[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had not realized or acknowledged the wound vectors. They a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1413.jpg (57KB, 598x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1413.jpg
57KB, 598x383px
I had not realized or acknowledged the wound vectors.
They are really powerful guns and with the 50 round clip, I don't understand why we aren't using them?
https://youtu.be/NjlCVW_ouL8
>>
>>34335376
mythbusters did this. Cutting trees with anything short of a minigun is impossible
>>
File: darth-vader-3.jpeg.cf.jpg (41KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-3.jpeg.cf.jpg
41KB, 640x400px
>>34336247
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
>>
>>34336247
No, mythbusters tried to chop down an absurdly large petrified tree with a low power round.
My buds and I have chopped down normal sized trees by blatting at them many times and there are youtube vids out there showing how easy it is.

Mythbusters are fucking garbage.

Also, those target logs in SG1 had already been blasted to shit with energy weapons.
>>
>>34335376
Why did air force with very little equipment get sent in when usmc or other should have gone in?
>>
>>34336695
They had Marines early in Season 1 but they all got BTFO by actual cavemen and never came back after that.
>>
Which has better wound vectors, 5.45 or 5.7?
>>
>>34336738
>Air Force does infantry combat
>not Army or Marines
There are MANY things wrong with SG1, to include P90's.
>>
>>34336247

LOL, we do it all the time.
>>
>>34336738
>They had Marines early in Season 1 but they all got BTFO by actual cavemen and never came back after that.
A couple of the SG teams are actually marine fireteams. They're just called in when resistance is encountered or someone needs rescuing.

I forget the actual designations because it doesn't matter but only a handful of the SG teams are actually exploration/first-contact teams like SG1, others are assault teams and stuff. Those aren't 4-man either.

And look, somebody made a list.
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/SG_team
>>
>>34338132
>Air Force does infantry combat
Air Force started the program.
But if you look at any of the episodes where they're recruiting, they consider all branches. AF were just the first in.
>>
>>34336247
As a side match at cowboy action shoots we'd sometimes have 2 squads setup with a piece of railway tie each. First squad to cut the tie wins. Only took a few minutes with 10-15 people dumping 38's 44's and 45's into it.
>>
>>34336247
What? I literally cut down saplings with a bolt action .22 when I was a kid.
>>
Wtf i just watched this clip today on youtube, it was in my suggested.

MIND OPS ALPHABET SOUP IS COMING
>>
File: 1497750463976.jpg (10KB, 513x497px) Image search: [Google]
1497750463976.jpg
10KB, 513x497px
>>34336695
>Why did air force with very little equipment
>very little equipment
>USAF
>no equipment
I'm sorry, but are you dumb? Genuinely curious, because if there's a branch that gets money literally thrown at it it's them.

Or are you trying to say that the USAF isn't allowed to own P90s because if so I'm going to laugh at you and call you a retard.

>>34338132
>>Air Force does infantry combat
Also USAF has had ground elements since it's inception, but in the modern era there are two things that stand out: CCTs and SOWTs. To say that the USAF has nobody capable of fighting retards in metal armor and literal boomsticks is just stupid and naive. Also this isn't mentioning pararescue and everyone else under AFSOC.
>>
>>34336818
>>
>>34335376
>that moment at 2:35 where he muzzle sweeps her and she flinches
LMAO
>>
>>34340532
Wow, I never noticed that.
WTF. I love Amanda Tapping now.
>>
>>34336695
If the good guys have reasonable amounts of gear then it would be too much of a strain on suspension of disbelief as to why they can't deal with the bad guy of the week with what they actually brought with them and thus have to follow the native goatfucker down the yellow brick road to get the magical macguffin.

The incentive to use the P90 was that it was fluffy - durr lighter round carry more boolit on expeditionary force and all of that - but it was also a way to differentiate the show from all other scifi shows that either pulled out M4s/M16s when shit got tough or had to rely on shitty prop guns that didn't actually go bang.

So now you have a real meme gun that (at the time) was relatively unknown and that actually goes bang, but isn't the standard issue
>>
>>34340545
Amanda Tapping was, is, and will always be top bae. Even when she got old and dried up
https://youtu.be/RTL3DPCEPcQ
>>
>>34340561
>British accent
WTF, I hate Amanda Tapppmg now.
>>
>>34336247
>Mythbuster

>Hey guys we got a crazy myth for you
>People are saying you can cut down small trees with guns
>Now to test this myth we need to recreate the circumstances accurately
>Here, this 2000 year old redwood should do just fine
>Now let me hand this .22lr to my friend who has never touched a gun once in his life, and see if he can cut it down
>Well I guess that myth was busted
>*Sets off random explosion*

Every single episode of mythbusters
>>
>>34340573
She just did that for that one shitty show, she's American/Canadian
>>
>>34338301
I watched it yesterday and today there's a thread about it, spooky.
>>
mfw just watched this episode yesterday.
>>
I always found this show a little goofy, I guess it's supposed to be a little.

