[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could only own one small caliber firearm and had to chose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: cz_455_american_red_3.jpg (43KB, 1000x552px) Image search: [Google]
cz_455_american_red_3.jpg
43KB, 1000x552px
If you could only own one small caliber firearm and had to chose between .22LR and .22MAG which one would you chose?

I am split between semi automatic Ruger 10/22 LR and bolt action CZ 455 which comes in .22mag caliber. One has a higher rate of fire and much cheaper ammunition(though .22 mag is not that expensive either). The other is more powerful and accurate.
>>
>>34324338
I got the cz 455 in 22lr.

will probably get some semi auto 22 eventually.
>>
>>34324965
The only reason why i am considering CZ-455 is the more powerful round.

If i am getting a .22lr Ruger is a better choice
>>
File: IMG_2928.jpg (7KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2928.jpg
7KB, 384x384px
>>34325058
Get a stainless / synthetic 10/22, don't fuck around with it. All that should be done is the sights and bolt buffer, and a suppressor if you want one.
The cz is nice and all, but if can only have one .22 it should be a 10/22. It's boring, but you won't regret it.
>>
>>34325092
But isn't the .22lr only effective at 40 yards? Doesen't the slow round lose it's speed really fast?
>>
>>34325092
I though about getting a .22mag because i want to be able to hit things from 200yards away
>>
>>34324338
22LR

Former indoor smallbore match shooter.
22mag is not as accurate as 22LR.
>>
>>34325227
But isn't .22 mag more accurate at longer distances like 100 yards?
>>
>>34324338
>>34324338
.22LR

Mag ammo is harder to get and no subsonics
>>
>>34325247
.22lr is plenty accurate at 100 yards if you want accuracy go .17hmr

mag =no subs
>>
>>34325183
Nah you can reach out and touch someone at 120 yards.
>>
>>34324338

If I could only own one, a single shot Stevens/Springfield/Etc .22 rifle.

Shoots long, short, long rifle, whatever the fuck you want as long as it's normal .22
>>
>>34325931
I have a small ithica falling block .22

It is a fucking dream, you can drive tacks with it. The last time i took it out i shot it 28 times, killed 26 rabbits and one Prairie dog.
>>
>>34325931
>If I could only own one, a single shot Stevens/Springfield/Etc .22 rifle.

A nice Cz 542 bolt or an anschultz bolt for me
>>34325929
>Nah you can reach out and touch someone at 120 yards.

I spent ages working up to 300M and was surprised when I saw my pineboard frames getting the shit blown out of them. 22LR as an arc like a rainbow but can do 300M no bother if you have dope and a calc. Th trick I to use subs as they don't pass back through the barrier. Plus side is slap a silencer on a .22lr bolt and it is really really quiet.
>>
>>34324338
Get the CZ. The barrels are interchangeable, so you can switch between a 22 lr and 22 mag.
>>
The .22LR is the most versatile round of all. All citizens who are entitled to own firearms should have at least one rifle and one pistol chambered in .22LR. Bonus if you have a revolver or bolt action that can handle .22S, .22L, and .22LR.

#1) You can't beat the .22LR for cheap plinking fun. Some of the best times of my life were down at the town dump with a couple buddies with 10/22s and a couple bricks of ammo.

#2) Excellent small varmint/small prey hunting round. While I don't usually eat rabbit or squirrels, there are plenty of people who do, and it's nice to know that you can put something in the stewpot if the SHTF. A lot of peeps have dropped deer and coyotes with .22LRs, but I would recommend a larger round for such duties.

#3) While not an ideal round for self/home defense, a mag dump of .22s in a villain's face and chest would certainly discourage them from kicking in your door, stealing your stuff, and raping your wife, mom, and little bro.

#4) I don't believe in the Zombie apocalypse, a total SHTF, or the complete economic collapse of the USA or the world-- in my lifetime, anyway-- I believe it IS possible that .22 ammo and .22LR firearms could become far more valuable in the future and be worth more than their weight in gold, silver, jewels, etc. All the dipshit hoarders that drove up the prices and ruined the market weren't 100% wrong, they just had very poor timing.

#5) The .22LR is the very best round to start off with if you're a noguns novice that doesn't have a mentor. Learn the 4 rules of gun safety, get yourself a .22LR rifle, and watch and learn from the other shooters at your local gun range.
>>
>>34327265
im sick of this "anyone who invested in .22 ammo is a hoarder" meme

The shit was $8 for 500 fucking rounds. You're damn right i bought a couple bricks everytime i found myself in walmart. I started doing that shit when i was old enough to mow yards.

Now all of a sudden i go to a gunshow with 10k rounds or so to sell and everybody gives me dirty fucking looks, shit was undervalued it's not my fault everyone was too retarded to realize it.
>>
.22LR.

