[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting my first handgun in about 4-7 weeks. I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (1MB, 3980x2670px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
1MB, 3980x2670px
I'm getting my first handgun in about 4-7 weeks. I need it mostly for precise shooting at 25-50 meters (27-55 yards) and I'm almost certain about getting CZ SP-01 SHADOW 9mm. I would like to know your thoughts.
Are there any other guns i should consider? Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>34322076
For precise shooting, generally you want a decent length barrel, so any standard sized handgun with a 4-5 inch barrel would work.
That being said, I can only personally vouch for the FNS, Beretta PX4 Storm and the Walther PPQ, having owned all of those.
Don't have any experience with CZ so can't help you there.
Other than that, practice, practice, practice if you want tight groups
>>
>>34322236
>FNS, Beretta PX4 Storm and the Walther PPQ
Thanks for the response. There is a problem with access to FNS and PX4 in my country. I had chance to try out Walther PPQ and it wasn't that comfortable in my hand as CZ also it's much more expensive here than CZ.
>>
>>34322374
Ah well, sucks about the restrictions.
Best piece of advice I could ever give someone trying to decide on a gun, is shoot it, are there any rental ranges or do you have friends who have it or something g similar?
>>
>>34322649
Yes, that's why I chose CZ over Walther or Glock. It was somehow nicer in hand and easier to shoot at long ranges. I had only 30 rounds for each one, so I can't really tell that I have any experience.
>>
>>34322076
So, you're getting into competition? Or do you just think you need a race gun for carry?
>>
>>34322374
The only gun you will ever need is a Glock 26 you fuckin plebian.

"Oh I want a long barreled fancy snowflake gun so I can attain muh accuracy"
News flash, short barreled pistols are accurate too, you just need to learn the properly operate them.
>>
>>34322816
Yes, competition also IPSC in the future.

>>34322825
I tiered only 17 and 19, but with longer gun it was a bit easier to attain accuracy
>>
>>34322825
>Glockfag spergs out over someone wanting a full-size gun for range use.
>>
>>34322804
If that's what you like to shoot, go for it man!
>>
The CZ you are considering is a fine choice.

I've fired one twice and was impressed by the trigger and, as you note, the "feel in the hand."

As for accuracy, fine tune your sights, pick decent ammo, and read up on the most common targeting errors. I found a printable target once that was divided into eighths and had suggestions for shots landing in each. It was similar to pic related.
>>
>>34322825
> you don't need a long sight radius you just need to train more
> you don't need a full grip you just need to train more
> you don't need a good trigger you just need to train more
> you don't need a firearm with light recoil, just buy this polymer subcompact and train more
But anon, what if he did all that training with decent equipment? You think that could have benefits too?
>>
>>34323038
I had seen them before but actually never believed that they actually work.

>>34323059
>decent equipment
Do you mean fun for which is better at long ranges?
>>
>>34323059
No such think as benefits with an easy gun.

Glock 26 or gtfo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.