[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried out my buddies G17 the other day through about 150 rounds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Glock17.jpg (323KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
Glock17.jpg
323KB, 1000x664px
Tried out my buddies G17 the other day through about 150 rounds. I have been debating a Glock but after shooting it I couldn't get accustomed to the bland grip design or the wildly poking out making release. Should I have another Glock a-go-around before I dump the whole brand?
>>
>>34363732
I would. Not a big fan of Glock myself but I do know there are aftermarket frames that get rid of that horrid hump.
>>
Glocks are like nissans. They work just fine, but they have nothing super special going for them either. I just think they are boring.
>>
No don't bother.
>>
>>34363759
pretty much this
to me glocks have always been the honda civic of pistol design
they get the job done and work reliably but that's about it
>>
If you don't like it, then try one of the other striker-fired polymer pistols out there (VK9, P320, APX, PPQ) and see if you like them more, and I say this as a Glockfag.
>>
>>34363811
Dubs of truth.

Strange to see a humble Glock fan on here.
>>
I'd at least try the 19 before writing them off. I shot about 300 rounds through a 17 and another 100 through my friends glock 34 and thought I hated glockenspiel. Then I rented a 19 at a range end ended up buying one. An NY trigger spring and some talon grips fixed pretty much all my gripes with it and it's both my carry gun and my main training gun. The size of the 19 is so perfect in that it's small enough to carry but big enough to train with. That being said I don't think I'll buy another glock unless i really want 10mm. When it comes to full sized pistols there are so many better options out there in terms of ergonomics. That being said having a mediocre but reliable gun like a glock will make you a better shooter as it will force you to work on your grip.
>>
>>34363732
dremel it dummy
and g19 is better even though I like the 17 more
>>
I bought a gen 3 glock 19 as my first pistol and its been reliable. I trained on it and although it has shitty sights and like u said a bland grip, I can shoot really well with it. I later bought a P99 and the first time I racked the slide with a hollow point it jammed because the bullet didnt even fit the chamber. Needless to say the walther is really fun to shoot but I think I will always keep my g19 just because I know i can abuse the fuck out of it and its not a very expensive gun
>>
I'm partial to the 17, 19 and 22 and not much else. So I'd try a couple others just to make sure. I'm weird about pistols though, so take from that what you will.
>>
>>34363811
I already own a PPQ and I love it.

The striker-fired world raves about Glocks and I thought id give it a try.

Some of my buddies say they are great and then some want an all metal gun and shy away from anything polymer. I'm in the middle and just can't wrap any understanding around the Glock world.
>>
>>34364118

T.BH if you have one striker-fired pistol, you've basically got all of them. I have a Glock, and the only other striker-fired I care about is the Glock 40 because I want some 10mm goodness with a long slide. The others are too similar to the 17 I already have to care about.
>>
>>34364188
Not so sure. I mean in terms of firing yes they are all about the same but not everyone's first striker is always best for them. Everyone should explore.
>>
File: Liberals.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Liberals.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>34363732
If the wildly poking out making release bothers you that much get something else. The Glock is a great gun but there's a bazillion other choices.
>>
>>34364464
I saved whatever you posted but what is it from?
>>
I dont fucking like the Sig320, I prefer a Glock trigger.

I dont fucking like a glock trigger, I prefer FN.

Full size of choice for me is squishy squishy, FNX45.

sue me bro
>>
>>34365110
>FNX45
>not mk23

get out faglet
>>
>>34363759
>nissans
Nigger, Toyota. They are rather boring but I do sometimes enjoy the minimalist look to it.
>>
Glocks are weird.

The last Glock I shot I kept hitting the mag release every time. It looked really funny but it was irritating because I haven't shot any other gun that had as much emphasis on reloading as that one.
>>
>>34364188
You must stones for fingers because glocks, P320s, CZ P10C and even XDs have different feeling triggers and ergos.
>>
>>34364464

Holy fuck, what kind of eldritch horror is that?
>>
>>34363732

How was your grouping? I know quite a few people who don't like the way Glocks feel, but they have tight grouping which is what matters. Plus frames matter because I can't shoot a G19 well, but I can shoot the 17 and 26 fine.

Really the reason to go with a Glock 17/19 is to have an extremely easy pistol to work on, and is the closest thing to a "universal" pistol in regards to support.
>>
>>34363732
Nope. Move on and ahead. Try a beretta.
>>
>>34363759

Oh boy, another weightless car analogy
>>
>>34363811
>don't like this gun
>just try all these ripoffs that are just like it
Fucking retards on this board.
>>
>>34363823
Not him, but we aren't all blind loyalists. I used to carry a Glock 17, now I'm working on getting a CZ SP-01. Just a better over all gun.
>>
>>34363732

It's a great gun but you have a reason to support the market elsewhere if you genuinely didn't care for the feel. I love glocks, look for something else you like OP.
>>
File: IMG_7831.jpg (20KB, 204x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7831.jpg
20KB, 204x203px
>>34367585
>>don't like this gun
>>just try all these ripoffs that are just like it
>Fucking retards on this board.
yeah, (You).
>>
>>34363732

Then don't get a glock. There is absolutely zero reason to compromise on a gun purchase in the year 2017 when an assload of companies are producing an bunch of different guns.
>>
>>34363732
Try a Berreta PX4. It is totally different and a lot of people prefer a DA/SA handgun. (Including me)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.