[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Howdy /k/, not having a good night right now. How would going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7325.png (105KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7325.png
105KB, 283x302px
Howdy /k/, not having a good night right now.

How would going in and seeing a doctor about my depression effect my gun rights?
>>
Probably won't affect them at all.
I recommend locking up your weapons if you start any meds.
Some of them work out ok but occasionally people can have issues adjusting.
>>
Anything in particular have you feeling fucked or is it just a general feeling?
>>
>>34347554
Nah it's just been this way for about 8 months now.

There are moments of legitimate joy and sometimes I don't feel bad at all but it seems like it just always creeps up on me again.
>>
>>34347575
Nothing wrong with getting some help.
I battled depression for years.
Still do but I know how to better handle it and can recognize when I'm headed for a hole.
Good luck man.
>>
>>34347413
Your gun rights should not suffer for seeking aid yourself. That being said, don't tell your doctors you have guns, but do follow >>34347544 's advice. Practice some self help stuff too, go to therapy, drugs help but they don't make the problems go away, they are very deep seated and you have to work to heal them.
>>
>>34347413
You could go see a doctor but it's not gonna do shit. You have to take control of your emotions and mind.
>>
>>34347413
I have a hereditary propensity for anxiety and depression and have been seeing shrinks and such since childhood (they actually helped a lot and I'm now anti-NEET). I have always be forthcoming about my firearms and it has never caused me any problems.

Getting help when you need it part of being a responsible gun owner. We are not the ones to worry about.
>>
>>34347413
MD here. Not at all.
>>
>>34347413

I've had anxiety for years, and go back and forth with what I believe might be a milder form of depression, and have hesitated to seek therapy for the same reasons as you anon, but from what i gather unless you're involuntarily committed (ie the state or your family commits you) you're fine, the gun store running your NICS check doesn't see that you had a hard time and sought some help/guidance, and therefore has no reason not to sell you a gun
>>
>>34347413
As long as it's VOLUNTARY you are fine.
>>
>>34347413

Nothing wrong with getting help. When I was younger (18-19), I had bad depression spirals and suicidal thoughts. During the treatment, I had my friends hold onto my guns for me, just in case, until I was out. Everything was fine, never had any trouble since. Get help anon, you'll feel better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.