[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Work as range safety officer for 4 years >Supervised literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: 1311947803699.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1311947803699.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>Work as range safety officer for 4 years
>Supervised literally thousands of shooters
>Have come across maybe 3 people that can shoot for half a shit
>Have to eject some shithead off the range at least once a week for gross negligence and unsafe practices, had to call the police several times for people who refused to leave
>mfw this experience has actually taken me from hardcore extremist libertarian "let us own MANPADS and machine guns", to leaning me towards more stringent gun control

It hurts
>>
>>34331822
>>
Get fucked commie
>>
SHALL
>>
stubbing your vagina doesn't count as a work-related injury, tough guy
>>
>>34331822
commies git out rreeeee
>>
I only wish for mandatory classes.
>>
Retards like that I have zero sympathy for, let them have FA's and Explosives so they can weed themselves out of the gene pool.
>>
>>34331982
Mandatory military conscription would probably be better.
>>
>>34331993
Fuck off
>>
>>34331822
>this experience has actually taken me from hardcore extremist libertarian "let us own MANPADS and machine guns", to leaning me towards more stringent gun control

you forgot to say

"in the form of firearms training for youngsters so they don't grow up to be fucking retards you have to keep an eye on at the range"
>>
File: not.jpg (513KB, 1146x1148px) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
513KB, 1146x1148px
>>34331822

tom hanks = faggot

op = libtard
>>
>>34331960

MY
>>
>>34332035
BENIS
>>
>>34332044

FUG XDD
>>
>>34331822
People who know how to shoot don't go to places where a range safety officer is going to be looking over their shoulder.
>>
File: Delete.jpg (48KB, 655x488px) Image search: [Google]
Delete.jpg
48KB, 655x488px
>>34331822
>>
>>34331993
It's bad enough that gangs are sending their men into service to learn how to fight, ambush, and use military hardware. Conscription on a large scale would make that even worse.
>>
>>34331822
>range safety officer
You're the worst kind of person. My range doesn't have any officers of any kind. There has never been an injury. Whatever arbitrary rules you thought mattered, like no steel case or no targets other than paper, didn't really matter.
>>
>>34332248
Idk you could argue that putting people like that through military might actually teach them a thing or two about being disciplined and responsible.

I'm not saying that military can magically turn degenerates into model citizens, but I grew up in a kinda shitty area with a lot of crime social decay, but all the people I've known who enlisted came out on the other side functioning members or society.
>>
>>34331822
I can actually believe OP. But in all fairness, what one usually sees at ranges with staff RSOs are new shooters and casual shooters both who make big mistakes.

New shooters are not always sure of all the safety rules and not conscious of the danger guns can be. Hence why they need constant attention and guidance. Same thing as for casuals. They are at best just a step above new shooters.

As for accuracy, see the fact that very very few people have a natural talent for shooting. Of all of my friends, only one has any kind of natural talent for shooting of any kind. Shooting is one of those things that you need to practice to be good at.

People who are serious about shooting eventually find a range with closed or semi-closed membership or start shooting on their own property. Going to the standard pay as you go type range gets expensive, in an already expensive hobby.

As for OP's need to eject people, my guess is OP works at a retail gun range. As anybody who has worked retail can tell you, people are horrible and they need to burn.
>>
>>34332248

except every one else would be trained too, have a better chance of taking them down and not relying on police to show up and do it for you.

You probably dont even carry a gun, expect the police to protect.

Get fucked faggot.
>>
>>34332269
OP here. I do not enforce any of that horseshit. I only enforce SAFETY. When some 18 year old pulls up to the range with his gf to take her shooting for the first time, I follow them like a hawk because I KNOW they will muzzle sweep people at some point, I KNOW they will not have proper TD, I KNOW they will not keep weapons downrange at all times. Every. Single. Time. Like clockwork.

For whatever reason large groups of Hispanics are always a safety concern too.

I have seen several NDs, people shooting the shade covers and shit... it's just amazing.
I honest to God do think there should be a FREE mandatory basic gun safety class you have to take (only once) to be able to own a gun
>>
>>34332280
>natural talent for shooting...Shooting is one of those things that you need to practice to be good at.
choose one
>>
>>34332008
>politics allowed discussion on /k/ when?
Never again hopefully. /pol/ """"""discussions"""""" absolutely ruin boards.
>>
>>34331822
I bet you work for one of those ranges where the RSO treats everyone like a 3 year old and doesn't allow people to shoot more than one round every 5 seconds.

These types of ranges tend to be self fulfilling prophecies. Treat your clients like children, and eventually your only clients will be mental children.

People who know shit ran off to better ranges.
>>
>>34331822
two things to consider OP.
one) people suck.
two) you are obviously not "supervisor" class material.
>>
>>34332328
for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U38_buPdNiI
>>
>>34332320
you mad kid?
>>
>>34331822
Blame liberal hippy parents for never teaching gun safety to their children.

