[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats going on with revolvers? It looks like there is the beginnings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 50

File: maxresdefault.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
Whats going on with revolvers?

It looks like there is the beginnings of a revolver hipster movement starting among younger people.

Where did this revolver love meme come from?
>>
>>34350815
>Where did this revolver love meme come from?
/k/
>>
>>34350815
>excellent carry and general use pistols due to solid design
>high powered cartridges not available to auto pistol lines
>wont jam or glocknade on you
You tell me
>>
>>34350815
You just haven't been into firearms long enough. Love for revolvers has always been universal amongst firearms enthusiasts. Dumb thread
>>
>>34350823
Theres a trend forming among young people to get revolvers that didnt exist with grandpappys 1911 and Dad's Glock

You have to be an idiot or under 20 not to see this
>>
>>34350837
You are wrong. Bad thread
>>
Newfag here, what is the most versatile of the revolver family?
>>
File: zergfacebeer.jpg (140KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
zergfacebeer.jpg
140KB, 800x600px
My theory is that a lot of youngfags grew up under Obama so they got a steady diet of ZOMG SHTF PANIC BUY COMBAT ARMS NO TIME FOR FUN GUNS DAY OF THE RAKE APPROACHES.

Now that the heat is off due to the election guns can be just a fun hobby again.
>>
>>34350896

I lol'd when our main LGS who's owner had a 20'x20' MAGA sign out in the parking lot went out of business a few months after the election because his sales plummeted by like 300% and that was before Trump was even sworn in.

Dude literally had a bumper sticker with "King Nigger" next to a picture of Obama, despite the fact that Obama being president kept his business alive.
>>
>>34350815
>revolver love meme

you typed it, it's a meme

revolvers are for young hipsters who want a gun, go the range maybe 1 or 2 to shoot it and that's it
>>
File: 100_0326.jpg (132KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
100_0326.jpg
132KB, 800x601px
>>34350821
>won't jam or glocknade on you
>>
File: 1496927945720.webm (701KB, 264x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496927945720.webm
701KB, 264x480px
They look cool and are fun to shoot. Everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>34350886
3 inch barrel.

Can still be carried and not complete shit ballistics.
>>
>>34351032
WHAT DID YOU DO? This looks like failure to maintain your pistol.
>>
>>34351048
>WHAT DID YOU DO?

Are you new? That's not my picture.

>This looks like failure to maintain your pistol.

Maintenance has nothing to do with guns exploding unless you have shit clogged in your barrel. Revolvers can explode from out of spec ammunition just as easily as glocks or any other gun.
>>
>>34350934
Shows what we know. RIP VEPR.
>tfw republicunts steal slavshit everytime
Why, God?
>>
>>34351035
kek
>>
>>34350815
I guess I'm a youngin and am wondering as a counter to this question, do people here not look at almost every single gun and think "gee I want that"? Revolvers are cool.
>>
>>34351048

>This looks like failure to maintain your pistol.

hello newfag
>>
>>34351214
I sort of do. I want almost every gun for a split second before I think "Well when the fuck would I find time to shoot that?"
>>
>>34351019
>revolvers are for young hipsters who want a gun, go the range maybe 1 or 2 to shoot it and that's it
I'm 30 and have been shooting since grade school. I've always thought revolvers were pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>34350886
A .357 Magnum with a 4 inch barrel
>>
One of the best things about revolvers is not having to pick up all your brass. A .357 revolver with a 3 to 6 inch barrel is one of the most versatile firearms you can own.
>>
>>34350815
>hipsters
>big cities
>most have stupid gun laws
> old ass revolvers not effected
>no neutered mags
>dont even need mags
>>
>>34351048
>revolvers-never-jam-fags
>>
>>34350815
Nice false flag

Auto pistols are the future, and guns like the glock 30 and desert eagle are proof of this.
>>
So what's the obsession with stocking 9mms with high capacity glockazines?

So you can spend 2 hours reloading magazines, unlike a revolver, where you spend your time shooting.
>>
>>34350821
All wrong, but Ok faggot.
>>
Hipsters are scared of guns, normal clothing, work, and personal pronouns. Hipsters are not adopting revolvers, they are making shitty art in Greenwich Village with all the other trust fund washouts.

Revolvers are very popular with female carriers and fudds due to the simplicity of their operation. That's not the only reason but it's the current trend in the growth segments of owners. Pocket 380's are growing faster than any j-frame. But really revolvers were never unpopular, they just fell out of use with LEO and military.
>>
Fucking revolverfags
>>
In my country a revolver is considered the poorfag gun. Easy to use, easy to clean and affordable.
>>
>>34351671
>auto guns in 2020

When the neo-70s take place in 2024 youll regret not getting a 1970s Smith
>>
>>34351742
>Revolvers are very popular with female carriers and fudds due to the simplicity of their operation.
Exactly this. With a DA revolver, it's just point and shoot. If it malfunctions, you won't get it cleared without tools - but malfunctions are far rarer than with automatics. You don't need to consider Ammo either, if it fits into the cylinder, the revolver will fire it without problems, no matter if it's ball, shot or some special round.

Revolvers are guns for people that aren't interested in guns but still want some way to defend themselves.
>>
>>34351742
>simplicity of operation
>very complex hammer-wheel timing mechanism
Ha
>>
When its time to go innawoods im going to laugh when people assume they have some kind of fantasy logistics backing their ammo supply and are walking around with 4 empty magazines.

Now that my shitty revolverfag shitpost is out of the way, where do you live where theres some kind of "young gun owner revolver movement" Basically you are wrong.
>>34350837
>>
>>34352632

>very complex
>yet somehow rarely ever fails

>>34350815
OP, depending on what inputs you're getting that make you think revolvers are making some sort of comeback, they've always been a thing, there's always been a percentage of gun owners that love them for whatever reason, I think lately there's just been more coverage here on /k/, and elsewhere on the internet. I've been on /k/ since 2011 and it seems like revolver threads are a lot more common now than they used to be
>>
>>34350886

Ignore these limp wrist faggots and get 460 S&W. You can fire .460, .454 casull, and 45LC out of the same gun.
>>
File: hillary hole.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
hillary hole.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>
>>34352632
>confuses complexity of mechanism with simplicity of user operation.

Ha
>>
>>34352632
>>34352977
A GP100 is pretty simple and modular, as far as DA revolvers go
>>
>>34352632
>Complexity of internal parts = complexity of user operation

Yes, because a sun dial is much easier to read than a digital watch.

Anyway, revolvers have always been cool, but there was a good generation or two of semiautos being the default for TV shows and shit. This, combined with legislation going against more advanced weaponry, lead to an increase in sales of the later against the former.

Now that there's no fear of having to buy an AR or a Glock before Feinstein fucks it all up you see more people buying weapons with dat aesthetic.
>>
>>34352962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPYgohVCNM&t=291s

Anyone who's not retarded can remove the lock

Plus the new J-frames are available without them
>>
>Women use revolvers cause they're simpler!

You faggots keep perpetuating this meme like the difference between revolvers and semi autos is basic math to calculus. Carrying a glock brand glock with a round in the chamber is literally just point and shoot. No safeties or anything complicated at all.

It's also funny that most micro compacts companies are pushing out now have about the same capacity as a revolver anyway. A semi auto is not 100% a better choice and revolvers are not outdated. Please continue living in your fantasy world where you actually need 10+ rounds to defend yourself in an average self defense scenario though.
>>
>>34353073
>most micro compacts companies are pushing out now have about the same capacity as a revolver anyway
This, what's the point of carrying 6 rounds of 9mm when you can carry 6 rounds of .357 Magnum in a similar package? If people really want subbies to get interesting, companies need to experiment with mag and grip builds to find ways to put 10 rounds in an auto around an inch thick, create a subcompact that appeals to people with small-but-not-dainty hands and want a couple more rounds but in an easily portable packages. There's a huge gap between single-stacks with 8 rounds max and normal subcompacts that have 13 in the mag and aren't really that much more portable than a compact.
>>
>>34353073
It's not because they're simpler, it's because they're retard proof.
>>
>>34350886
Depends on what you mean by "versatile," but I would say a .357 with a 3 or 4 inch barrel.

