[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you guys ever had to use your gun in a self-defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

File: ar.jpg (4KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
ar.jpg
4KB, 283x178px
Have any of you guys ever had to use your gun in a self-defense scenario?
Doesn't it bother you guys to own a weapon and know you will never get to actually use it for its purpose?
>>
>>34353210
I shoot my guns. Thats their purpose.
>>
>>34353210
I've drawn on a hobo before
>>
>>34353222
what's the story behind it?
>>
>>34353210
>all guns are made for self-defense alone
>>
>>34353210
>Doesn't it bother you guys to own a weapon and know you will never get to actually use it for its purpose?
you mean sporting?
>>
File: Wild_Boar_frontal.jpg (2MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Wild_Boar_frontal.jpg
2MB, 1600x1067px
>Have any of you guys ever had to use your gun in a self-defense scenario?
I haven't. I hope I don't ever have to. Too much legal bullshit to deal with after, as well as worrying about getting shot by the police afterwards, and honestly I don't like violence at all. I've watched people getting shot on liveleak and it's not something I'd like to see IRL, but I'd kill to defend my life without hesitation if I had to.

>Doesn't it bother you guys to own a weapon and know you will never get to actually use it for its purpose?
Nope. I like going to the range and putting holes in paper. I like cleaning my guns afterwards, accessorizing them, talking about them and generally think they are cool pieces of machinery. I like knowing that I'm armed and at least more familiar with weaponry than most of the civilian population, and if I ever move down south (which is likely) then I will join in the very real struggle to REMOVE OINK.

I guess I should add one caveat to the "i hate violence" thing. I LOVE watching videos of these fucking things getting taken out. I hate their smug fucking faces and their shitty fucking habits. I love watching them feeding on a piece of cheese or some shit only to get blasted in the brain and keel over squealing.
>>
Yes, no shots fired. Worked ok I guess.
>>
The purpose of whatever gun is use becomes whatever the fuck I decide to use it for,so no.
>>
>>34353210
kinda. living on one of the safest cities in America is nice but I feel like I'm wasting my money on this hobby sometimes.
>>
Not in self defense but back when I was homeless I had to shoot this retarded guy I was hanging with. He killed someone and didn't realize it, so I shot him in the back of the head after we ran from the cops rather than have him go through jail and the courts like he was.
>>
>>34355794
you're a standup guy.
>>
>>34355794
Did he have a fascination with rabbits?
>>
>>34354978
This. Drawn twice. Never shot. Nigs fucked off both time.
>>
>>34353210

no, i am not one of those faggot sheepdog types
>>
>>34355856
Don't talk to Mr. Steinback like that, faggit.
>>
>>34353210
No, I really hope I never have to use it for anything other than target shooting. I like to be prepared in case I do, but given the option I'll pass.
>>
How can you honestly say you never hope to use it? I don't want to go through the legal bullshit, but I'm absolutely okay killing someone for threatening my family, friends, or myself. I don't get bothered by it one bit. I love watching videos of muggers or home invaders get put down like they should be. I don't care whether you're white, black, or purple if you do degenerate shit I pray your victim shoots you.

I would never go out of my way to hurt someone though, that's evil.
>>
I had a road-rage incident where I fucked up, and the guy got out of his car and walked towards me with a tire-iron. I was excited for a half second, that the time had finally came to defend myself. Then I got terrified, and realized, oh shit, I might have to shoot this guy.

I gunned in reverse and peeled out. He didn't get to follow me.

I still don't know how to feel about this
>>
>>34355924

The legal bullshit is the problem.
>>
>>34356050
Quite honestly it's the only thing I care about.

