[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/, /diy/nosaur here. Genuine question: what material do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: FLIR_Camo-vs-Thermal.jpg (387KB, 1315x489px) Image search: [Google]
FLIR_Camo-vs-Thermal.jpg
387KB, 1315x489px
Sup /k/, /diy/nosaur here.

Genuine question: what material do they use to counter contemporary thermal cameras? It seems incredibly difficult. Must not be too absorbent or it will produce a black spot, has to warm up and cool down as the surroundings do, has to be moisture permeable, must not restrict movement, has to be weather resistant, must not degrade during washing, etc. Do they use multiple layers, nanoparticles? Some kind of engineered polymer? No, I am not trying to create one myself just bumped into a conversation the other day and I'm interested. Technical answers would be highly appreciated.
>>
>>34332871
Car windows

Someone post it
>>
>>34332894
>>34332871
Forgot to say: I am thinking about clothing.
>>
File: VGmK6ry_d.jpg (70KB, 640x823px) Image search: [Google]
VGmK6ry_d.jpg
70KB, 640x823px
Here op already done for you
>>
>>34332915
I had this coming I suppose. I did not know about this screencap. Fair enough, car windows do block IR and UV to some extent but it seems incredibly inconvenient to fashion clothing out of them. Anything else?
>>
>>34332948
Not much will Anon I suggest VCR lining the clothes though if you have a swearer you could smash up the glass and put it on like tiles .
>>
>>34333006
*sigh* okay, I get it, I'll just go to /b/ and go fuck myself while at it.
>>
>>34333085
Really Anon IR isn't easy to counter try googling it first not much you can do
>>
>>34332871
Your best bet is to walk around in a stupid amount of insulated clothing. I'm talking Mt Everest tier jacket and pants. Pray to god that your body heat won't make it through all the layers. But in reality you can't defeat it while still maintaining mobility and within a reasonable budget.
>>
File: Counter to thermal.jpg (9KB, 220x146px) Image search: [Google]
Counter to thermal.jpg
9KB, 220x146px
>>34332871
Foxhole, periscope wraped in foliage?
>>
>>34333136
I have already tried google.
>>
>>34333156
Reasonable budget? The question was merely theoretical, so let's assume I have all the money I need.
>>
>>34332871
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure the military uses a dye in the uniforms since BDUs to lessen the IR signature. Thermal is a different story though I think.
>>
The coatings aim to reduce NIR reflectivity to reduce visibility in NVGs, reducing visibility in thermal imaging is possible by insulating yourself, by wrapping foil around your body underneath your clothing for example, this is only really possible during light load in the winter though because you risk killing yourself by overheating otherwise. If you aren't willing to do that then you should choose to wear clothing that is as baggy as possible, so skin contact is minimised.
>>
>>34333452
>>34333566
Thanks Anons. Please go on if you have the time.
>>
>>34333271
If money is not an issue then I'm sure you come create some sort of closed circuit insulated moon suit that prevents any of you body heat fro leaking out and also has the ability to regulate the temperature of it's outer most layer to help blend with the background. The tech exists, it's just not practical. With modern IIR tech, a temp difference of only a few fractions of a degree can make you stand out against background heat levels. Much like Carl, even if you fully insulate yourself, you then created a "void" which is very easily detectable, so you need some way of melding with your background. This isn't too hard if you are alone in the middle of an empty desert, but when you add in various forms of vegetation and man made objects (which all radiate differently) it becomes almost impossible to mask yourself in a dynamic way.
>>
>>34333794
>closed circuit insulated moon suit that prevents any of you body heat fro leaking out and also has the ability to regulate the temperature of it's outer most layer to help blend with the background
It is already done by BAE Systems (Sweden) as far as I know. It's called Adaptiv and and it can mask, e.g. a tank, to have the IR cross-section of an SUV. Pic related.
>>
>>34333874
shit, forgot pic
>>
Final self-bump
>>
>>34334898
Horse poop, not kidding.
>>
>>34332871
>/diy/
>Thinly veiled shipping container thread
Go back to your containment board.
>>
>>34334939
wat
>>
>>34335655
You know what, now scoot.
>>
>>34334939
>>34336174
Not anon, but what are you talking about you double nigger?
>>
>>34332871
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-ft-x-8-ft-fiberglass-welding-blanket-95015.html

dont get it in your eyes

t. FLIR scope owner
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.