.357 has one of the highest first shot stop rates of handgun cartridges, useful for defense, without being excessively heavy on recoil like you'd find with a heavier cartridge. But you can also load .38 specials for cheap and light recreational shooting.
>>
I rented a GP100 and I didn't like it that much. It was heavy, slow and the trigger was slippery and awful.

I couldn't imagine buying one for anything other than "huh.....cool" factor, and the ability to do a really cool flinch drill where you load one or two empty cases in a cylinder and spin it.

Semi autos are cooler to me. they are fun to load, rack the slide, shoot and clean. I'd much rather get a 1911 for a range gun
>>
>>34351082
The faggot probably put a stupid hot load in it pretending to be dirty harry
>>
>>34352737
New Mexico
>>
>>34350815

When you cover your first few "working" bases as a new gun owner you start to buy stuff for reasons beyond inherent practicality.

If you already have a 15 shot polymer, why not get a revolver as well and enjoy that glass-smooth, all steel shooting experience. If you already have an AR15, why not get a quality hunting rifle too, so you can enjoy precision and power in a classy package. Etc etc.
>>
>>34351035
>t. Rakshasha
>>
No. Revolves have always had a following, and always will. There are things you can do with a revolver you can't with a self-loading pistol.
>>
>>34353959
t. grandpa
>>
>>34350815
I wouldn't pick a revolver for EDC, but there is no better innawoods skinwalker defense gun.
>>34352632
There is nothing more simple than a single action revolver.
>>
>>34350815
Fuck off they're fun
>>
>>34350815
Simple.
They're fun, more fun quite frankly than a semi auto usually is, while also being practical.

I enjoy semi autos, and only actually have a single revolver for now.
BUT.
That one revolver is just about the most fun I can have with a handgun.
They also come in obscene calibers that can be loaded to absurd and damn near ungodly velocities that can punch through a fucking bear skull and still be useful for shit like plinking.

They're a good catch all that is good looking, fun, cheap, accurate, and best of all normally approved of even by those dirty fucking hipsters and fudds.
>>
>>34350815
>Fuck off with your gayass fudd gun; you need to get a glock/ar bro!

Tactifags are the fucking worst.
>>
>>34353537
Ruger revolvers are some of the clunkiest and chunkiest.
Even my cheapass Taurus 66 is smoother, let alone my Smith 629.
>>
>>34352540
I sure fucking hope so, my man
>>
>>34353073
>meme
Whatever, sell them for a few years and get back to us with your well-informed bullshit r/guns opinions.

>>34353206
This is basically what 'simpler' meant. They ask for them. A 5 year old can figure a DA revolver out. No slide to rack, no jams to clear, shrouded hammer, no spring loaded magazines to load without hurting your fingers; point and click, low recoil rounds, no limp-wristing even possible. Casual buyers like the grips and are intimidated by even attempting to use the magazines and slide releases on skinny ass semi-autos like Shields. They can handle "put circle in other circles, pull lever, push button to make spinney thing come out, what do you mean clean it?" It takes no effort to know if it's loaded or to prime it if you need it. They can leave it sitting for 5 years in a drawer and it will work the minute they ever need it. The odds of them ever needing to reload it during use are slim unless they take it to a conceal class.

Do I ever encourage them to buy a revolver? Hell no, but you stop fighting with them and sell them what they want and what they are willing to use. The first time one of them drops the slide on their palm and bleeds all over the counter (after doing the thing you told them not to do five fucking times) it's all over for semi-autos. They're like cats, they will hold a grudge with that thing until the world ends. So it's great when a woman learns to use a pistol correctly but this feminist "revolvers aren't just for gurls!!!" whinging is reactionary bullshit that only rings true for females that are already familiar with shooting. The same is true for the old morons but they already know they want a SW 38 special when they walk through the door and by fucking god that's what they're leaving with.
>>
>>34353206
>retard proof
>literally have to watch your grip so the cylinder gap doesn't injure you
>>
>>34353537
if it was the 22lr version it should come with a written apology for dropping a 10+ lb. trigger in them. They did that to prevent light strikes but it sucks to shoot it DA.
>>
File: wood-paneling-den.jpg (84KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
wood-paneling-den.jpg
84KB, 500x415px
>>34352540
>>34354842
>neo-70s
Not happening, lol. People have been fascinated by 80s pop culture since the fucking 90s, it ain't a tumblr invention. The 70s on the hand just kind of sucked dick. Shit music, shit fashion, damn near shit everything save for a handful of movies.
>>
>>34353029

>let me purchase a brand new broken gun, do surgery on it to make it usable then call everyone else a retard for not wanting to do the same.
>>
>>34350886
44 With 2 inch
>>
>>34353029
>Buying a new manufacture smith regardless of the lock.
>>
>>34353175
>This, what's the point of carrying 6 rounds of 9mm when you can carry 6 rounds of .357 Magnum in a similar package?

Because .357 out of a snubby is barely more powerful than a 9mm while creating much more flash, noise, and recoil.

And snubbies tend to be thicker and slower to reload too.
>>
>>34355222

>broken
>because it has a thing I don't like out of principal that's less likely to cause a malfunction than a FTF or FTE in a semi auto

And I didn't call anyone a retard, I just said anyone who's not retarded could remove it. I would not let a literal retard remove the lock on a S&W
>>
Age 26, I unironically carry a S&W 64 with 4" barrel.
>>
>>34354873
>They can leave it sitting for 5 years in a drawer and it will work the minute they ever need it.

You can do the same thing with a semi auto too. Springs don't go bad just sitting there.

I agree with the rest of your post though.
>>
>>34355463
It's not just springs setting, they're talking about lint and whatnot gunking up the gun. It's a valid concern for a gun left lying around somewhere loaded untouched for ages in case of a rainy day.
>>
>>34351032
never thought I'd see a ruger in that condition, let alone a super redhawk in .454

where can I find the story?
>>
>>34355541
>never thought I'd see a ruger in that condition
Why? It can happen to literally any gun in the hands of a big enough retard.

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-double-action/21472-sp-101-really-stronger-than-other-revolvers-3.html
>>
File: DSCF0326.jpg (632KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0326.jpg
632KB, 1600x1200px
>>34355541
>let alone a super redhawk in .454
Why is that supposed to be a .454 casull? Is it an older one?
>>
>>34355541
>>34355584
It is clearly an SP101. C'mon.
>>
>>34355394
I was going to combat you on this but according to BBTI you're almost correct. It's actually weaker than 9mm at expected sizes, assuming 2.5" is subbie-sized and 3" is considered what might be called compact, and is equal at 3". .357 Magnum is only worth shooting if you have four inches or more of barrel. Brava
>>
>>34350815
Not a big fan but I just found the 480 redhaek recently. Its a small gun with a big bullet. Obviously has it's pros and cons. Small barrel too. I'd like to own one
>>
>>34355599
>480 redhaek
I always thought this round sounded interesting, shame it hasn't gotten more popular.
>>
revolvers will always be cooler than autos, and most people like looking cool
>>
>>34351032
Did you like that gun.
>>
>>34350815

For me I started off with magazine fed guns and everything. Still love them.

