[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, can I get a little info, I come here first, usually,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: westlake.jpg (112KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
westlake.jpg
112KB, 1000x333px
hey guys, can I get a little info, I come here first, usually, bec. you guys know more than I do.

I found this, what looks a .22lr rifle in my house. It was a house I was renting out, my tenant has passed away, I've told his daughters to get his shit, they left all of it.

So anyway.

This Westlake air rifle, or what I could find out by googling. I dont get how it works. It breaks open at the barrel with just pressure, not button or lever. I do not know how to find ammunition for the rifle, if its even sold anymore, I do not know how to cock or pump the rifle, as I see no bolt, lever, or button.

any idea, what I can do with this besides chuck it in the garbage. The guys ex gf stole some of my things (house was partially furnished). I feel justified in keeping it now thats its been a few months and its all just sat there collecting dust.

what do with this? Any help is appreciated.

Pic related similar gun, have no phone at the moment to post a pic of actual gun.
>>
>>34364381
I have one of those. I thought it was just a plain .22 pellet rifle.
>>
>>34364381
goto /toy/
>>
>>34364381
It's a break barrel by the way. Take the barrel and break it down the middle at the hinge.
>>
>>34364399
yeah, but how does it fire, is the ammunition available, I cant move that threaded looking bolt thing at the back of the barrel, twisting it one way or the other, it doesnt move.

Has no lever, no button, i break it open, close it and the trigger is just loose
>>34364407
and, yeah thanks, I mean how much of your time did I really waste? I was just asking for help.

I have my own firearms, just wanted to know if this was a garbage toy or something useful. I could use a plinker, it has a rifled barrel, I thought it might be something to hold onto.

If I dont figure it out, its going in the trash can.

and thanks in advance for help, I know some of you are helpful
>>
>>34364381

It's not a .22 rifle. It's a Chinese-made airgun, fires pellets, not cartridges.

The barrel itself is the lever used to cock the spring. When you break the barrel downwards all the way, you'll see a little lever that goes under the barrel, this compresses the spring which builds air pressure to fire the pellet out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJzNNLM2hs
>>
>>34364381

That's a break-barrel pellet rifle. It takes .22 pellets, not .22lr rounds.

Do you see the system of levers that become engaged when you cock the barrel (Which is done by breaking the action open and pulling downward on the end of the barrel, bringing it closer towards the buttstock)? These compress a spring in the rounded, cylindrical section located behind the breech.

Then once it is finished cocking the spring will lock into place and you may close the barrel. When you pull the trigger, the spring pushes forward a piston, which compresses the air in front of it, forcing the pellet out.
>>
>>34364444
The cap at the end is just to hold the action from spilling out the back. There is no safety. To shoot just load the .22 Diablo pellet from behind into the barrel's breach. Have you thought about taking it apart and examining if anythings missing?
>>
>>34364420
yeah I figured that out, but i dont know how the damn thing works, what ammunition to use, or how it cocks/pumps/ etc. It has no lever, pump, or button and is only marked "westlake, made in china"

No caliber, etc. otherwise.
>>
>>34364444

You put a pellet in and pull the trigger, that's how it shoots. If nothing happens and whatever safety (if any) is off, it's broken.

.177 and .22 pellets can be gotten at basically any generic sporting goods store.
>>
>>34364475
So just take the barrel and bring it into the stock as far as you can. It'll cock the spring in the action. Ammo is definitely available. A huge variety in fact. Just look online or visit your local sporting goods store. .177 pellets are more popular but innacurate in your .22. Being that it has rifling it's superbly accurate. I reckon the front sight post is a surplus mosin sight post.
>>
>>34364449
>>34364457
>>34364472
oh shit, thanks

I just got it it was really stiff, but I cranked on the barrel, and it charged and fired, I have no .22 pellets, but it does work, I just figured it out.

Thanks, I'll see how this thing does.

By the way, since I cant fire it until I find pellets, will this thing knock a hole in a can? It has a rifled barrel, so I thought it was an actual center fire .22lr.

But yeah, I was being gentle with it. When I really pull hard down on the barrel it folds more, and charges.

Thanks guys I knew you would know.
>>
>>34364515

Watch the video I linked to, it blows up full soda cans like a champ. You can actually hunt rats and small shit like that with it, at least at close range.
>>
>>34364515
That pellet rifle is good enough to kill small animals. Cans are short work. Being that it was hard to cock back, that lets you know the spring is strong enough to launch a little pellet fast enough to do some damage. Just go to a sporting goods store, there should be .22 pellet ammo around. Yes it is accurate too. Sight picture is reminiscent of mosin nagant and sks.
>>
>>34364479
>>34364497
Got it, it was super stiff and I didnt realize the barrel could be pulled down more. It works. I'll see if I can find ammo but thanks again, in 5 minutes you guys answered my question.

Going to buy a pistol next month. Want a Walther PPS. Had an old Interarms PPKS but sold it when I was broke. Whats your opinion on that choice? I was debating that, or a Jericho/ baby eagle 9mm. Dont need to carry it, just want a new handgun. I like both, but only have experience with Walthers.
>>
>>34364552
I'm not a walther pp or ppk owner, I can't give you advice on that sorry.
>>
>>34364515
Oh and yeah I meant rimfire, just so you know

I'm not VERY retarded

But thanks again, I'll hang onto it and see how it does.
>>
>>34364589
Oh thats cool, just shooting the shit now with you guys. I've always liked Walthers, bec of 007 obviously and bec. PP if I'm not mistaken stands for Police Pistol.

