[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the shooting scene in countries other than the great US of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3879.jpg (190KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3879.jpg
190KB, 300x423px
Is the shooting scene in countries other than the great US of A really as bad as /k/ makes it out to be? Are there any other countries where you could legally defend yourself with a firearm?
>>
>>34348564
Apparently Czechoslovakia has CC permits and while they take some effort to acquire, personal defense is an accepted reason to apply.

I'd assume that this means that self defense with a firearm is legal there, though what the ramifications would be are anybody but a czechbros guess.
>>
File: 1490075346476.png (937KB, 776x795px) Image search: [Google]
1490075346476.png
937KB, 776x795px
bump
>>
>>34348594
>bumping when a thread's on the first page
>>
>>34348564
Switzerland, New Zealand, and Canada are somewhat okay
>>
>>34349000
>New Zealand
Self defense in the American definition is not a thing here. If somebody is punching you in the head, picking up a barstool is considered escalating the situation and not a "reasonable or proportional use of force", you'll get in shit for it. Also, having a using a gun to kill in self defense is considered premeditated murder, since in order to practically use a gun, it would need to have been out of your legally required gunsafe/cage beforehand. Therefore CC is obviously not a thing either. Americans who move here to take advantage of our "fucking based" gun laws with unrestricted suppressors and cheap Slav milsurp never seem to realize they're moving to a less sunny California.
>>
>>34349000
this to be honest
I can walk down to the local Canadian Tire in the rich liberal yuppie paradise of Vancouver and pick up openly displayed (albeit behind a glass case) .30-06 and .22LR and gun accessories no problem.
>>
>>34349086
And HD is ok, as is CCW in turbo-rare cases (or if you just go full CTG). The market here is diverse, and shooting is ever more popular. My biggest complaint is how the RCMP get get away with (((((((reinterpreting))))))) the law as they see fit, and how they will attempt to drag out your case and hit you in the finances, even if your HD shoot was perfectly fine.
>>
>>34349085
Actually California, despite having atrocious gun laws, has pretty darn decent self-defense laws, with full castle doctrine and no duty to retreat. I never understood the how foreign societies have accepted a complete surrender of their legal right to simple self-preservation.
>>
>>34349128
Like always: it sounded a good idea at the time.
>>
>>34349107
I''ve even noticed Safeway stocking gun magazines like Recoil.
I think canadian gun culture is slowly inching their way out of the dark days of the 90's and 2000's, although with the libs in power who knows what will happen.
I hope that fuck Goodale has a goddam stroke.
>>
>>34349085

on the bright side at least you haven't stooped to cuckstralia's level.
>>
>>34349175
Is Canadian Safeway any better than ours? The American ones are owned by Albertsons, which is explicitly anti-gun and here in Texas they put up 30.06 signs pretty quickly. I hear syrup Safeway is owned by some Canadian company though.
>>
>>34349259
Its a supermarket, they all sort of blend together to me. I don't really shop there often, there's a Superstore nearer by to where I live.
>>
>>34348564
It is pretty much as bad as you think in Australia.
The licencing system is convoluted as fuck and littered with red tape, everything is so fucking expensive ($1000+ for almost anything centrefire, $1 a round for .223 is a good price etc.), the media hates us and the public wants to keep gun culture as far away from mainstream culture as possible.
Also there's been a recent string of break ins and cop killings, so we've got another gun amnesty going on.
Although oddly though gun owners are starting to come out a bit more, and there's actually a show out called 'Hunting the Menu' that's all about hunting and fishing that we tried to get on TV, which somehow actually made it to some tv channels.
>>
>>34349309
*$1000 for almost any rifle in centrefire
Also handgun laws are just purely fucked, so fuck all people own/shoot them
>>
>>34349311
What about shotguns ?
>>
>>34349324
O/U's will run you at least $1000, however the new lever actions (Adler, Uzkon etc.) are about $700-850
There's also some straight pull shotguns floating around the marketplace which are around the same price.
Also Pump Actions and Semi-Auto shotguns with a mag capacity of 5+1 or less are Cat C, which means unless your a cop, military or a farmer you won't get them.
Any shotgun with a mag cap >5+1 is Cat D, so only cops and military can get them.
>>
here in my cunt it's not too bad as far as getting a weapon does
self-defense is not a reason to own a gun (save from special circumstances) but you can get one for "sport" and you're good
kinda expensive though, shotguns aside anything above .22LR starts at 300 eurobux (which for an SKS isn't too bad, but those can fuck you over with registration)
all that and the only way to get a suppressor without getting your shit pushed in is "finding one laying around" because of retarded legislation
home defense with a gun recently got "sort of" approved, but only at night or when the intruder is violent, whatever that means
we recently got completely cucked out of kinda-ok-tier mags (with the cap for "common firearms" going from 29 to 10) because of bongs being pretty much the only ones who voted and you can only hunt with fudd guns because reasons, but hey, it's not like the police has to know about that full-auto AK in the cellar and those bodies in the backyard
>>
>>34348564
Imagine a firearms community made up of 90% leftist fudds and competition shooters and you pretty much have Europe.
>>
>>34349128
Most of them are monarchies, dictatorships, or the successor states thereof. The concept of the citizen as the highest power in government or the right to defend yourself from an unjust state isn't very common.
>>
File: Te Pepe1.jpg (168KB, 1700x993px) Image search: [Google]
Te Pepe1.jpg
168KB, 1700x993px
>>34349000
NZ is cucked.
>>
>>34349551
I get that. No, what I mean is self-defense laws. A hundred years ago an Englishman would be expected to shoot someone who was breaking into his house at night. Today he can be prosecuted for waving a cooking knife at a burglar through a window.