But eventually I liked the idea of a revolver where you don't need any extra shit, just throw it in whatever and you got everything to fire off as long as you got bullets. No magazines and stuff. The ammo is dated but still very effective.
>>
File: 1496143185752.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1496143185752.png
334KB, 512x556px
>>34354897
>70s
>shit music
You take that back
>>
>>34354728
I brought this up in a revolver thread and they said "Ruger GP100 has the best trigger of any gun out there you're just a faggot"

which is baffling because i'd probably rate it a step above a mosin trigger. Obviously I'll at least try out a few more revolvers before I write them off as a whole, and I'll probably own one at one point because why not, but I don't see myself ever replacing my semi autos with revolvers.
>>
i used to think revolvers were cool but now I think they're fucking dumb outside of casual range use, plinking, and maybe meme hunting equivalent to using single shot pistols like a TC Encore or Contender

For carry I will choose a semi auto
For USPSA I will choose a semi auto
For literally everything, I will choose a semi auto
>>
>>34355702
I found a cva colt navy clone .44 at a gun show for 50. I didn't even plan on buying a gun but at that price
>>
>>34354897
What did you just say punk? Why you little faggot dillhole i oughta......Listen up the 70s was a real groovy time guy. We knew how to get down mess around fight crime bust a rhyme and get down on time ya dig? Take your little queer shenanigans out of here because as far as I'm concerned, you just bought a one way ticket to trouble town.....turkey.

*cocks pinto finish smith and wesson*
>>
>>34351032
I"ll take new reloader who didn't read the manuals for 800 alex.
>>
>>34354897
>t.child who isnt old enough to remember the 90s
>>
>>34355828
I remember most of the 90s well enough. Like I said, elements of 80s culture(mostly music) were being fetishized long before the current generation of cultural parasites
>>
>>34355504
>valid concern for a gun left lying around somewhere loaded untouched

>Get gun for defense
>Never train with it

They deserve it.
>>
>>34355504
Dust/lint doesnt accumulate on shit in drawers or boxes. Unless someone stores their gun in a vacuum cleaner bag, it'll stay clean.
>>
>>34355954
Maybe they train with another gun. Maybe they're just some grandma who wants something to defend herself with in the off chance someone breaks into her home. Not everyone who owns a gun has to be obsessed with them or go get fucking "training". Some common fucking sense should be enough.

>>34356100
>Dust/lint doesnt accumulate on shit in drawers or boxes.
If you're a normal person with a normal nightstand, closet or sock drawer that is actually opened once in awhile, yes it absolutely does.
>>
>>34355504
I'm sorry but do you intend to leave it for thousands of years in a drawer as a layer of dust as thick as the ash in Pompeii builds up over it?
>>
Can anyone tell me where to find a good S&W 29? Gunbroker has two for 200-400 and like 95 of them for between one and five grand. What do?
>>
>>34356292
>What do?
Get over your Dirty Harry fantasies and just buy a Ruger.
>>
>>34356299
>guys where can I find X?
>buy this thing you don't want instead
>>
>>34356299
>not getting both
>not appreciating Dirty Harry
>not appreciating a fine Blackhawk next to a fine M29
>not dual wielding them
Get on my level, scrub.
>>
>>34355594
>>34355584

yeh my bad. didn't see where the frame ended.

but still... a broke ruger is a shock to my system. fucker must've overloaded it
>>
>>34350815
>Whats going on with revolvers?
There is a trend toward "vintage", and revolvers are vintage tech.
Revolvers have an easy and intuitive manual of arms. Easy for noguns to get into guns.
Tacticool kommandos are all over the double stack autos, leaving man bargains to be had in used wheelguns.
DA operation is preferable in nearly every real world self defense scenario.
>>
>>34351032
>Posts gun explosion that clearly left the shooter's hands intact

Lets see if you keep your thumbs after a glock explodes on you.
>>
Revolvers are iconic and simple

Also more easily tolerated by liberals because low capacity
>>
>>34352600
>I've never actually owned a revolver: the post

Semi-autos are way, way easier to maintain and clean than revolvers.
>>
>>34350815
Revolvers are popular because its one of about three options
>>
>>34356724
>he thinks that you need to detail strip revolvers to clean them
>he thinks every semi auto is a Glock or Glock clone
>he thinks that you don't need to be mindful of things like not rechambering the same round over and over with a semi-auto
>he thinks magazine spring compression is a myth that never happens and that the police departments that tell their officers to not leave mags loaded for more than 90 days without being used are just "dumb fudds"
>he thinks a semi-auto, even a good semi-auto, will run reliably without regular lubrication

You either drank the Kool-Aid or have never owned a decent revolver.
>>
>>34356867
>be mindful of things like not rechambering the same round over and over with a semi-auto

Explain? I've never heard of that issue before.
>>
>>34350815
theyre less scary guns that appeal to the casual gun owner, and are still popularized in movies

most normie nogunz people let alone young numale hipster types can identify a glock 19 from a 1911 let alone tell you how they are functionally different

most people who own revolvers do so because it's fashionable to them, or because theyre fun additions to their collection of actual practical defensive firearms
>>
>>34356867
>>he thinks magazine spring compression is a myth that never happens and that the police departments that tell their officers to not leave mags loaded for more than 90 days without being used are just "dumb fudds"
Yes. Do you understand thermodynamics? Springs are worn from compressing or decompressing, once they're compressed or decompressed, they're static and no wear happens.
Police departments do shitloads of fucking dumb shit so I don't see why you think they're a good example.

>>34356940
Bullet setback is a thing with magazine fed weapons, the bullet can very slowly get pushed back into the case if you chamber the round over and over, this can cause unwanted spikes in pressure, so you should keep that in mind, to rotate your cartridges and what not.
>>
File: P3141927-1.jpg (1MB, 2640x1980px) Image search: [Google]
P3141927-1.jpg
1MB, 2640x1980px
I've had a S&W 29 Classic .44 mag for about 5 years. It's a lot of fun to shoot and always gets peoples attention when it comes out to play.

I've been wanting a .22 revolver for competition shooting for several years now and just recently decided to pull the trigger (kek). I won this S&W 17 10-shot .22 revolver on gunbroker a couple of days ago.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/655139176
Just waiting for my cashiers check and FFL info to be delivered so they can ship it. Felt like I did alright considering they've been selling for around $1,000 on gunbroker for a while and I was fully ready to pay that much going into the bidding war toward the end. Are there cheaper 10-shot .22 wheel guns out there? Absolutely, and I would have likely considered going that route if I didn't already own the 29 Classic. I really wanted to have it's little brother. Of course.. now I need the 586 .357 to go with them.
>>
>>34350815
>Where did this revolver love meme come from?

Only way to hurt a vest is in a revolver. They are also WAY better in the dark, for carry etc
>>
>>34357083
>I've had a S&W 29 Classic .44 mag for about 5 years.

nice. I like u
>>
File: Setback.jpg (63KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Setback.jpg
63KB, 768x1024px
>>34356940
>Explain? I've never heard of that issue before.

Are you serious? If you are, basically the issue is that chambering the same round over and over in a semi-auto will cause bullet setback over time. This is actually incredibly dangerous, because it can cause the round to be massively overpressure when fired and lead to the destruction of your gun and injury to your hand. All of this is in addition to the second potential issue that arises when rechambering the same round over and over again, which is that it can scratch the primer and potentially cause it to fail in a critical situation.

None of these things are an issue on a revolver.
>>
>>34357062
Lock the slide of your pistol to the rear and leave it that way for six months to a year. I guarantee you that the strength of the recoil spring will have decreased at the end of that period.
>>
>>34357099
Thanks amigo

I also meant to say the rubber grip is super comfy and grippy, but I intend to purchase some sexy wood lingerie for them as well.
>>
>>34356867
I own both, and my revolver takes 4 times the effort to clean and maintain.

