[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are teacup grip and chickenwinging really THAT bad? Today I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ProperGrips.png (198KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
ProperGrips.png
198KB, 600x238px
Are teacup grip and chickenwinging really THAT bad? Today I was at the range and I started shooting teacup just for shits and giggles and it didn't really affect my groupings or anything. Didn't feel like the gun was heavier/harder to control/had more recoil either.

And I realized nobody ever gave me a reason why these grips are bad. And then you got chickenwinging, which was apparently taught in the army up until 2 decades ago
>>
File: 1458414320642.png (2MB, 1877x981px) Image search: [Google]
1458414320642.png
2MB, 1877x981px
>>34338541
>>
>>34338541
Handguns were originally designed to be fired one handed. As long as it's safe, do whatever is comfortable.
>>
Did you try magdumping with the teacup grip? It's not the biggest sin a shooter could commit, it's just a pretty terrible grip for maintaining control during rapid fire.

As for chicken winging it's a matter of presenting a somewhat larger target and, again, about providing a higher level of control over your weapon.
>>
Both methods were taught to police and military, but as time went on people discovered flaws/more comfortable ways to hold it. If it works for you do it, fuck people, if you dont have a reason for telling me not to do something then you can fuck off mom.
>>
>>34338541
Chicken winging is fine for 99% of people, only autistic coach commandos care about it. Literally you are sacrificing a better shooting position for the sake of placing your plate (if you're wearing one) front on to the target, making yourself stick out slightly less, and not bang your elbow on doors.

Are you a high-speed low drag Turbo fag? No? Then chicken wing to your heart's content.
>>
>>34338541
i always use my left hand index finger to grip the front of the trigger guard, allows for minute adjustments to aim.

>t. someone who shoots better than most of you faggots
>>
>>34338541
Teacupping doesn't really have any advantages. It doesn't give you as much control, and doesn't make the gun easier to lift than just rolling your support hand forward. No, it's not the worst thing, but I don't see why someone would be insistent on using it.
>>
>>34338541
Chicken-winging doesn't matter much for most people, but tea-cupping means sacrificing massive amounts of recoil control and may lead to poor feeding in recoil-locked guns.
>>
My grandfather taught me that teacup was fine for revolvers but not semi-autos.

As for chicken-wing, what does it really do?
How could an outward hold of your elbow be a better stance than having it close to your body and a tighter body support system than chicken-winging?

It looks stupid and feels less secure/tight.

I don't understand what argument could be made for chicken-winging
>>
>>34338541
Chicken wing is more accurate. Look at olympic, and target shooters.
If someone's shooting back you are a bigger target though. And if you get hit, it's more likely to be in side, or in a way armour won't protect as well.
Different stances for different shooting applications. Like the CAR shooting method. I believe it's like martial arts, and learning about different styles, and when to use them can only help.
>>
>>34338541
Tea cupping reduces your ability to control recoil. It won't affect your groupings if you're firing slowly but you'll find that you're much less accurate when firing rapidly than if you were using Weaver or Isosceles
>>
>>34338817
>If someone's shooting back you are a bigger target though.
you are actually a smaller target or people were until everyone got fat. less likely to get shot in the torso more likely to get hit in the arm

> And if you get hit, it's more likely to be in side, or in a way armor won't protect as well.
the widespread use of body armor is what killed chickenwinging. you want the plate to get hit sqare on rather than get shot though the side or armpit with no plate coverage.
>>
>>34338541
Tea cupping a revolver is okay...dosen't help you with recoil at all, but just like how you never see grunts doing thumb over bore because shit gets heavy when holding a rifle all day and they grab the magwell instead, it just help support the weight of the weapon because our monkey arms were not meant to be out streched for long periods of time, there's a reason why holding your rifle out streched is a punishment in the military.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.