Bad people deserve what's coming.
>>
>>34353222
what did you draw on him?
:D
>>
>>34356425
A benis xDDD
>>
>>34353246
>go to friends apartment complex to chill
>come out at 11pm to talk on the phone with another friend who needed directions to which building it was
>I go to walk out to the parking lot to see if I can see his headlights coming
>hobo was staggering on the sidewalk and comes up asking to use my phone
>tell him no and try to back up
>he tries to grab for my phone
>push him away, and he kind of falls over and catches himself
>I start taking more steps back
>says "gimme the fucking phone" while getting up
>I put my phone in my pocket and he's already up and coming towards me again
>draw Springfield XDs (bought before all the drama)
>tell him to back off
>he nopes off
>>
>>34356589
How'd it feel?
>>
>>34355998
You definitely made the right call
Even if you acted in self defense, depending on what state your in, you'd probably never legally hold a weapon ever again after a judge hears this story
>>
>>34353210
>be like 12
>left alone with brother overnight in the summer
>no cars in our driveway
>single shot 410 in mudroom by back door for shootan skunks and shet
>want to fuck around in the back yard at like 1 am because im a little shit
>open back door and someone is standing next to our shed
>tell him to get the fuck out of here
>"fuck off" he says and starts to cut straight through our yard towards the house
>grab gun and was going to scream at him to leave some more
>ND gun while pointing it in his direction
>birdshot
>drops his nightmare before christmas hoodie when he runs away
>shake for the next few hours, never tell anyone, brother didn't even wake up

Yep
>>
>>34357344
Sounds like you both learned a good life lesson desu
>>
>>34357236
The adrenaline picked up quick once I saw how angry he got when I pushed him away. And then afterwards, I thought about how fast shit got out of hand and what would've happened if I had to fight a drunk/doped up hobo.
Spooky stuff
>>
>>34353210
But the race war ???
>>
I've never had to defend myself, but I do use my gun to mug honkies.
>>
>>34357415
one day you're going to get shot though my pocket :>)
>>
>>34355924
Dumbass, he's saying he doesn't want there to be danger, not that he won't protect himself from it.
>>
>>34357468
Dumbass, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular. It was directed to several people in this thread who never want to use it, I'd be glad to
>>
Living in the last place I did I felt it was just an inevitability, after moving to the southwest, I don't feel bad about it not being likely.
>>
>>34353210

i'm glad that i probably never will

i just believe that you're better off being prepared in any case
>>
I'll give my shitty self defense story a go

>Be me poor in college
>Work at a shitty "health food" restaurant during third shift in Chicago
>After viewing the local night life once or twice decide to buy a handgun and carry
>Can only afford a Kel Tec with carrying clip
>Why not
>One night a drunk Mexican was being obnoxiously drunk
>Belligerent, shouting, etc.
>Walk into the bathroom to rack a round because I'm a moron and didn't know how to carry properly
>Walk back outside with pistol in hand, only to notice he left

The illegals that worked at the restaurant called me cowboy and the manger wasn't too happy I carried, but appreciated it. It's a shitty story but I'm drunk and idc.
>>
>>34357499
nobody said that, you stupid nigger.

>I'd be glad to
gee, all that anxiety from waiting for something that will most likely never happen. ill bet you end up being the one to instigate a confrontation.
>>
>>34357554
That's embarrassing. Had the dude decided to get feisty you could have died with a throwing weapon with bullets in it instead of the messican.
>>
my buddy was driving around and some sketchy basketball americans came up to the window asking for money. He told them to fuck off and when they didn't he got out his polish flare gun with a 410 insert and drove off
>>
>>34357583
I was a collegefag that didn't know much about concealed carry. Give me a break.

I was already breaking the law by carrying a gun into Chicago.
>>
>>34357590
You lived in nig-nog shoosting central and you didn't have a gun that early? Looking to die young eh?
>>
>>34357590
Glad you didn't get dead though anon. Good luck in the future against those messicans.
>>
>>34357605
I guess so. I'm still here so I count my blessings.
>>34357609
I quit that place a long time ago. I never want to go to Chicago again.
>>
>>34357614
I live in Arizona. Conceal carry with no license required, nobody fucks with anybody here. Two repo men from Nevada came to my town to repo a bike, and showed up at the guys house at 3 AM to take the bike. Bike owner comes outside with his AR-15, dumb niggy flips a knife open, he and his partner get shot, one lost his arm, bike owner faced no charges. Love Arizona.
>>
File: 20170515_150209.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_150209.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Guess I'll contribute. This happened around last christmas.