For a gun you leave around and never fire? Yeah revolvers are simple.

But if you actually shoot, they are a lot more complex. They are however, also more reliable if you maintain them.
>>
File: 38 special.jpg (221KB, 1429x1075px) Image search: [Google]
38 special.jpg
221KB, 1429x1075px
>>34357062
>Do you understand thermodynamics?
>Asking this on /k/

And that is in the field of metallurgy, compression cycles have literally nothing to do with thermo. Though you are not wrong.
>>
>>34350815
>>34352540
>>34354897
>>34356624

I'm LARPing as a PI from the 80's. Carrying S&W's model 19-3 in a Galco shoulder rig.

Loud Hawaiian shirt and Adidas sneakers too.
>>
File: 1498079601530.jpg (203KB, 381x424px) Image search: [Google]
1498079601530.jpg
203KB, 381x424px
>>34355947
nigger you are like 18 stfu acting like u are an 80s baby
>>
>>34357107
>nocrimp/10
>>
File: pix720498756.jpg (51KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix720498756.jpg
51KB, 567x425px
>>34357083
>dat blue

pretty sexy for a plinker
>>
>>34357062
>>34357107
Thanks. I'm still relatively new to guns, so there's a lot I'm still learning.

I had tested whether hollow points would feed in a pistol I had a few days ago. Now I'm worried they might have this issue.
>>
>>34357223
You can use a caliper to measure the overall length of a bullet. It doesn't need to be exact (exactness does help from the standpoint of accuracy of course), but it does need to be within a certain range. If the cartridge is shorter than the low end of this range, it is unsafe to fire and should be safely discarded.

All that being said, you should not have to worry about bullet setback on the rounds you are describing unless you rechambered them like 20 or 30+ times as long as it's factory ammunition and not shady gun show reloads or something.
>>
>>34357219
I was a little disappointed that it's not normal bluing like the 29 due to the aluminum alloy cylinder, but it is a sexy finish nonetheless
>>
>>34357107
Is bullet setback like when a little baby 9mm bullet grows up into an adult 45
>>
File: RfIKgSL.jpg (254KB, 2048x1284px) Image search: [Google]
RfIKgSL.jpg
254KB, 2048x1284px
>>34357202
>acting like u are an 80s baby
But I am. And I'm not even close to being among the oldest posters here
>>
>>34357250
That's a Model 17, right? I think those have steel cylinders and not aluminum ones. The reason why the bluing looks the way it does there is probably because the steel used in the cylinder is different from the steel used in the frame/barrel. That kind of plum patina is also found in a lot of older Rugers for the very same reason.
>>
>>34357273
Mighty Max was dope as fuck. I'm pretty sure I still have those toys somewhere.
>>
File: 1464306650091.jpg (241KB, 1200x742px) Image search: [Google]
1464306650091.jpg
241KB, 1200x742px
Revolvers are inherently American.
>>
>>34351671
>desert eagle

When does school start again?
>>
>>34357495
>Revolvers are inherently American
Yet the best quality double action revolvers have been made in Europe for decades, ironically
>>
>>34351214
You're a young 'un who doesn't know how to fucking spell.
Young one. Young 'un. Why is this so hard?
>>
>>34350815
Fidget spinners.
>>
>>34350815
Revolvers can have more powerful rounds and not the meme power full like 45 vs 9mm, actual demonstrably more power, I'm saving for a 500 S&W, nothing else can match it in terms of hand gun fire power.
>>
>>34357629
>500 S&W

You're a big guy
>>
>>34357652
UUUU
>>
>>34357629
.460 is better if your aim is high performance and versatility rather than just "largest round possible."
>>
>>34357676
Is it? I'm looking for power, if a smaller size round has more power I'm interested, guy at the gun shop said 500 was it.
>>
>>34357681
IIRC, .460 has both better muzzle energy and better trajectory because its velocity is markedly higher. Also, unlike the .500, it can chamber .45 Colt, .454 Casull, and .45 ACP if cut for moon clips, in addition to its native chambering.
>>
>>34357688
Nice, I think I'll get that instead then, I love multi caliber guns anyway. Can you recommend any good manufacturers?
>>
>>34357703
.460? Smith and Wesson is the only manufacturer for them outside of bespoke guns I think.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-model-460xvr-hi-viz-fiber-optic-front-sight
>>
>>34357724
Thanks
>>
File: 148423936484034.jpg (61KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
148423936484034.jpg
61KB, 900x546px
GP100 or S&W 686?

I'm looking to for a new 4 inch revolver and can't decide between these two. I know that the 686 will have that hillaryhole but I still like the look of it more over the GP100.
>>
>>34357952
GP100 is a stronger design, but has no internal lock

You might as well just buy the Smith since you've already said you like the aesthetics; that's pretty much the main reason anyone buys a Smith & Wesson revolver today
>>
>>34350837
Nope, you're just seeing it for the first time. Like when you or someone you know gets a new car and suddenly you see that model everywhere, or you learn a new word then somebody else says it the next day.
>>
File: snek 2.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
snek 2.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
While I love my CZ75 and most other handguns I've shot and would likely prefer them for most practical applications, I find my Python to be the most fun at the range.
>>
>>34358009
Oh and as you can see I just got my Garand the week before that pic.
>>
Desert eagle shoots .357 magnum and carries more rounds that revolver. Why not just use that instead
>>
>>34357952
Or just get an older 686 with no hole. Easy.
>>
>>34357629

Get a magnum research bfr 500 instead.
>>
File: hnnnng.jpg (14KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnng.jpg
14KB, 600x400px
>>34357952

Gp100. I love mine in 4.2 and cant wait to get this one and scope it.
>>
>>34358029
Because it's huge, jammomatic, relatively expensive, and I try to avoid Israeli made goods if I can help it. I know there's American ones too but the other points still stand.
>>
>>34351675
You buy extra magazines so that you can load them at home and spend your time at the range shooting, rather than spending time fiddling around with dozens of moonclips for the same number of shots.
>>
>>34353029
Buying a gun with an ugly hole in the side for the purpose of showing Monica how its done.
>>
File: 1972_Electoral_Map.png (174KB, 650x349px) Image search: [Google]
1972_Electoral_Map.png
174KB, 650x349px
>>34354897
>Implying based Nixon purging the hippies wasnt the best time in American history
>>
>>34357952
Model 28 police trade in
>>
Wheel gats are timeless. Hunting for a top break one myself.

I had an idea for an automatic revolver. Although I would think this has already been done.
>>
>>34358101
>and I try to avoid Israeli made goods if I can help it
The design is American, and the guns haven't been made in Israel for like a decade.
>>
>>34355444
Dubs trips is wise with knowledge
>>
>>34356299
>Hey guys where can I get a good X
>No you don't want X just buy Y lol
You sound like the average AR fag
>>
File: 1450238425084.jpg (843KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1450238425084.jpg
843KB, 2592x1944px
>>34350815
You must be a new shooter if you haven't realized the joy of shooting a good revolver.

While I wouldn't make one my primary home defense gun or ccw piece (a fine backup if it's a small 38) they have and continue to perform just fine in that capacity if one so chooses.

A 44 or 357 mag set up with good handloads tuned to your gun makes a good hunting pistol for things like whitetail deer, and if the barrel isn't too long to be cumbersome that same gun can provide some woods carry defense against black bear and mountain lions.

The only semi auto that steps up to that capability is a good 10mm and I've yet to come across any 10mm autoloader that has a better trigger or that I shoot as well with as my 629.