I imagine ignorance counted for most of those cases. And remember niggers don't count.
>>
>>34331822
Maybe you should make your range brief better and stop shitting up the board.
>>
>>34332116
THIS. Went with my dad to a range and it was terrible having a RSO around. I have been shooting for years but suddenly more then one round per minute is the most dangerous thing ever. I will never go back to that place. My gun clubs are light years better and don't treat grown adults like they are retarded children
>>
What we need is eddy the eagle style gun education in schools.

>don't point a gun at people, you stupid fucking nigger
>t. Eddy the Eagle
>>
>>34332758
My middle school required that all students of a certain age undergo state IHEA hunters safety training, that included range time if you passed the class.I literally still have my Tennessee IHEA card from taking the coursework when I was 12.

That school never had a single accidental or intentional firearm death.
>>
>>34333197
Several vehicle related deaths though. Cars man, what the fuck.
>>
>>34331982
how about just free and readily available instead of mandatory

or get firearm safety back into schools
>>
>let limited anecdotal experiences determine a certain outlook on personal liberties
>Became an elitist for being a faggot right next to an ego inflated cop

You should probably just kill yourself cunt
>>
S. Carolinian here. I grew up in the shooting sports, not really hunting, I mean I've hunted just I grew up more geared toward IPSC and Cowboy action. Anyway rednecks here have had guns their whole lives, have been carrying and using them their entire lives HOWEVER there are SOOOOO many rednecks with 0 TD or muzzle awareness. There's no way I could go hunting with any of them, it just blows my mind that they grew up with guns and around them, yet they've never been properly trained on safe usage. It's frustrating too because people WILL get defensive and bashful if you try to correct them, instead of just fixing their shit
>>
>>34331822
Kys, please
>>
>>34332017
>tom hanks = faggot
Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>34333602
Honestly, my biggest issue with muzzle awareness is always from military retirees.

I didn't grow up hunting or in any shooting sports, but I had to take hunter's safety training all the same. In fact, if what you are saying is true, all of those rednecks in SC would have to take an IHEA approved course before they were allowed to hunt, presuming they were born after 1979.
>>
>>34331822
>Shoot at a little sportsman's club in the midwest.
>No RSO
>Shooters self regulate
>Never see anyone have any problem with anybody else. Ever.

What were they doing, officer? Drawing from a holster before shooting? Daring to approach the bench during a cold range? Your job doesn't even need to exist.
>>
>>34333317
>free
a good thought, but the US won't even designate funds to educate people on how to read. If we're going to go Dark Ages on our education standards we might as well start teaching survival skills when we regress back to an oral society and get invaded by Mexicans with higher educations.
>>
>>34333851
>tfw I'm a Mexican about to get a PhD.
Can I go steal one of your jobs? Or is Trump is going to get mad?
>>
>>34334014
Depends, how much do you have to pay for some new construction?
>>
>>34334014
I meant literally, the Mexican Army at some point is going to be smarter than the population of Texas unless we keep right to carry alive. The retards kill themselves in droves and fill the market with good used firearms right now. Congrats on the PhD.
>>
>>34331822
Why do ROs go right to throwing people out instead of trying to educate? I get it in some cases, but if they're clearly new to guns, help should be offered.
>>
>>34331822
nice blog
>>
>>34331993
Being in the USN I felt the same way, as bootcamp unfucked a lot of pussies I enlisted with. However I think relaxing the idea of safe spaces and anti-bullying measures around school would do a better job because of shit like >>34332248

After all High School is basically the pinnacle of hazing and ostracism. People just need thicker skin and to get beaten up every once in awhile when they act like a faggot.
>>
File: PicsArt_04-06-03.31.18.jpg (47KB, 550x900px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_04-06-03.31.18.jpg
47KB, 550x900px
nazis get the fuck off my board
>>
File: Thick.jpg (126KB, 642x645px) Image search: [Google]
Thick.jpg
126KB, 642x645px
>>34332012
>"in the form of firearms training for youngsters so they don't grow up to be fucking retards you have to keep an eye on at the range"
>yfw hitler youth is actually suggested by people after the war.
>>
>>34334129
Because they get off to ruining shit for other people. Instead of educating someone on what they did wrong they feel more empowered by losing their shit and throwing someone out.
>>
>>34332280
Anyone who works in a position where they have to deal with the public quickly comes to fucking despise people.
>>
>>34331822
Everyone hates RSOs because they are usually powertripping faggots. You proved not to be an exception.
>"Muh safety."
Same excuse everytine for being rude retards.
>>
>>34334257
Don't work in customer service if you hate people. Fucking idiot. They are paying customers. If you want to scream at people, join the military and be a drill sergeant.
>>
>>34331822
I was a range office too. Most good shooters are little old men. Worst and most dangerous customers. Police.
>>
>>34334276
And that's why anyone who has to deal with the public hates people. Lots of job demand speaking with random people that are not, in fact, "customer service".
>>
>>34334276
Not that guy, but you're retarded. Please kill yourself. I mean that. I want you to put a firearm under your chin and blow your fucking brains out.

