[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have been debating about caliber size for handguns and I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

i have been debating about caliber size for handguns and I thought the best caliber size to stock is the 9mm and the .380. Now hear my reasoning out. 99% of the time you wont use your gun, at the same time the #1 reason for not having your gun when you use it is concealability. If I wanted fire power i would bring a shotgun or a carbine, the #1 reason for a handgun is having a easily concealed weapon that is easy to carry. In addition, improvements in bullet technology usually mean you will be getting as much of a punch with a smaller bullet as time goes on.
>>
>>34327388
>99% of the time you wont use your gun
If you're not using your gun at least 50% of the time this board isn't for you.
>>
>>34327388
>Not necking down 10 mm to take 22lr bullets to shoot out of a custom barrel 1911.
>>
I live in a state that does not allow me to carry a gun on me. I can only keep it in my home or take it to a shooting range (in the car trunk unloaded) or else I get arrested which would be a good thing after seeing how a cop used Philando Castile for target practice(who had legal carry permit)

The point is since concealability does not apply to me I choose the .45 ACP meme caliber. Especially since my garbage state only lets me shoot an intruder once, if he has more than one bullet hole I can go to jail. (which is fucking stupid)

Some one please bomb my state, I don't care if I am in it.
>>
File: Compare.jpg (32KB, 513x392px) Image search: [Google]
Compare.jpg
32KB, 513x392px
>>34327388
.577 is best old chap failing that something like a 44. I don't guard by precious life with anything less than something that will drop a horse made out of soft lead largely because I am I fear bound for hell and therefore loath to expire with too much ease.
>>
>>34327388
"concealablity" is undefined
"more punch with a smaller bullet" disregards the debate of using FMJ for a weak-ass round like .380

Also, get makarov +p+ at that rate, or 9mm you fuck
>>
>>34328711
The biggest most powerful round you can group on a torso is best. If you feared hellfire you would concur.
>>
>>34327388
.30 Armco
>10mm necked down to .30 carbine bullets
>110gr @ 1850fps out of a 5" barrel
>>
>>34327949
sounds like you are in marylandistan.
>>
>>34328752
Fear not having the ability to effectively group into the chest, via movement, cover, your own adrenaline, or whatever the fuck else in a self defense situation prevents you from shooting the same groups as the controlled environment of a range, so your number of rounds matter as well as shot placement.
>>
>>34328695
450 grains
>>
>>34327388
Pocket 380's are great. You can ALWAYS have a gun on you. I often literally forget it's there.
>>
>>34328774
>Fear not having the ability to effectively group into the chest, via movement, cover, your own adrenaline, or whatever the fuck else in a self defense situation prevents you from shooting the same groups as the controlled environment of a range, so your number of rounds matter as well as shot placement.

I find a how shall I say, mental distancing o yourself from the situation and a considered aim is better than scuttling about holding with two hands like a toddler with a melting ice cream but that is all the rage now. Presenting the torso directly to your opponent etc.

That is not for a rampant coward like me. No. A side profile and my brain to a safe pretty garden and a slow considered aim with a .577.

I believe it is classified as a 'destructive; device in the former colony. Indeed it is. The greatest handgun ever made for dropping a man stone dead.
>>
>>34328868
>I often literally forget it's there.

Unwise.
>>
>>34327949
>Philando Castile

He was a brown chap. What did he expect to happen? If he had stuck with carrying things on his head or attained a good position in a household he could b perfectly happy right now enjoying a fire in the kitchen while he polishes the fire irons.You A mericans are just encouraging the servant classes in this kind of mischief for your amusement. It is quite funny.though I do concur.
>>
>>34328881
I believe people don't "choose," to be brave or cowardly when their natural instincts from an unexpected high pressure situation occur, you naive fuck.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.