Yes the trigger preference and grip feel is a subjective thing but life is too short to deal with a gun that doesn't work for you. It just so happens in certain applications a revolver works for people no matter how old they are.
>>
File: 1496888123998.png (10KB, 128x110px) Image search: [Google]
1496888123998.png
10KB, 128x110px
>>34351035
What happened
>>
>>34359179
Its not a new person thing

Kimber and Colt both released new revolvers because there is a demand for them by the younger generation that is going almost unnoticed by the general public and other manufacturers.

The same way that hipsters are bringing back the audio cassette.
>>
>me and the old man watching Dirty Harry the other night
>he wants to go and get the "most powerful handgun in the world" for self defense
>won't listen when I try to tell him that 9mm will do everything a .44 can against humans
When will the stoppin powha meme die?
>>
>>34359312
You insolent little child
>>
>>34357542
>implying

Yeah, sure they are m8
>>
>>34357952
>I still like the look of it more over the GP100.

There's you answer.
>>
>>34359280
They released carry guns, so my assumption is that people want a decent small handgun they feel they can count on and honestly I can't blame them for picking a snubnose 38 over an autoloading pocket gun.

A couple of advantages I can think of.
First off, a double action revolver has a pretty large margin of safety if you want to leave it loaded. This is an important aspect for pocket carry. There are semi autos that have the long heavy trigger pull as well but rarely are they as smooth.

Second is that it's very unlikely for a user induced error to occur, such as limpwristing, this is not an uncommon problem on subcompact autos shooting calibers such as 9mm or larger.

Third is that unlike a semi auto you can get a revolver to function no problem in a contact shot. You can shove that barrel right into your attackers ribs and unload on him. With semi autos the vast majority will be pushed out of battery, I'd be surprised if there was one that wouldn't be.

Just a few considerations that I think buyers are taking into account lately as far as "going back to revolvers" are concerned, though I think the driving force is the continued normalization and legalization of concealed carry in the united states.
>>
>>34359312
let the boy play
>>
File: 20170524_220245.png (534KB, 2146x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_220245.png
534KB, 2146x1440px
>>34354897
Unless this is bait, you have absolute shit taste.
>>
>>34355463
>Springs don't go bad just sitting there
Yes they do, eventually. It's called "creep".
>>
File: 400-1.jpg (85KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400-1.jpg
85KB, 400x400px
>>34357547
This is the generation of illiteracy, unnecessary acronyms, and depending on autocorrect.
>>
File: IMG_0840.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0840.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>34350815
'Sup OP. Let me tell you why the only gun I own is a revolver.

I grew up shooting pretty much everything. Started with a bolt action, upgraded to an AR, shotgun with my uncle all the time, had fun with a revolver rifle one summer, etc etc. for me shooting has never been a prep for war kind of thing- it's just therapeutic. The process of using your whit and fine motor skills to put holes right through the 10 ring is just bliss, and part of that is controlling the gun itself to the greatest extent possible, which is why I prefer manual actions to semi autos. So, when I actually moved away and had to go buy my own gun, I found a rough rider revolver for $80 at a pawn shop, stripped it, cleaned it, rebuilt it, and I've loved that gun ever since. Stopped a meth head who was trying to crawl through my window, all I had to do was cock the hammer back and he ran. Didn't even have the cylinder in, I was literally in the middle of cleaning it.

The only reason I'd ever get a semiauto pistol is if the Hearing Protection Act passes, because you can't really put a can on a revolver, and my hearing is already bad enough from a combo of 100% oxygen at birth (9 weeks early and lungs didn't work great) and my friend Alex convincing me as a kid that "you don't need earplugs for 22 lol!"

>pic related and maybe upside down because fuck my iPhone doesn't upload pics correctly.
>>
>>34356292
>>34356319
X costs more than you thought because of supply and demand
>>
>>34356947
>actual practical defensive firearms
The only self defense usage I know of IRL, the firearm was an old Smith .38 (not .38 Special) with 5 round cylinder.
It was more than sufficient.
Cop style mag dumping is sloppy.
>>
>>34357062
>thermodynamics
Compression and decompression works the metal, meaning more interstices are created in the crystal structure, which degrades the spring properties of the metal.
Remaining compressed will also ruin a spring.
>>
>>34359483
You are correct.
Autocorrect should at least be set to highlight supposed misspellings, not to make "corrections" with no user input.
>>
File: Model 69.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Model 69.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>34359312
Carrying a .44 Mag has never been more practical than it is today, what with S&W's new L-frame Model 69 and anti-personnel loads from reputable companies like Buffalo Bore
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=243
Unless you live in a warzone like Chicago or Detroit, he'll probably never have to use it, and then you'd get it for free when he croaks.
There's literally no downside except for the momentary cost of suppressing your autism long enough to be a good son and hook up your old man with a nice gun that makes him happy.
>>
>>34359688
>I don't understand terminal ballistics
I'd much prefer my dad have a pistol with three times the capacity, far less recoil, and nearly the same effect on the target per shot. The penetrating power of magnum revolvers is wasted on human targets.
>hook up your old man with a nice gun that makes him happy
And when did I ever say I didn't support him buying a sexy and fun revolver?
>>
>>34359798
Furthermore, if he's anything like most people who've rushed out and bought a .44 Magnum after seeing Dirty Harry, he'll shoot half a cylinder through it, decide he's had enough, and suddenly be more amenable to a more reasonable carry piece, without you losing face arguing with him about it.
>>
>>34359853
>You will never buy a cheap 29 during the Dirty Harry craze
Feels bad
>>
>>34359798
>he thinks 9mm has similar terminal ballistics to .44 magnum in any situation involving normal factory ammo

Tactifags everyone.
>>
>>34359937
Anon didn't say the terminal ballistics were similar, just that really huge/powerful rounds are better suited to larger animal frames. He's right, .44 Mag and up are wasted on humans. They pass through without adequate mushrooming and are a danger to people in the background. 9mm JHP does just fine vs 12" of human torso. l2read brainlet.
>>
>>34351032
>double loading .357
Alternatively
>using H4350 as a substitute for H110
>>
>>34351035
what the fuck is going on there?
>>
File: genetics marches on.gif (365KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
genetics marches on.gif
365KB, 500x291px
>>34360014
>better suited to larger animal frames
Americans are pretty large animals.
>>
>>34360014
Do you not realize that there are .44 Magnum rounds that focus specifically on expansion? Unlike weaker handgun calibers, which have to manage a delicate balancing act between penetration and expansion to actually meet the FBI minimums for both, .44 Magnum loadings that focus on rapid and violent expansion still easily meet the FBI minimums for penetration. Trying to say that 9mm has

"nearly the same effect on the target per shot" (his exact words)

like the autistic retard in >>34359798 shows that he knows nothing about bullet design or firearms beyond what he has heard on youtube.
>>
File: usausausa.jpg (58KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
usausausa.jpg
58KB, 680x497px
>>34360062
Easy there trooper, you might blow a vein. Get your brown round on right and have a safe Whataburger day.

>>34360034
cool map
>>
I'm a police officer and have been carrying an m&p shield 9 off duty for a while. I recently bought a s&w model 37 for CC due to its less boxy design and ability to just be stuffed into and fired from a pocket.

