who haven't done national service, same in Switzerstan.

We don't all live in homogeneous (though rapidly changing) ski resorts where street cleaners get paid $100,000 a year. Your license might work but it won't work in the USA.
>>
go back to /pol/ tard
>>
>>34364502
Like Vito said, these are just the punks. Theres always someone behind them. You have to get to them.
>>
>>34367668
Hmm. It would probably work but it would cost more tax dollars than I'd like.

I think a key part of the solution is breaking some of the stigma and fear non-gun-owners have about guns, but of course that's fuck hard to do with laws. Maybe require more schools, especially elementary schools, to have SROs that are in frequent contact with the kids.

Of course, mandatory firearms classes in school would do the job, but the public backlash against that would be tremendous and I think it would do more harm than good.

The only way to bring about the change is culturally, I think. If more cultural icons and people that were looked up to by young people were open about the fact that they carried, that would help break the stigma.

That gives me an idea. What if gun owners were to form a kind of fund. That fund would be managed by a small committee, who would selectively seek out the right kind of famous people, musicians and celebrities. Pick ones that aren't anti-gun, but aren't Ted Nugent level gun nuts either, and have a young, moderate following that's on the fence or not exposed to guns. Approach them with a bunch of money from this fund, and basically bribe them to make social media posts about being a gun owner. Not blatantly propaganda or anything, it would have to be subtle. Like a facebook post saying, "just got back from the range, had a great time" with a picture of a grouping on a target, or "been a bunch of robberies lately so I got a handgun to carry" with a picture of a basic bitch IWB holster. Posts that express gun ownership as something that normal, average people do.

so... if there happens to be anyone reading this that has a bunch of money or a voice in the NRA or something... you should totally propose this. I bet it would work wonders
>>
>>34365777
Trips of God himself.

Anon for 2021
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.