How do things get this bad in a literate society with democratic governments? Do they not read the laws they're voting on? I don't like appealing to "common sense" but what the fuck do they expect out of legislating against basic human survival instincts? Actual, modern dictatorships and undeveloped shitholes are generally better on this sort of thing than much of the West.
>>
>>34349587
It's the Jews, and other marxists. They infiltrated decades ago and are trying to disarm the West so that we can't stop them again. That's why they panic every time Trump and Putin try to improve relations - all their subversion means diddly squat against a dozen aircraft carriers and 30,000 nukes.
>>
>>34348578
Czechoslovakia is not a country and and hasn't been for almost 25 years. You're thinking of the Czech republic.

And yes, self defense with a gun there is about as straight-forward as in the US.
>>
>>34349259
I remember walking into a Safeway in Vancouver and being extremely confused as to why there was no alcohol. Then when I went to a canadian liquor store, I was confused why everything was SO DAMN EXPENSIVE. LIKE GODDAMN CANADA HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH WINTER WHEN YOUR ALCOHOL COSTS AS MUCH AS A SMALL HOUSE?
>>
>>34349385
Which country do you live in? Finland?
>>
Finn here, legal self defence requires you to use the least violence possible and you have to retreat from your house and so on if possible. Shooting an intruder can be legal if the court deems that it was the only available option to protect the lives of yourself and your family. Gun rights are almost nonexistant as a political issue but have recently been worsened as knee jerk reactions to two school shootings.

Some fella killed an intruder with an illegal shotgun he had and only got 30 days for firearms violation and some minor drug possession, the attacker had shot at him first with a .22 so court saw that shooting the man was the only option.
>>
>>34350371
spaghettiland, actually
I thought the name made it obvious
>>
>watch some euro shooting videos
>"our gun laws are great! we can own ARs with thirty round mags!"
>can't use it to defend themselves
>can't shoot them anywhere besides designated ranges, even if it's their own property
>need to be fucking loaded to buy a license for one and need to go through the typical EU bureaucracy to buy one
That's not what "good gun laws" means buddy
>>
>>34351987
nobody said we like this draconian nightmare, just that it isn't Ausfailia-tier (yet)
>>
>>34351163
Is there any gun clubs in italy? Or magazines or whatever?
>>
>>34349560
Still better than Australia
>>
>>34349617
Sorry, I always get the two mixed up.
>>
>>34354049
there are a few, yes
most magazines are for hunting tho
plenty of clubs too
>>
>>34349587
>How do things get this bad in a literate society with democratic governments?
Democracy is rule of the idiot majority, which is not equipped with the mental capacity required to complete the most simple and straight-forward higher education. Literacy is of no use without capacity for somewhat demanding (cause-effect) abstract reasoning.
>>
Switzerland has a decent shooting scene with an extremely large fudd population and an active tactical/combat shooting scene. Switzerland is a small and densely populated country, therefore shooting must be done in shooting ranges or indoors (as long as it's safe and your neighbors don't hear it). You can ask for authorizations to shoot on your land, but this is fairly bureaucratic (noise, pollution, safety...).

Full-auto guns and silencers can be purchased if you have a special license, but then you'll have to accept that cops will show up for controls every year or every two years to check that the guns are safely stored. Full-auto guns aren't even much more expensive than normal guns (full-auto AKs are around $1600).

CC licenses are almost impossible to obtain as you need a valid reason to have one. If you're a millionaire it will get refused because you can pay for bodyguards. Being a jeweler who got robbed isn't a sufficient reason, either. But if you have a violent ex-husband with a criminal record, that might do the trick.

Self-defense laws are complex. You are allowed to shoot someone to protect your life or a family members life, but there is also a rule of proportionality that applies - if you're a woman and you shoot a burglar who attacks you it's ok, but if you're a 200 pounds MMA champion and you shout a 100 pound gypsy burglar, you'll have problems. It will be the judge who decides if shooting was ok or not.
>>
>>34358073
So, you're saying that being a lanky manlet is an advantage over there?
>>
>>34358073
>It will be the judge who decides if shooting was ok or not.
it's the same in australia. on paper you can murder someone attempting to rob you as long as the average sensible civilian would believe that their life is endangered in such a situation, but in the end you're going to be judged by... well, the type of person who spends 20+ years judging others. a quick look at society will show you who those people are.
>>
>>34358081
Definitely, yes.
>>
Eh I'll just answer the self defense/CC question, don't wanna get into a shitstorm about other gun regulations here in Slovenia.
You can CC a gun if you prove to court that your life is in danger and the gun could save you. But I have no idea how easy that is to do or how many people actually do it.
Self defense is legal here, but the problem is that the law is pretty vague about it. In pretty much every prominent case I can remember the defendant got off without charges, but a pissed off judge could rule it was not justified.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.