If I'm ever in an off duty shooting, its to get out of a bad situation. 5 rounds in the cylinder is enough for me. If I need more, speed loaders are super convenient.
>>
>>34354873
>drops the slide on their palm and bleeds all over the counter
Looking for clarification here, you mean they release the slide while they're holding it and the serrations cut their hand?
>>
File: big black french revolver.jpg (32KB, 650x387px) Image search: [Google]
big black french revolver.jpg
32KB, 650x387px
These any good?
>>
File: PicsArt_06-25-03.10.55.jpg (39KB, 509x380px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-25-03.10.55.jpg
39KB, 509x380px
>>
>>34360062
Find me a .44 magnum that expands beyond one inch in diameter. You can't. This means that .45 ACP does the same shit with twice the capacity and less recoil. 9mm is an even better balance of recoil, capacity, and recoil, with only around 25% less expansion, but you get the idea.
>Calls me autistic retard
>So noguns that he thinks .44 magnum is good for self defense
>>
>>34360770
>twice the capacity

7 is not double of 6.
>>
>>34359312
.44 Magnum actually has stoppin powah though.....
>>
File: 1459928989752.jpg (96KB, 1023x546px) Image search: [Google]
1459928989752.jpg
96KB, 1023x546px
>>34360360
The MR73 is one of the best revolvers ever made.

It's as aesthetic as a Smith and as strong as a Ruger.
>>
>>34359505
My favorite handgun remains my first, my Uberti 22 for this reason here. Following it are my LCR and Vaquero. There is just something about revolvers that locks in with me, I love them a lot more then all my semis.
>>
File: 1440259345720.jpg (194KB, 966x754px) Image search: [Google]
1440259345720.jpg
194KB, 966x754px
>>34361001
>The 1911 is the only .45 handgun ever made.
>>
>>34361249
Stopping power is an unmeasurable and useless concept. The area and depth of the wound cavity are all that matter. To that end, .44 magnum has all the effectiveness of 9mm with way more recoil and blast.
>>
>>34361455
>I enjoy spending $40-50 for extra magazines and not being able to find good holsters or night sights

Because you suck and we hate you.

>>34361510
>.44 magnum has all the effectiveness of 9mm with way more recoil and blast.

Fucking day/k/are.
>>
>>34361624
Show me the proof, a .44 magnum load that expands larger than the best 9mm hollow points, around .74 inches. I have yet to see one.
>>
>>34350934
Why would you be happy about losing a local business? I wonder who is behind this post dot jaypeg
>>
>>34361832
Show proof you own a hand gun bigger than 9mm then we can talk.
>>
>>34361938
I'd be surprised he even has a gun.
>>
>>34350815
>calibers ranging from .22lr to 500s&w and .45-70
>great triggers
>can usually utilize more than one cartridge (ex. 357mag/38sp, 454 casull/.45colt/.45schofield, etc.)
>they don't spit evidence via spent casings everywhere when you're involved in a shooting

if you're in an area where large/dangerous game is an issue, you'd benefit from carrying a magnum revolver.
if you're in a cuckstate that limits your magazine capacity, it would make more sense to carry a beefier caliber than to hedge your bets on a few shots of 9mm
>>
>>34350815
they're fucking badass and they make me feel like a cowboy, you got a problem
>>
>>34351032
And when that happens in your Tupperware gun, what happens to your hand?
>>
>>34352180
In my country a .357 SS S&W says classy and a .357 Colt Python says Rolex owner.
>>
>>34352962
Hillary Hole not on 686-4 or prior. Prefer that.
>>
>>34354728
Colt looks better, hand fitted. Beautiful revolver. S&W better trigger
>>
>>34355394
9mm is an insufficient round requiring perfect shot placement, and it is not a bone breaker or a hole maker. If you need to shoot someone who might shoot back or has a blade weapon, you want to break a spine or pelvis, or tear a big hole in their arteries, or drill a hole through their head in and out. People on drugs can keep going after a 9mm fatal hit for enough time to hurt you. many crazy people high on coke or pcp can be quite dangerous without a round that delivers big energy. .357 .45acp .40 with JHP. always factory ammo for self defense carry. reloads make you look like a vigilante in front of a jury. Always carry, never tell.
>>
>>34361624
There are other double-stack .45s than H&K ones, like the FNX, M&P45 and Glock 21
>>
>>34363312
Literally fuck off with this post.
>>
>>34363312

Welp, that's the dumbest post I've seen all week.
>>
File: bait.jpg (17KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
17KB, 326x326px
>>34363312
>>
>>34363312
found the mall ninja
>>
>>34363365
To be totally fair, he's right about 9mm not being great at breaking through bones, which is problematic when you're trying to shoot into someone's ribcage to damage their heart and lungs, or shooting at someone holding their arms up in front of their torso, such as when they are presenting a weapon.
Even the heaviest 9mm loads simply don't have the momentum to reliably break through intervening bones the way that other service calibers like .40 S&W and .45 ACP do.
Ballistics gel testing doesn't simulate bone strikes, and the only study ever conducted on the relevance of gel tests deliberately ignored cases where bullets interacted with the subject's bones.
>>
File: 5635846755_4c3f2a8aea.jpg (127KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
5635846755_4c3f2a8aea.jpg
127KB, 400x500px
>>34363312
>>34363658
All the commas gave it away.
>>
File: 12.jpg (4KB, 163x145px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
4KB, 163x145px
>>34363735

I was JUST about to say the same thing. Clearly samefag.
>>
>>34359446
Only poorly designed shit will fail from less than 100 years of creep. But sure it's technically a thing.
>>
>>34350815

I took interest in revolvers when I looked at California's laws and got salty about being denied most fun guns. As it turns out revolvers and lever gats are pretty neat too
>>
File: samefag.png (65KB, 494x335px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
65KB, 494x335px
>>34363735
you're really bad at this, m8
>>
File: samefag.png (60KB, 494x335px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
60KB, 494x335px
>>34363765
so are you
>>
>>34363765
>>34363801
This is why all boards should have IDs.
>>
>>34363819

I want IDs and country of origin like /sp/ does. I want to know if some Eurocuck is whining about our gun laws as he pretends to be from Texas or some shit.
>>
>>34363819
Nah, it doesn't matter. After you faggots have your little argument, what of it? Pistol rounds as a whole are fucking anemic.
>>
File: rr.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
rr.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
they're classy as fuck
>>
>>34363916

You just reminded me of the time I bought 4 Belgian FAL mags and they all came looking like that. I was so fucking pissed. I think my heartrate just went up, goddamn. AAAAHHHHHH
>>
>>34363866
>Pistol rounds as a whole are fucking anemic.
That's where you're wrong, kiddo
>>
>>34361938
>>34361969
Samefagging doesn't make your irrelevant points into an argument anon
>>
>>34359312
In 1986 a bunch of FBI in Miami got their clocks cleaned in a protracted gunfight. 9mm and 38spl did not stop threats. They looked into 10mm which is a monster but the skirts couldent handle the recoil so they shorted the case and that is .40s&w. Bottom line-Merica is no place to run around with a bullet designed to stop people who eat brie.
>>
>>34364042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8cByaVyNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTTDgZZZFa0
>>
>>34364042

Bullet technology has come a very long way at this point. Nobody is using 147gr hardball anymore, grandpa.
>>
File: zeliska revolver.jpg (21KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
zeliska revolver.jpg
21KB, 300x400px
>>34353964
Okay, show me a semi-auto handgun that fires 600 nitro express. I'll wait.
>>
>>34363819
Kill yourself.
>>
>>34350815
They just seem like the better option 90% of the time when your choice is between a single stack and a revolver. Especially for new shooters.

Don't have to rack the slide, depending on gun you can shoot multiple types of ammo, lax gun laws, easy to see if it is loaded or not, inherent accuracy, you can probably get one for cheap from your grandpa...
>>
>>34363969
Keith was weird

.357 Magnum is pretty good, but he's like, "Nah, that's shit I need MORE POWER" and gets .44 Magnum introduced

It can said that a handgun can have TOO much power
>>
>>34353006
That analogy was fire.
>>
>>34357083
Yea look for an H&R 939. I love mine
>>
>>34364697
I wish he had lived long enough to have an opinion about .500 Mag
>>
>>34355954
This.
>>
>>34356184
If you're not shooting the gun you plan to use to defend yourself, you're not training. You're just shooting.
>>
>>34363312
Just yesterday there was a thread about a cop shooting a nigra in the chest five times with a .357 Magnum, walking off for cover, perp getting up and shooting him in the neck with a .22LR for a one-hit death. All lore is fuddlore.
>>
>>34364795
Do you think him and Coop would have bonded over 10mm?
>>
>>34364922
10mm is equal to .357 Magnum, so Keith would've wanted something bigger.