>gf is out of town at her parents, I'm home alone for the week
>live in a two story townhouse in a large complex
>night comes around, I decide to walk the dog since it's just us, and grab some beer at the convenience store
>buy my beer, notice some other tall white kid with a white shirt and black pants is following me
>figure he just got smokes or something
>start back through a park to go home, hear him yelling at me
>I turn around and go, "what's that man?" Didn't know what he was saying
>he gets closer
>is yelling "what do you got? What do you got?" while gripping something in his pocket that I instantly figured was a knife
>he was about 20ft away, I draw my P01 and hold at my side
>my dog is acting confused as fuck (black mouth cur/boxer mix we found on the street, total sweetheart but dumb as a rock)
>he immediately turns around and walks off, staring st me over his shoulder the whole way
>I holster and go home, hair still standing up on the back of my neck
>turn the last corner and look back as I get my keys, dude was right around the corner I had rounded. Followed me home.
>I lock the door and call the sheriff's office (were in an unicorporated part of a county in Texas)
>they say they'll keep an eye out

Seriously bothered me for a while. This is a nice place and I know all my neighbors. My gf walks the dog all the time, and if there are guys out there trying to straight up rob powerlifting war vets in their 20's with a dog and a gun, they won't think twice about a tiny woman. We had an attempted abduction of a blonde lady 3 weeks ago in front of our place, she got away and got her husband and when the cops came to take a statement, the same van drove by looking for someone else. Cops busted both of them right in front of my place, didn't believe it til I read the reports the next day. I don't know what's happening to this place, all the girls are rattled.
>>
>>34353495
This.
>>
>>34353210

No and no, I prefer not to kill people if I can help it. That doesn't mean I won't if they're breaking into my shit. Ultimately though I'm satisfied with just plinking at the range.
>>
>>34357571
I wish idiots would stay off my board instead of just wanting to shit it up. Do you like hearing yourself talk too?
>>
>>34357621
If the weather wasn't so fucked I'd be there in a heartbeat.
>>
No real stories about guns but oh well

>be at best buy
>buy item
>get rung up and check out screen says "Yes, I would like to enroll" or some shit
>ask the guy about it
>fails to mention its a legit credit card
>not even instore rewards card

Could've been more miserably in debt than ever if didn't ask

>Have "friend"
>always asking if i could be her "sugar friend"
>is okay with my money being siphoned away for Obamacare failure
>of course she voted democrat straight ticket
>i voted Johnson and Repub ticket
>she's becoming more and more hostile and combative verbally
>even though i have multiple MULTIPLE stories of how hyper liberal ideology has fucked me personally as I grew up.
>and even now
>she is even more embittered by that fact

I'll invite her places and question my every move even if it wasn't up to me to decide, especially in D&D. Luckily she annoys everyone else in the session, visibly. All i know is if i let her win she will be emboldened to turn others to the left and I'll have to pay more taxes because of
>>
>>34357625
Damn dude. Should have gone to a public place first before going home to see if he followed you. Now he knows where you live and knows you have at least one gun he could steal.
>>
>>34357897
>fails to mention its a legit credit card

I hate Academy for this reason. Any time you buy a gun from Academy the credit card gets pushed.
>>
>>34357933

There wasn't really anywhere public I could go. This all went down at like 11:30 pm, and the way he beat feet I figured he'd be home before I was. Fortunately, it's been almost 7 months since that happened, I'm wondering if he went home and reflected on his life choices that almost got him shot, or if he got arrested some some other stupid shit. Probably the latter.
>>
>>34357625
Wheres the source of these criminals? You dont live next to a poor neighborhood do you?

You know nignogs can just walk over to yours right? Theres no border checkpoint...
>>
>>34353210

ask yourself

do you have disability insurance hoping that someday you will use it ?

do you car insurance hoping that someday you will be in a wreck and have to use it ?

op you probably do because you're a shitposting troll
>>
>>34357897
>Johnson
look at this guy.
>>
>driving home
>incoming car in other lane
>car behind him passes
>I have to slam my brakes as he swerves and barely misses me getting back into his lane
>middle finger pointing at him the whole time
>continue on my way
>he comes flying up behind me
>drive past my house
>he stays on me for 15 minutes
>pull him a diner
>he gets out and I get out
>he had something in his hands (turned out to be a beer bottle)
>draw on him and started yelling commands
>he just stands there
>diner people call cops
>he was arrested for being drunk and something like attempted assualt
>>
>>34353210
>bother you guys to own a weapon and know you will never get to actually use it for its purpose?

