[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my obsession with guns? I've been a gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1485825929102.png (936KB, 884x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1485825929102.png
936KB, 884x1174px
How do I get over my obsession with guns? I've been a gun owner for about a year now and all I ever think about is which gun I'm going to get next, how well I'm shooting and how I can upgrade my current guns and what accessories I'm missing.

I guess it could be worse. I'm not obsessed with tacticool self defense classes, tactics or violence or anything. I just like the mechanical aspects of them for the most part. But I am spending a lot of money that I perhaps would be better off saving. and I spend WAY too much time on youtube watching gun reviews when I should be applying for better jobs so I can afford more guns.

I just want it to be a normal part of my life and not an obsession like it currently is.

is it something that fades away when you acquire more and become more used to them? or is it constant?
>>
I'm the same way OP. Just got into guns in the last year, all I can think about. All I spend my money on. Oh well
>>
Get int vegetable gardening.
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (1MB, 3236x2099px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0225.jpg
1MB, 3236x2099px
What's funny is that it's not a "hurr I don't feel safe until I buy another gun" thing like the liberals told me it was going to be. My AR provides me with more than enough firepower to take on anything I might face, and my Glock and LCP allow me to be armed at all times, so I don't need anything more than those three to feel safe, now i Just want shit for fun. Like
-a 1911
-a shotgun
-a DA/SA pistol
-a precision rifle
-a DAO semi auto
-a revolver
-another .22 of some sort
-a full length barrel AR in either A2 or A1 configuration so I can teach women and idiot friends how to shoot (I don't think my AR recoils that much but people who have no experience shooting tell me it does)
-more wondernines because fuck it I love 'em

in that order. I can't afford any of this shit right now I make 10/hr. I should have put that 270 away instead of buying an LCP2 for my birthday but fuck it it's my birthday.
>>
File: 1490428968934.jpg (20KB, 283x395px) Image search: [Google]
1490428968934.jpg
20KB, 283x395px
>>34354595

I don't know man, I don't even have money budgeted for more guns but I still think/read about guns all day every day. Guns are just the coolest shit ever.
>>
>>34354785
Why do they have to look so fucking cool?
>>
You never get over it. You'll always crave more. You'll have more than 100 and everything from .22 LR to .50 BMG and you'll still want MORE.
>>
File: 1435799172653.jpg (49KB, 449x425px) Image search: [Google]
1435799172653.jpg
49KB, 449x425px
>>34354595
No, it only gets worse
I've been into guns for three years now and it's all I ever think about during my free time.
I've tried tons of other potential hobbies but they just don't cut it in comparison. Worst thing is that I'm not a collector by any means so I just obsess over the tiniest details of my small collection.

It reached a point where it kinda worries me to be completely honest
>>
>>34355102
I guess the one thing I have hope for is my ADD catching up.

I used to be real into guitar and thought I'd own 100 guitars, now I have 4 that I'm happy with and don't really spend too much time reading guitar catalogs.

Then it was pipes and pipe tobacco. I haven't placed a tobacco order in a few months.

I hope the same thing happens with guns. I have talked myself out of some pretty tempting deals so it's not like i've completely lost control, but I've bought a gun about every 3 months since I started.
>>
>>34354595
Give up. Had my first carbine for 4 years before selling it to a friend to buy a new one.

This was nov/2016. I bought another, but i didnt like it, so now i've had since nov/2016 5 more guns (two being pistols), and all i can think about it where to get money to finish paying the guns i have and buy acessories for the ones i own or getting new guns.

You're one of us now.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
>>
>>34355302
>where to get money to finish paying the guns i have

Damn...haven't got there yet. My credit is actually pretty good.

My plan is to make my credit really good. Like really good so I can send the last 3 years of my life buying 50,000 dollars in guns and put the debt in my snot notes kid's name. then leave him a note in his will saying "welcome to this shitty world. You have 50,000 dollars in debt to pay off, now here's a bunch of guns so you can KILL YOSELF NIGGA"
>>
>>34354595
>How do I get over my obsession with guns?