I don't think Keith liked autoloaders either.
>>
>>34364953
I figured 10mm could maybe give Keith hope for those autoloading youngsters and finally reciprocate Coop-chan's attentions
>>
>>34364911
The .22lr went under his arm pit and into the officerss heart
And the 5 .357 rounds actually all struck the fatass's ass and shoulders
>>
>>34350815
>revolver hipster movement starting among younger people.

That's a funny way of saying passing down of the fudd.
>>
>>34351032

WHAAAAT?!

How in the fuck did somebody manage to blow up a Ruger?

Had to be a massive overload, like a double charge.

Story?
>>
>>34356724
You dont know what you're talking about. You dont even need to take a revolver apart to clean it.
>>
>>34353332
>>>34350886
>Depends on what you mean by "versatile," but I would say a .357 with a 3 or 4 inch barrel.

This and for exactly the reasons mentioned.

Small enough, very, very simple and durable, five or six rounds is plenty for self-defense, and has a cheap, light alternate ammo.

Should be everybody's first gun.

Thank you, Elmer. RIP bud, you're still doing us right.
>>
>>34365044
It's an SP101, not a Super Blackhawk, some of them aren't as built as others.

Could have been a squib.
>>
File: CZ550fs-9.3x62_1.png (3MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
CZ550fs-9.3x62_1.png
3MB, 2592x1728px
>>34353923
>If you already have an AR15, why not get a quality hunting rifle too, so you can enjoy precision and power in a classy package. Etc etc.

I HIGHLY recommend the CZ550-fs for this. Classic Mauser action, sexy and exotic full-length Mannlicher-style stock.
>>
A new gun store just opened up in my area and they had a selection of Ruger LCR's. I really like the design they have. Almost considered buying one. Anyone have experience using one or opinions on it?
>>
File: 20170613_210839.jpg (1007KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_210839.jpg
1007KB, 2560x1536px
>>34365122
I like mine. Good DA trigger pull, and the Hogue grips manage the recoil of +P ammo.
>>
>>34365044
>>34365101
See >>34355570
>>
>>34359312
.44 isn't the most powerful handgun anymore, but stoppin powha isn't just a meme, look into hunting revolvers.
>>
>>34352948
>.460 S&W
>mfw I have one of these
>mfw firing it at the indoor range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZg_fRvqEks

The muzzle blast on those things is insane.
>>
>>34362237
Well it won't be full of metal shrapnel for one thing.
>>
>>34360770

Find me .45acp that can dump +1k ft-lbs of energy into your target.
>>
>>34365828
Hunting revolver rounds kill the same way any bullet kills, by damaging tissue and causing the target to bleed out. "Stopping power" doesn't factor into that equation.

>>34366101
>energy dump myth
>in 2017
Low quality bait
>>
>>34350815
Revolversfags are the lifted truck douchebags of the gun community.
>>
>>34366046
Plastic shrapnel is even worse because it doesn't show up on X-rays.
>>
>>34367029
Who are the lowered truck douchebags of the gun community?
Roland Special enthusiasts?
>>
>>34350815
I think they just look badass, and a decent hammerless or a Chiappa Rhino can really give some autos a run for their money.
>>
>>34369161
>>34367029
You're faggots.
>>
>>34355444
Age 22, unironically carry Model 10 4"
get on my level bitch
>>
>>34360030
>face away from mecca in your turkadurka
>lean back
>bow away from mecca
>freak out A'shadieeyah(?)
>>
>>34369620
>>34359190
>>
>>34369620
The punchline is that the viewer has no idea until the "lean back" that the dark-dressed one is wearing their clothes backwards.
>>
>>34358723
>purging the hippies
he wasnt a fan of them but he didn't fuck with them.
>>
>>34357952
As someone who has had a 686 for like 12 years, and as someone who has had 3 Ruger revolvers rendered inoperable from very light use compared to how heavy the 686 has been used, I'd say the 686. I only shoot .357 Magnum through it and it's still basically new
>>
>>34358029
$70 mags, can't use ammo with exposed lead, no .38 spc
>>
>>34359909

29's were backordered and going for sky high prices during the Dirty Harry craze. You wanna be after it fades and the markets gets flooded with LNIB 29's for cheap
>>
>>34364071
Dude in the FBI shootout they were basically using 9mm target ammo with nonexpanding hollowpoint projectiles instead of regular ol' ball
>>
>>34369948
t. S&W shill

Seriously, you're either completely full of fucking shit or have just had unbelievably bad luck since your experience runs contrary to that of the rest of the revolver shooting world. It's an objective fact that the Rugers are a simpler and hardier design than the S&W's. Not even a debate.
>>
>>34370031

Speed Six: ejector rod will not stop backing out (yes even with loctite), locks gun up 100% every box or two of ammo, have to knock it out with polymer gunsmithing hammer

Redhawk: barrel cant develops, lockup gets a little iffy, send to Ruger, receive note and unfixed gun "don't shoot this"

Single Six: factory matched (as in came with the gun, from the factory, in the box with the fucking gun, ordered direct from Ruger) .22 Magnum cylinder gets stuck in gun (not just with me but all 3 people in my family that've had it), .22 LR cylinder binds regularly
>>
>>34370103
Forgot to add, I actually carry a Ruger auto (it's on me right now!) and have had no problem with the two I have, and have also had problems with S&W's, just less problems (usually with finicky older autos, like I had a 6906 with a defect from the factory on the feed ramp)
>>
>>34369984
That's what I meant anon.
>>
>>34369959
>70 dollars
They're fucking $45 you dumb faggot, where are you finding them for twice their MSRP? Who's jewing you up?

For that matter, why would you shoot .38 Special in it? If you're not handloading you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>34370191
sheeeeit my bad I must have only looked at the nickel ones

One of the supposed draws of a .357 revolver is the ability to practice with cheap(ish) .38. Hell, the money saved from getting a revolver over a DE would keep the average shooter in .357 ammo for a while
>>
>>34370245
The Desert Eagle is really best utilized with handloads, it wants hot loaded FMJ or partially jacketed HP, ideally some decently clean burning stuff too, and the best way to get that is to handload, which also cuts down on cost dramatically, cheaper than a lot of common .357 or .44 plinking ammo.