You would think they wouldn't want the people to make first contact with aliens to look like soldiers carrying guns. In Star Trek they would get dressed in the formal attire to greet a new species.
>>
>>34340631
Stargate always had an almost colonialism feel to it.
>>
>>34336247
I'm english and can tell you for a fact that people cut down trees with 12 gauges. It entirely depends on the tree, the round, the range, et cetera.
>>
>>34340638

Lol yeah, especially since most of the "aliens" were actually humans. When they did meet real aliens they got BTFO.
>>
>>34336247

So?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
>>
>>34340646

I'm an Arborist and I can tell you, that your talking a load of bollocks.

You cannot fell a tree with birdshot.
>>
>>34340658
im telling you as a firearms enthusiast even a blank will cut down a sapling just from the pressure wave if it's point blank
>>
>>34340658
I'm someone who's seen it with my own eyes and I can tell you that I don't care what you think. lol. Arborist.

>>34340663
Don't know anything about that but small thin trees can absolutely be btfo by birdshot.
>>
File: 1497981981593.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
1497981981593.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>34335376
ah p90 the only weapon i fell in love its like it was made to give me an erection
>>
>>34340667

No you haven't. How many rounds did it take then? What Diameter tree?

>I've felled trees with explosives and its harder than you think

Come on then young britfag, regale us with your tale.
>>
>>34338132

The air force can have infantry, just not throught the meatgrinder perspective of marines and army.

For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Special_Operations_Command#Personnel_and_resources
>>
Somebody wanna explain the wound vectors meme?
>>
>>34340532
noice
>>
>>34340573
>hating foreigners
Half of Hollywood is British/Canadian/Australian, man.

It creates some strange, mixed accents, like Anthony LaPaglia's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOUDyx9fAsY

>fun fact: my fifth grade teacher was good friends with him growing up
>>
>>34340681
No
>>
>>34340699
>turning this into a hating foreigners thing for no fucking reason
lmao
>>
>>34340582
This. I'll admit I liked that show early on but over time it got too hard to ignore their mental gymnastics and bullshit "experiments". It stopped being about myth busting and became
>everyone knows this thing but we'll bend over backwards to create a situation where it doesn't work cause we're smarter than you
>>
File: $_35.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>34340708
>no fucking reason
>British accent
>WTF, I hate [...]
S H I F T I N G
P
A
N
N
E
R
>>
>>34340716
>Brits =! all non-Americans
Wow, really made me thing.
>>
>>34340718
Well, it would've been far too hyperbolical if I said half of Hollywood is British. I had to include a few nationalities to make it more reasonable.
>>
>>34340724
The guy originally just said something about her British accent, which I assume he was unaware she put on for a TV show she did (Sanctuary). He demonstrated disdain for the cosmopolitan British limey fucks, as any red blooded America with a sense of himself and history should, which you turned into something about other non-American nationalities because you're just a faggot like that apparently.
>>
File: 200% smug.jpg (54KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
200% smug.jpg
54KB, 480x720px
>>34340737
Says the guy that keeps pushing the issue, not unlike a homosexual pushing his throbbing penis into another man's anus.

I bet you're one of those faggots who shits up threads with pro-IRA plastic paddy bullshit, too.
>>
>>34340737
>red blooded America with a sense of himself and history

I'm not that guy and I think you yanks are good guys, but holy old fuck do I get a good chuckle when you guys start bringing up history. Especially early American history.
>>
>>34340699
>not hating Hollywood
You don't belong here.
>>
>>34340805
>You don't belong here.
I'm noguns, I definitely belong here.
>>
>>34340756
>>34340767
One of you is
>>34340820
And it makes sense why
>>
>>34340829
I bet you're some hasguns faggot.

Your kind doesn't belong here.
>>
File: 1448919466567.jpg (211KB, 760x749px) Image search: [Google]
1448919466567.jpg
211KB, 760x749px
>>34340835
Welp, you caught me
>>
>>34340869
Makes sense really. Even the least devoted Ianeophyte knows that Ian is, frankly, a redditfag.
>>
>>34335376
>tfw you will never get to be Sam Carter's loving husbando
>>
>>34340869
>Alpenflage pants with a navy top.
I love Ian, but someone should slap him for that.
>>
>>34340546
they used P90's because the armourer was able to get a good deal for shit loads of 5.7 blanks that were just sitting around.
The scifi look of the P90 was a bonus.
>>
>>34340646
>>34340658
>>34340667
>talking a load of bollocks
Bongs, when will you learn?

"Arborist" here (lol) saying that buckshot will eventually cut through wood because any fucking mongoloid retard knows that shot is harder than wood and that means the shot wins. Eventually. So yes, you could even fell a giant sequoia with a Rossi single-shot if you worked for a year at it.

Short term yes you can cut limbs off that refuse to fall with 12 gauge anything and property owners kek every time. One guy even joined in when I told him I couldn't climb up and get it because of how it would swing.

>tfw you get paid real actual money to shoot guns with a retired guy
>at a tree branch almost pulled right off by a freak storm
>on his property
>and you gain a friend too
Feels great.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.