Working in any sort of customer service or job where you deal with members of the public a lot will turn you from nice and friendly to bitter, tired and borderline misanthropic. And its because of fuck heads like you. "Don't be a meany when you talk to me please, I'm special and want you to suck the precum off my head". Fuck you and people like you.

t. angry wageslave anon
>>
>>34334306
>acting like a kike faggot to people you don't know because other people responded to you acting like a nigger by acting like a nigger.
>>
>>34334333
>Being this stupid
>>
>>34334293
>>34334306
>RSO
>job is to help range goers be safe, educate them on safety if needed, make paying customers have a happy experience
>NAW, I'll just act like some faggot and be rude to everyone instead because muh safety
Same excuse they use to take away your rights. "Muh security"
>>
>>34333317
>get firearm safety back into schools
It would be fucking shit then. Free education is bound to be shitty.
>>
I am really fucking tired of getting muzzle swept at the range. Usually some dumbass who jammed.
>>
>>34334498
Sorta. Public education isn't all shitty but firearm safety certainly would be. Public education is specifically shitty when the subject is either specialized or dangerous. Specialized subjects rarely get the proper instructors. Dangerous subjects get nerfed into oblivion. Firearms are both.
>>
>>34335064
It was fine in my school, but the principle was a gun guy and handled that class himself.
>>
>>34333710
different person here.
he did win an oscar and the golden globe for playing a faggot in the movie "Philadelphia".
great performance.
>>
>>34333602
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink...
>>
>>34332076
KANGZ
>>
>>34331822
>2017
>going to public ranges that have RSOs
>shigydiggy
>>
>>34332328
>I honest to God do think there should be a FREE mandatory basic gun safety class

I think so too. I'm not american, and I envy your freedom of choice for almost all firearms known to man, but god damn, your 2nd amendment allows literal mouthbreathing retards to get a hold of weapons
>>
File: 1497753536444.jpg (104KB, 680x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1497753536444.jpg
104KB, 680x1209px
>>34334214
>head squeezed between those creamy muscle thighs
>>
>>34335776
we used to have firearms training in high schools, back when Communism was the prevailing fear. A couple of emo fags and a horde of black hoodlums ruined it for everyone and now there are metal detectors to catch nogs with knives at the middle schools.
>>
>>34331864
I think he's actually redpilling you, man.
>>
>>34334129
Because they're not your fucking mom. Go take a simple hunter's ed or NRA course before you start shooting. Or shit, watch a couple of the thousand odd shooter safety videos on YouTube.
>>
>>34331982

In a world where our rights aren't constantly threatened I would approve of mandatory training, sadly we don't live in that world.
>>
File: 1382660776963.jpg (43KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
1382660776963.jpg
43KB, 526x394px
>>34332559
>you mad kid?
ironic coming from what can only be attributed to a childish "gotcha/comeback" phrase.
>>
I agree with OP.

I ONLY shoot at ranges that have officers now because I am tired of dipshits in the lanes next to me who don't handle their guns safely muzzle sweeping me and constantly having to worry about one of them ND'ing into me.
>>
>>34331822
>fuck face RO with inflated self importance supports gun control

Color me shocked
>>
File: IMG_0986.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0986.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>34335397
Maybe the horse should be shot and the ones who want to drink should be led to water.
>>
>>34339517
>t. banned from every range within a few counties
>>
if it were not for the fact that i know firearms legislation in any form is enacted by and used to the benefit of curbing our rights, i would be all for it.
>>
>>34337135
>it hurts
Ok
>>
>>34336868
Yep. If we somehow became a homogeneous, i.e. 85%+ white population, we would have far less issues and I think most gun control laws would be moot. If you guys really care about the future gun culture, you should be concerned with demographics.
>>
>>34331822
Just remember this simple human truth. The more responsibility you give someone, the more responsible they become over time. The less responsibility you give someone, the less responsible they become over time.
>>
>>34331822
There is no better gun control argument than fucko gun owners.

But I want those rights, so they get them to. I'm a big fan of mandatory, unregistered safety courses.
>>
>>34341277
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

No way faggot, I live in a 99% white area and the bubbas are the WORST kind of gun retard.

Take your nazi shill post to /pol/ where this thread belongs.
>>
>>34341606
Im not him but you are a nigger lover.
>>
>>34332328
Driver's ed, tests and licences don't stop people from being retarded behind the wheel of a car. People will always find a way to be retarded no matter what you do.
>>
>>34339210
u mad? kid?
>>
File: 78y.jpg (56KB, 956x518px) Image search: [Google]
78y.jpg
56KB, 956x518px
>>34339881
why for you shoots horses,anon?
>>
>>34332351
No. Better people get gooder with practice, badder people also get gooder with practice. Everyone get gooder
>>
>>34334014
As a Mexican currently living in USA I say come over. Everyone being lazy makes us look like we are super man.
Just know that white women will literally drop to their knees and start making sucking noises for educated Mexicans, don't fall for it they are all crazy.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.