You never will. Get into antiques. That way you won't bankrupt youself buyng shit wi
>>
>>34356801
milsurp is more expensive than new guns these days.
>>
>>34357422
>milsurp is more expensive than new guns these days.

there u go holds value
>>
>>34354595
Why would you come here for advice? That is like going to a drug den to get advice on quitting drugs. Also it has been 10 years for me and while there as been ups and downs i am still enthralled.
>>
>>34354595
It becomes cyclic, you never give up guns and shooting. Sometimes you are obsessed, sometimes it is only a normal part of life. Over the years, some years you are fully into shooting, and shooting 20-30k rounds a year, other years you'll be lucky to clear 5K rounds.

Well that what it's been like for the 40+ years I have been shooting, that last 34 of which I have been shooting in competitions. With 30 years of collecting.
>>
>>34357569
lol like those fudds that work in Cabelas that have all their assets tied up in Garands?
>>
File: a1e.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
a1e.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>34354595
>>
>>34355164
I used to be into dirt bikes and quads. Then I got into tobacco also, now it's guns.

Now that all my interest converged I do all three.

Smoke a stogie, strap my AR on my back then ride the quad out to do a perimeter check every evening.
>>
File: w5zJwpg.jpg (260KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
w5zJwpg.jpg
260KB, 2048x1364px
I know this can easily be seen as the dumbest shit but...in my experience certain video-games like Battlefield 4 with all expansions can help the feeling, because of the immense collection of guns in the game.

On the other hand, getting a "sample" of a virtual version of a gun might only make you want to obtain the real version. (looking at you, F2000)
>>
guns are by far one of the coolest hobbys

i like guns since forever and everything about them especially the mechanics. you can say that a gun is just a mechanical masterpiece

they are the reason why im studying mechanical engineering

the problem is that i live in germany and had to do a lot of work to even get guns but now i finally have a small collection that i plan to expand

i now have

a sporting rifle in .22lr (anschütz 2007)
a cz75B
a ruger security six
and a k11

unfortunatly i am not allowed to buy more than 2 guns every half year so now im planning my next gun

i just think that once you get into guns you wont leave that hobby and you should stick to it if it makes you happy
>>
Mwuhahaha. Welcome to the club op.
>>
I have this problem with revolvers.

I bought a .357 Magnum and a .38 snub, and now I want a .44 Magnum.
>>
>>34354595

It's a process we all go through

>Get into guns.
>Buy everything you can, lots of impulse buys, possibly bubba your fair share of guns.
>Funds start to run low so you start being more focused on what you get, sell off your impulse buys to fund these new guns.
>Become very opinionated about guns and feel the need to tell everyone how they're wrong or why their guns are stupid for whatever reason.

>(optional step) decide you like some other aspect of guns than the ones you got into so change focus. Example; Want to become a dope sniper and buy a sweet Remington 700 setup but realize later it was stupid because you live 2 hours from the closest long range

>Now have a more focused and reasonable collection. Or at least a collection of regular guns with some that sit in the safe.

>Attention moves to using using the guns more than just buying them and finger fucking them. Mellow out some on your opinions because you know that you've been in their spot before.
>>
>>34354595
It gets better. 2 years ago I wanted one of every milsurp rifle, but now I just want specific milsurp. (2 Mausers, Enfield, Garand, Russian SKS, FAL, Arisaka, M1 carbine, Finnnish nugget).

I've narrowed down my interests into certain things now. For example, I really really like AK's and I might start building them with some friends.

The one thing I'm worried about with collecting is two guns. I would really love to one day have an SVD and CZ75 short rail. Those will be big investments.

My advice is don't sperg out. Shop around and be really picky with prices. I found a K31 with a troop tag and 150 rounds of GP11 for 300$ from a guy locally). You just never know when you'll find something for a good price. As long as you don't overpay for something, you really aren't losing out on anything. Worst case scenario you end up making a little bit of money off of guns that just don't interest you anymore, if you choose to sell them.

Find out what you really really like. Quality over quantity, anon.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.