[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/, got a simple question for you about carrying a 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1911-Colt_10[1].jpg (44KB, 758x685px) Image search: [Google]
1911-Colt_10[1].jpg
44KB, 758x685px
Alright /k/, got a simple question for you about carrying a 1911 safely in condition one. I know condition one (cocked and locked) is generally considered to be the best form of carry for a 1911, but I'm curious what the safest way is to unload the weapon from a condition one state. So let's say you are carrying your 1911 in condition one and you want to clean your pistol when you get home. What's the best way to return the weapon to a safe condition four (unloaded chamber and magazine with hammer down)?
>>
>>34350473
>hammer down
Oops I meant up I guess.
>>
>>34350473
I'll bite.
Drop mag. Finger off triger, lower thumb safety. Pull slide to rear ejecting unspent round. Lock slide in rear position. Look in gapping hole in top of slide to ensure empty.
>>
>remove magazine
>pull the slide fully to the rear so that it ejects the chambered round and locks back
>7 point check(chamber, body, face of bolt, magazine housing, chamber, body, face of bolt)
>release slide fully forward, fire off the action

Slightly worrying that this needed to be explained.
>>
>>34350473
>drop mag
>grab clearing bucket
>Fire remaining round into bucket
>clean gun
>>
File: 1498062208888.png (11KB, 445x431px) Image search: [Google]
1498062208888.png
11KB, 445x431px
>>34350473

Best way to return it to a safe condition is to give it to someone who knows what the fuck it is they are doing.
>>
>>34350495
>Slightly worrying that this needed to be explained.
so much this
>>
>go outside
>or use clearing bucket inside
>fire all rounds into the ground or clearing bucket untill empty
>clean gun.
>>
>magdump in a direction that is deemed safe
>drop slide
>pull trigger (it should go "click" now)
>replace magazine
ez
>>
Heys guys, look! I got 7 people to reply! Ive got lots of friends!
>>
>>34350473
>drop mag
>safety off
>point gun directly into mouth
>pull trigger
>gun is now empty
>>
>>34350473
>drop magazine
>point it at your nearest daughter
>watch this
>100% guaranteed empty chamber
>>
>>34350473
1. Drop magazine
2. eject chambered round.
Don't bother to drop the hammer. You don't need to do that to clean it.
>>
>drop mag
>drop gun
>drop out of life
>>
>>34350505
For real.

Wtf Op
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.