[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm applying to the US Army as an infantryman MOS 11B. Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161226_233300.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161226_233300.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
I'm applying to the US Army as an infantryman MOS 11B. Any tips for a new hopeful? I'm planning on doing as long as I can to maximise my skillset.
>>
>>34331734
Pack a fresh pair of socks.
>>
>>34331734
Goodluck faggot. You're beta ass will probably hate the Army.
>>
>>34331734
Yea, kill yourself.
>>
>>34331734
Run a lot.
Pick up heavy things and put them down.
Run more.
Repeat.
>>
>>34331791
Haha maybe if I was an entitled pussy, I'm gonna earn my keep
>>
>>34331734
Don't.

If you want to serve, try the coast guard. You'll actually be doing your job and providing a service to your nation through interdiction, inspection, or rescue ops. As a grunt, you'll just be pretending, will get completely fucked out of kit and training time, and unless you're in SOF, you'll have to learn to fight as you go should they send you off to fight for the jews again.

The conventional army doesn't give a fuck about you, and the leadership is a joke. Unless you're SOF, which you won't be, you'll spend more time doing details, like mowing grass, picking up cig butts, then you ever will actually learning how to fire and maneuver in combat.
>>
>>34332959
When I was in it seemed like we lived in the field. What are you talking about you won't learn maneuvering and warfighting? Are you just butthurt cause there is no "great crusade" to go fight? There's plenty of opportunities to still go downrange.
>>
>>34332987

Sure you were, pal.
>>
>>34332959
I'm actually applying from overseas (uk) but I'm an American born citizen with all my docos and shit to hand so I figure what better way to get back to the states than serve in the armed forces for a dozen years. Also provides the money id need to relocate to the US and valuable life skills for the future. One question, where am I going to do my medical and shit? I'm currently on step 1 of the process (listing references and documents and personal questions)
>>
>>34333667

They'll send you to one of the MEPS stations...whichever is convenient for them.
>>
>>34332959
>>34331734
I was thinking about enlisting via 11B then go LE then CIA or something. but now i am rethinking the 11B route and just go LE to CIA with a goal of being stationed anywhere in the middle east. Granted I learn Arabic, is this idea even possible?
>>
>>34333906
If you want CIA, then talk to a recruiter and find out what kind of college grad they're looking for, and then take that route.

Don't join the military to be a cop, though, as cops are looking for a blank slate they can form in their own image, not a former grunt that might be set in their ways.
>>
>>34334085
That makes sense, thanks dude.
>>
>>34331734
>Any tips, I plan on doing a long contract
Yah, don't you idiot. Do a 3-4 year contract, and reenlist if you like it. Hell you might even get a free reenlistment BJ these days
>>
>>34334223
They even offer 2 year contracts now
>>
>>34333906
If you go military look into Intelligence, that's gonna do you better on a resume. Being an 11b doesn't do fuckall

t. Former 11b
>>
>>34334243
Well definitely do 2. That's perfect actually. My original contract was 4, I was ready to get out at 3, I got stop lossed and forced to stay in for 5. I was behind tired of it by then, now I miss it
>>
>>34334255
I signed a 2 year recently figuring if I hate it I can get out, and if I love it or want to do something else in the military I only have two years until I can renegotiate enlistment.
>>
>>34334245
>>34334085
Im trying to make use of the language when I finally learn it by being out and about doing humint. But some people have advised me that the military route would be the only way to do humint for CIA. What do you think?
>>
>>34334266
2 years is perfect. My first tour was 15 months, I could do 2 years Garrison on my head. All those 4 day weekends
>>
>>34334273
I personally would just avoid military service and go the school/LE route onto CIA.
>>
>>34334266
Congrats here's your future:

>Do 2 years
>Army thinks you're shit
>Don't let you reenlist
>You have no benefits because should of done a 3 year
>>
>>34334286
Still get 80% gi bill if that were the case
>>
>>34331734
Watch zeitgeist, and optionally Iraq for sale, and then decide if you still want to join.
>>
>>34334284
I totally want to follow that, but like another anon said to speak to a recruiter to see if that path will allow me to do humint or would I need a pre-req of mil exp to do that.
>>
>>34334273
>some people have advised me that the military route would be the only way to do humint for CIA. What do you think?

I think they're dumb as fuck.

Every fed agency has a recruitment branch. Talk to them, and ignore the tards that try to equate the military with the agency.
>>
>>34332987
And WHEN was that exactly, cause it's not 2007 anymore.
>>
>>34334273
>>34334792
Well if he wants to do some kind of position that involves having a gun, (which I am sensing) he would have to have military experience SOF if any.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.