I don't think I'll be bothered that for the rest of my life I won't be in mortal danger I can shoot at. Sounds pretty nice.
>>
50+ posts and no brings up the fire extinguisher analogy?
>>
>>34353210
If I "knew" I would never need my gun for home defense I wouldn't bother keeping loaded mags ready to go, you never know what might happen, no matter how unlikely statistically. And as others have said, some guns are just for fun.
>>
File: 20161005_164124.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_164124.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34358777

I live next to a working class neighborhood thays being gentrified. Lots of nice houses going up, lots of money and development coming in. Really surprised to see this bullshit going down. I've got pic related for defense, I use the USP45T + TLR3 for home defense and I carry the USP45c or the P01. My gf has mace we got for her, a lot of the girls are starting to learn how to shoot if they didn't already (I've got a solid Texas girl, she shoots pretty well) and are really having to watch leaving the house and coming home at night.

I pretty much always carry when I leave the house. I have the feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.
>>
>>34357897

Reminds me of my own unrelated story

>Walk into gas station to buy a water
>Black lady behind the counter rings me up with a real cba tude
>Go to pay with my credit card
>Total is like 6 dollars
>dis bitch had rung up a lottery ticket
>"Uh, I didn't get a lottery ticket"
>she rolls her eyes and removes it
>pay and leave

Looking back I wish I reported her ass or something, who knows how much money she's scammed out of people who don't pay attention.
>>
A lot of you said you had to draw but not shoot, I thought you only draw if you have the intention to kill? Or is that only a police thing? Someone please explain to me
>>
>>34359287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzDrVc9ORbw
>>
>>34359394
I'll watch later, just answer me this yes or no question: is it legal to draw and not fire?

Another more general question for home defense people, do you keep one in the chamber? I leave my .22 pistol above my bed with two loaded magazines next to it, but nothing ever loaded
>>
File: 1307902156782.jpg (219KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
1307902156782.jpg
219KB, 750x950px
>>34359426
I am not a lawyer, nor do I know all the laws regarding brandishing weapons in all the states. What I can tell you is presenting a weapon to a would be assailant with a knife and telling him to fuck off might keep you from being stabbed or robbed. Or you could tell him to get on the ground and call the cops. Or if he keeps approaching shoot to kill.

The guy in the video has a few stories about pulling a gun, but not having to fire. He was fishing out in the boondocks and when he was waling back to his car there were four menacing guys standing between him and his car. He drew a pistol and kept walking their way. They scattered, he got in his car, he left. Not a shot was fired.

Fuck you for not watching the vid and being a demanding little spoon fed bitch.
>>
>>34359492
>I'll watch later
I was driving idiot
Thanks though
>>
>>34355877
>>Steinback
>>
>>34353210
>Doesn't it bother you guys that you will never kill someone, go to court, have your entire life plastered across social media and the news for decades on end, and become the very definition of evil in the minds of at least 50% of the public, REGARDLESS of whether or not the shooting was justified?

Nope.

Anyone who sits around wishing and hoping to shoot somebody is either a child or an idiot. Your life is ruined the minute you pull the trigger regardless of the details.
>>
>>34357840
>my board
>>
>>34355794
Was his name Lenny
>>
>>34359426
Some states had reformed their brandishing laws, like NH. So yes, in some states it's no longer a criminal offense to draw a gun to diffuse a situation. Like they say, the mere presence of a gun is enough to knock sense into a would be bad guy.

tl;dr know your state's laws.
>>
File: 2017-06-25-142415_780x497_scrot.png (113KB, 780x497px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-25-142415_780x497_scrot.png
113KB, 780x497px
>>34359426
Yes, if you're in a situation where lethal force can be used, it's totally OK to brandish your firearm, at least in my state, per RCW 9.41.270, there's an exception for "Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person;"
This is good, because having to shoot people fucking sucks. I'd do it in a second and not regret it if it meant saving my life, but if I can get someone to stop threatening my life just by showing them my gun, that's a hell of a lot better!
>>
>>34359426

The whole "it's illegal to draw and not fire" is peak fuddlore, if only because this is advice that could lead people to legit commit murder. Shooting at people who have been sufficiently intimidated by a display of lethal force is not a legal or cool thing to do.
>>
>>34360056
How exactly is your life ruined? I live in Arizona and the details matter completely. Castle law and stand your ground would most likely cover my ass completely if I "felt my life was in danger" and could prove I "thought" the person was going to try and seriously injure me or another person.
>>
>Have any of you guys ever had to use your gun in a self-defense scenario?
nearly drew once, glad that I didn't have to.
this is retarded on two separate levels

1. no, I don't know that I won't ever use it for self-defense.
2. I hope that I won't have to. if I go throughout life without ever having to use any of my firearms for self defense, I will be very happy.
>>
>>34361623
Fellow WA fag here, great to know this kind of thing. Our legal system is so complicated at times, it can be easy to get confused.
>>
>>34362288
>I "felt my life was in danger"

That line only works for cops.

