[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else want to see a rifle with a simplified version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1492535704573.jpg (114KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1492535704573.jpg
114KB, 1280x850px
Does anyone else want to see a rifle with a simplified version of the G11 action?

I mean without that whole 3 round burst thingy you could really make a sleek, light, and small rifle with this action.

I wouldn't be surprised if it weighed like 5 pounds with the form factor of a pistol caliber carbine.

You could obviously make it into a bullpup but i could totally see it working with a traditional rifle stock as well.
>>
>>34334295

>Kraut Spess Magic

IIRC Shit's so complicated that supposedly, the initial doctrine wanted the whole action/assembly to be swapped in field with a new one.
>>
>>34334318
This is correct. They were hermetically sealed to prevent anything from getting in, and they were 'not supposed' to fail. If it did, you'd go to the armory, and they'd just hand you a box with a new one you just slap right in.
>>
>>34334341
>>34334318
I mean honestly that doesn't really seem like all THAT bad of a system, i mean yeah sure you can't fix a malfunction during a firefight but with a system that well sealed i doubt it would have malfunctioned very often.
>>
>>34334387

That means when you purchase the G11 you have to procure more assembly/action parts than rifle count.
>>
File: G41_2014-02-01_18-02.jpg (33KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
G41_2014-02-01_18-02.jpg
33KB, 640x388px
Here's something better.
>>
>>34334576
>bulky
>unaesthetic
>heavy

How about no.
>>
>>34334471
Well i mean isn't that the case with every rifle? you've gotta have some replacement parts.
>>
>>34334471
Bits on guns break.

You replace those bits with new bits. That are not in existing rifles.

Any large order of weapons will require a certain number of spares anyway. No one 'just' orders 5,000 AR15s for example. There would be a whole logistics and maintainance package too.
>>
>>34334610
Think you got that mixed up with that shit block you actually consider a "viable rifle".
>>
>>34334664
I mean cmon wasn't one of the main selling points of roller delayed blowback that it makes for a light gun? How does the G41 manage to weigh 9 goddamn pounds then?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.