Mag can be hard to find. LR is forever. Also mag I used to have had for shit accuracy. 10/22 LR was/is better than that was.
>>
>>34325058

I don't know if you just dislike bolt actions or what, but a CZ455 is a way nicer rifle than a 10/22.
>>
>>34329945
Why is it nicer? Should i get it in .22mag or .22lr
>>
I'd get the magnum round. .22 isn't known for its power but the .22 mag increases utility slightly at the cost of being slightly more expensive on an already dirt cheap round. Ideally a .17 caliber rimfire would be the best since it's far more accurate.
>>
>>34329955
is this going to be your only gun or not?
you dont want a 22mag if you plan to buy something like say a 5.56 later. its just going to be utterly irrelevant. 22mag has an ballistic advantage when compared to 22lr but that goes away when you compare it to almost everything else. a 22lr will always be fun for plinking.
as an only gun cause your limited to rimfire for some reason 22mag is not the best choice but its ok.
>>
>>34329976
50 rounds for 14$ when it comes to .22mag and any decent .22LR costs 8$ per 50 rounds here in Europe
>>
>>34329984
Well i am an Eurofag living in one of the poorest european countries with really shitty gun laws.

So sadly this will be my only firearm for years to come. The only fun thing that i get to buy and from then on i must save almost every penny to get a home of my own some day.
>>
>>34329984
Small caliber rifles are the only cheap rifles here. Everything else is way above my price range as it tends to cost 2x more.

We have a very limited gun selection here and most of the firearms being sold are .22lr or 308 win hunting rifles.
>>
>>34329984
I am a poor slavshit living on a farm. I want a rifle for both fun and defense. Since i live on a hill i have a view of surroundings from far away.

If shit goes down i wont be able to do much but i want to at least be able to pick off an armed bandit or two if i really have to.

And i am quite concerned with the way my country is going. I am not paranoid but i literally ran into a terrorist sympathizer in my city and it got me thinking. Little facebook search and i saw how many bearded isis sympathizers i have in my country.
>>
File: image.png (35KB, 455x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35KB, 455x381px
>>34328744
Oh look a faggot.
>>
>>34325058
.22MAG is basically unobtainium, .22LR is the most popular round on the planet (that, or 7.62x39). Definitely 22LR, I would go CZ455
>>
More backstory that had me thinking about guns:

>Go to the city
>Some guy cuts me off with a bike
>I hit the breaks but bump him
>We agree that i pay him a small fee so police does not get involved
>He makes some really retarded threats before that
>Look him up on facebook
>He openly supports isis
>I contact police but they tell me that they dont care
>I stalk his facebook and see that he has plenty of similar friends
>I realize that these type of people have become far more common lately
>I begin to worry what can happen in 10 years considering we have similar people migrating here as cheap labour
>>
>>34330051
This is your chance to infiltrate Isis dude. Make friends with him and his friends then report back. If /k/ managed to get its own mole in ISIS that would make for some epic bread.
>>
File: image.gif (1010KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1010KB, 500x248px
>>34330051
>>34330106
Just act like Mike from Breaking Bad but y'know a Muslim terrorist version.
>>
>>34330106
>>34330133

They are not ISIS just sympathizers. These things are not as fringe as white nationalism to whites.

There are thousands of people like him in my country. Luckily they tend to be inbred retards who have a hard time to get a firearm.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1200x900px
>>34330186
Ya never know OP, they probably know a guy who knows a guy and if you pulled it off you would be instant /k/ommando hall of fame. Do it for great Justice!
>>
>>34328744
>I bought .22 ammo at a way faster rate than I could ever shoot it
>I bought so much I have over 10,000 rounds to just sell without affecting my personal stock of ammo
sounds like hoarding just so you can sell it when its always sold out because fucks like you buy way too much to me
like christ man just buy however much you need, no one would have to be afraid it sells out if they didn't make it sell out
>>
>>34330280
I havent even bought any since it broke $15/brick.

On last count i had 620 bricks stashed away, why not sell some of it since people are paying retarded prices
>>
A dumb question which doesn't warrant its own thread:

What would happen if you simultaneously crushed the entire rim of a .22 at once? Say if instead of a pin you had a sharpened hoop or tube which struck the rim only under some force. Would it still fire?
>>
>>34324338

who sells 22mag ammo ?

everybody has 22lr
>>
>>34324338
I have the CZ 455 Canadian edition in 22lr and love it. It's a beautiful rifle and well worth it. I go out plinking with a friend who owns the 10/22 and all he wants to shoot is the CZ. You can't really go wrong with either, but the CZ is a great shooter and great quality for the price.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.