>and could prove I "thought" the person was going to try and seriously injure me

You cannot prove thoughts, it is the circumstance and your preceding actions that matter. Other people will easily see your circumstances differently. Also if the prosecutor can link you to posting shit like "I hope I can use my gun" on the internet, you are totally fucked.
>>
I like to point my loaded glock into my mouth when I masturbate.

Really kinks up the experience. Pretty sure this counts.
>>
>>34362369
>Good thing I never once said I was hoping I'd use it.

Whether I want to use it is between me and me. Obviously the correct legal answer is my default. Only to protect my own or someone else's life.

>That line only works with cops.
That's the biggest over generalization you could've said. It all depends on the jury and the exact details of who you killed and who you are. They can't prove whether you did or didn't fear for your life. What they have to judge is whether a reasonable person under the same circumstances would shoot.
>>
>>34362386
What?
>>
>>34362386
Well that's simply the most /k/ thing I've read all day.
>>
>>34362424

Not an over-generalization at all. Cops are taught to recite "I feared for my life" line because under the separate legal standard for police shootings, that line puts the burden of proof onto the prosecution and internal affairs to prove otherwise.

For civilians, they have to justify that fear using the circumstances of the shooting.
>>
File: my raifu.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
my raifu.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>34353210
Yes, although it was in Iraq.

I'm emotionally ambivalent about it at best, but would have no problem doing it again if the situation deems lethal force.
>>
>>34353222
Sup Nate
:^)
>>
>>34353210
>use it for its purpose
It's purpose is to go bang when I say so
>>
>>34353210

No.

I would kill someone to defend myself, my family or my home if necessary; but I'm not looking for trouble.
>>
>>34362538
look mate. I understand that there are a lot of specificities to cases, especially between civilian defensive shootings and police ones. But bottom line is that unless you're a complete retard and just don't know when and for what reason to use your firearm (also heavily depending on your state) the jury will most likely understand your argument of fearing serious bodily injury from anything that might resemble an instance of ambiguous aggressive intentions from the other party. If George Zimmerman was found innocent, then "fearing for ones safety" isn't that bad of a defense, is it?
>>
>>34362623
>the jury will most likely understand your argument

I hope you don't seriously believe this, for your own sake.

>If George Zimmerman was found innocent, then "fearing for ones safety" isn't that bad of a defense, is it?

George Zimmerman was overcharged for political reasons. A manslaughter case would have been a slam-dunk, the DA went for murder two due to pressure and lost. Also, Zimmerman's lawyer did not use the "fear for one's safety" defense at all. he simply had to demonstrate the prosecution could not prove that Zimmerman was the initial aggressor (i.e. the bar for murder).
>>
>>34362777
>...hope you don't actually believe this.
You're right. As a general belief this doesn't work. I can't guarantee that a jury will understand your decision to shoot a threatening individual. But being a person who understands the severity of murder charges and would try my best to only use my firearm in an instance of true danger and also one who lives in a highly defense friendly state with plenty of gun owning, right wing republicans I'd like my chances in a self defense shooting.
>>
>>34353210
Better to have it and never use it rather than needing it but not having it.
>>
>>34359394
Holy FUCK that got me good.
>>
>>34353210
Not gun but related to self-defense
>That one anon who got held up by a mugger in the street
>"I have a knife"
>Thanks, but I already have one
>Anon walks away
>Anon's autism saves his life and wallet
>>
>>34353210

why would it bother me? Having a fire extinguisher, jerry can, pepper spray, 55gal drums filled with water never bother me but they're all nice to have if I ever do actually need them. Same with my guns.
>>
>>34353495

>removing oink

Literally the only reason my mom keeps asking me about guns like a child at a store subtly hinting to their parents they want candy. Once she retires I'm going to set up an AR10 with a thermal scope on it so she can shoot to her hearts' delight.
>>
File: IMG_5306.jpg (25KB, 536x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5306.jpg
25KB, 536x221px
>>34365834
>>
>>34355998
Forget about your ego, avoiding a conflict is better than allowing one to happen.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.