Magnum automatics takes some dedication in one way or another, the Desert Eagle has the advantage of you being able to use any common .357 or .44 brass casings for handloading, which cuts on costs pretty dramatically compared a lot of the other ones which use special rimless cartridges where you often can't find readily the brass for it anymore, having to special order it.
Either way, it's a different ball game than a revolver.
>>
>>34370347
Exactly, the DE is kind of in a class of its own, and really seems (to me!) like a gun for someone that's pretty serious about magnum handgun shooting and will put the time and money into making it run as it should. Definitely not something the average pleb will appreciate or utilize to its fullest potential
>>
File: 20bucks.jpg (162KB, 879x670px) Image search: [Google]
20bucks.jpg
162KB, 879x670px
>carry a revolver
>listen to 80s dadrock on vinyl
>play classic vidya
>opposition to modern left wing social movements

these are all connected

today's world sucks so let's pretend we're not living in it
>>
>>34370526
What if I listen to all kinds of music from the past 50 years, play old and new vidya, like revolvers of all kinds and automatics of all kinds, and largely lean libertarian (the Ron Paul kind, not the Gary Johnson kind)?
>>
>>34370662
Then you're based.
>>
>>34370103
Pics or gtfo shill.
>>
>>34370683
I only still have the Redhawk, and all you can really see is the cant and the goofy cylinder, but gimme a minute
>>
>>34370683
PICS

http://imgur.com/a/XVtP4

The Speed Six got stolen, but its problems weren't visibly apparent

Single Six has been passed to another relative

I don't have the note, left it with the gunsmith I sent the Redhawk to Ruger through
>>
>>34370960
dang your shit is fucked up senpai
>>
>>34370960
Pistol is fine
>>
>>34371004
The worst part is I got it from a dude that bought it, fired a box or two of WWB through it, then put it in the top of his closet
>>
>>34370960
Send it back to Ruger again.
>>
>>34363312
>>34363658
function show_alert value="Show User" eval('x=10, y=20, document.write(x"y)')
>>
>>34370014
They also missed all but the famous two shots. Public officers and agents have always been terrible shots and it's only getting worse.
>>
>>34370662
I like your politics but you should know you aren't a libertarian and orthodox libertarians aren't going to fight for you. Libertarianism is born out of continental philosophy and Austrian economics, not English common law and Anglo-American liberalism. Orthodox libertarians always throw personal liberty under a bus first. Gary Johnson is a "better" libertarian than Ron Paul.
>>
>>34364042
Retards like you continuously bring up that they used 9mm and .38 handguns but don't understand that no fucking 10mm, .45 or 9x25mm would have changed the outcome of that gunfight.

They were apprehending a dangerous, violent and expert rifleman with a deathwish, armed with a .223 rifle, and instead of bringing M16s or the heavier armor they had available to them, or even waiting for SWAT, they just decided "Eh, we can take them."

So when Platt lit them up like Christmas because they bought handguns to a rifle fight, they tried to act like it was the fault of the handguns, not that they made a giant tactical blunder.
>>
>>34371336
>Gary Johnson is a "better" libertarian than Ron Paul.
The Libertarian Party and Gary Johnson are not actual libertarians.
Republicans and RINOs calling themselves Libertarians is the same as when Communists and Democrats called themselves Liberals because they thought it sounded better to general audiences.
>>
>>34371353
This is exactly why I keep a nugget in my trunk and a full bandolier
>>
>>34371372
No, that's the problem, they are libertarians. You are a liberal (classical liberal if you prefer) while libertarians believe in free markets above all else and admit the logical end is the nullification of personal rights and despotism in the name of state and economic liberty. Read up on Milton Friedman's politics and how they changed over time and read Hans Hermann Hoppe. As always, vote for the candidate, but know that aligning yourself with that ideology means what it means.
>>
File: platt-shot.gif (103KB, 720x1023px) Image search: [Google]
platt-shot.gif
103KB, 720x1023px
>>34371353
It literally was the fault of the handguns, though.
Partially, at least.
>>
>>34371454
In the sense that all handguns are mediocre killers/one shot stops at best and that they should have brought the assault rifles they had available, yes.

Are there better loads than what they used? Yes, but it's not like people have grown resistant to 9mm Luger or .38 Special over time, shit still hurts and shit still kills, but rifles hurt more, and stops and kills way faster.
>>
>>34350896
day of the rake?
>>
>prefer revolvers over semi-autos
>prefer bolt-actions over semi-autos

I just have a thing for manual, tried-and-true designs, I guess.
>>
>>34371454
Handguns in general maybe, if you're up against a trained rifleman with a carbine, all any pistol is going to do is get you killed.
>>
>>34365178
Would you recommend this as a first gun/CC?
>>
File: day of the rake.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
day of the rake.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>34372180
The Day Of The Rake is when THE FUCKING LEAF finally gets his comeuppance.
>>
File: LCRx3.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LCRx3.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>>34372626
Compacts are a bit harder to start out with, but it can be done.
If you don't need it to be really compact, they make a variant with a 3" long barrel, slightly longer grip and an exposed hammerspur, the LCRx3, which all makes for much easier shooting for a beginner.
It's obviously not as small though, but the longer grip is easier to handle, the longer sight radius makes for easier aiming, and starting out shooting single action to learn the fundamentals is not a bad idea.

That said, the LCR is a very good compact in .38 Special, .380ACP and 9mm Luger, avoid the .357 Magnum, it's a bit rough for how light the gun is, you want a light (yet potent enough) caliber like the former ones.
>>
>>34372626
Yes, because standard pressure .38 Special is no problem, even out of a snub.

If you can't handle +P in a snub like the LCR, just shoot standard pressure ammo.
>>
>>34357547
youngin is in the dictionary
>>
>>34358423
>being so poor you don't have tovreload at the range
Lol
>>
File: 1479337856079.png (898KB, 1278x516px) Image search: [Google]
1479337856079.png
898KB, 1278x516px
I don't know if there's a noticeable "movement" going on with revolvers but Lucky Gunner and people like Darryl Bolke have somewhat sparked some interest in me getting a 3 inch K-Frame.
>>
>>34372678
People on here were saying that the trigger pull is insane and that the recoil of the .38 was crazy too. Would you say thats accurate?
>>
>>34372865
What? No, who told you that?
.38 Special will kick more in a light snub than a service size revolver, but not by a huge amount, and certainly not in a way that's hefty or unpleasant for the average adult.

The trigger should be alright, the ones in .22LR and .22WMR will have stiffer triggers due to the cartridges being rimfire and requiring a bit of a stiffer spring for the hammer, but even that should be manageable.
>>
File: DSC_8625.jpg (285KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8625.jpg
285KB, 1536x1024px
I like wheelguns. Different shooting experience compared to autos.
>>
>>34372913
Have you shot it with one of those wooden boot grips by eaglegrips?
>>
File: 1498182620586.jpg (55KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
1498182620586.jpg
55KB, 1024x680px
>>34372865
>LCR
>insane trigger pull
>>
>>34350821
>excellent carry and general use pistols due to solid design

I get this feeling you've never actually carried one, or you've at least never carried a semi-auto. Handguns are much more comfortable and easier to carry than revolvers.

>high powered cartridges not available to auto pistol lines

Which is arbitrary considering you get pretty significant diminishing returns when getting larger calibers in handguns due to barrel length restrictions and thus can't fully utilize the hotter loads.

>wont jam or glocknade on you

Neither will any remotely decent handgun.
>>
>>34351035
This is the only real answer

I bought a revolver purely because they're just a really cool and fun novelty to have, not for any real practical reason.
>>
>>34361832
.357 mag and up pass the foot/pound threshold for temporary cavity expansion high enough to damage more flesh and organs around the permanent cavity. It's the same reason rifle rounds do more damage than the majority of pistol cartridges.
>>
>>34373327
>Damage more flesh and organs
Highly specific types of tissue, particularly in some organs-normal muscle tissue isn't affected. Not a reliable way to incapacitate a target by any measure, and certainly not worth the tradeoffs in recoil, capacity, or blast.
>>
File: Ellifritz_Failure_to_Incap.png (27KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
Ellifritz_Failure_to_Incap.png
27KB, 400x287px
>>34373403
>>
>>34373443
That's not an argument, and there have been a number of articles online debunking how stupid and useless that chart is.
>>
>>34373443

So 9mm has the same rate as .44 mag? How is that possible?
>>
>>34374063
Overpenetration maybe?
>>
>>34374063
People being incidentally shot with bullets meant for medium-large game versus people being intentionally shot with marginally-effective bullets designed for the task.
>>
>>34374164

So if you intentionally shoot someone with a 180gr JHP .44 that'll do the trick?
>>
>>34374233
I don't see why not.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.