I've always like police issue handguns, have a couple .32long revolvers bec. they were old police guns and I figure if its good enough for a policeman its a good enough gun. But those are old american S&W and colt revolvers. I want a new semi auto. And would like a 9mm. Have owned a couple, always sold or traded.

I regret it like hell but I aint got a time machine so oh well. I was broke anyway, and guns are replaceable.

I went out shooting with an old Breda Brescia .20ga the other day. Its the only gun I'm sentimental about. I shoot clay pidgeons. Any of you skeet shoot?
>>
>>34364702
Polizei Pistole. Ppk is Polizei Pistole Kriminal. Or detective pistol. I don't own a ppk but i love all blowback pistols based off it's design. Especially the p64.
>>
>>34364515
>it charged and fired, I have no .22 pellets
Well, you might have fucked it up now. Dry firing a spring air rifle can damage the piston seal.
>>
>>34365089
Once or twice won't do shit- most break-barrel air rifles are very robust.
>>
>>34365089
oh, well I knew that about firing pins, but ok. I just tested it once. Am gonna leave it alone until I can get pellets for it.

So I have another question. This shit has been collecting dust.

Theres like 4-5 hundred rounds of 12 guage ammo that belonged to my now deceased tenant sitting out there. Like boxes of it.

I have no 12 guage. Is it possible, to sell or trade it? I have to replace a couple tools that were stolen by his crackwhore ex girlfriend.

What can I do with this? I may bring it to the police station for one of those "shop with a cop" Guns for kids toys, police officers buy kids christmas presents kind of thing. I'll chuck the shit, but theres nothing wrong with it, and, I cant do shit with it. Dont have a 12ga...

What would YOU do... in this situation.
>>
>>34365561
RIP ANNON
>>
>>34365561
nigga how did i spell anon so badly (aka, don't stay up until 1 in the morning)
>>
>>34365607
>>34365614
what?

What is this board not ok with a nude pic? only used it for a bump.

Is it a problem I possess that much ammo? Cus this is South USA... and I dont even want the shit. It was left in a house I own but do not live in by a dead guy.
>>
>>34365636
The board lay-out is all blue, which means it's a blue board. Blue boards are relatively a SFW environment, which means no tits, dicks, and other shit that would generally get you fired.

>inb4 spoonfeeding

also, lurk more
>>
>>34364407
Airguns are /k/ you triple nigger
>>
>>34365675
OH ok, i just tried to delete it, it says I cant, I usually just lurk in other boards

I do apologize, for any little offense, you guys have helped me before.

Now, this doesnt pop up when you get in here, and I only come here for weapon related questions... so not often.

Also, if a pic, a stranger posted, that has nudity, and you are at work, and get fired for that but NOT for the fact you're wasting time here...

now this is just me, but I think thats just very slightly ridiculous. and no man would actually care unless you were wasting their company time here.

And I dont think any of these boards are a place for children, honestly I dont think the internet is much of a place for people with sensitive feelings or for children period. But I grew up without it, I still own an entire set of encyclopedias.

Now thats just me.

I cant figure out how to delete the pic. i just thought it would raise awareness to my question... turn some heads basically.

I will just let this thread die, and we can all part ways or mods can delete if they care...

You guys have always been good to me. Well usually. Well, always, somebody, is good, but you have to sift though the bull.
>>
Oh and no shit guys, You're the best. This is gonna be my last post, just saying, thanks again.

And the question about the 12guage ammo, I'm probably just gonna toss it, it take up room, I cant use it, and I dont have a buddy that owns a 12ga.

But really thanks anyway, hell if it werent for you I wouldn't have figured out that air rifle, but in like 5 minutes you guys told me.

Good bros, I'm gonna just go pass out now.
>>
>>34365999
Escape while you can, prolonged exposure to 4chan is bad for your psyche.
>>
>>34364381
Realistically speaking how much would it costs me to fully restore one since spring broke and has some minor damages
inb4 buy another one
It's an old gift from my grandpa
>>
>>34364497
>.177 pellets are more popular but innacurate in your .22
by 'inaccurate' do you mean that the pellet will just fall out of the barrel of a .22? Cos it will.

If it's a .22 it needs .22 (shocker).
>>
>>34364515
If it's working at it's intended power then yeah, it'll shoot through a can, and 'should' kill small vermin, like rats, rabbits, pigeon, etc.
>>
>>34365089
Very unlikely in all but the odd, fragile rifle.
>>
>>34366603
Not OP, but anyway..

What sort of gun is it? Spring replacements are relatively easy, just got to make sure it's done right.

If the stock is damaged then you can refurb it at home with minimal tools
>>
>>34366811
Exactly the sames as OP's pic also i would rather take it to someone with a knowhow as to not damage it further. Most damage seems to be on the wood but i should be able to fix that with a glur made for wood.
>>
>>34364515
I have an old .177 pellet pistol. Blows holes right through stuff. It's best if you put cap gun caps in the breech and load tin balls or toothpicks like you would a blunderbuss. Really adds to the punch
>>
>>34364776
The K was for Kurz. As in short. The ppk had a shorter frame than the PP
>>
>>34364381
took me 20 seconds on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLpdHlwx4K8
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.