[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s opinion on slide fires, i'm tempted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

What's /k/'s opinion on slide fires, i'm tempted to buy one and fuck with it in the desert once a month when I can afford to drop a couple bennys on ammo.
>>
Inb4
>HURR DURR COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY SEMI AUTO IS ALL YOU NEED
And then in the same breath...
>MAN I SURE WISH I HAD A FULL AUTO GUN THEY'RE SO COOL
>>
File: 1FET_zpswvxowvu5.jpg (59KB, 855x476px) Image search: [Google]
1FET_zpswvxowvu5.jpg
59KB, 855x476px
>>34319929
The problem has always been being stuck in on or off, not the capability.

Binary triggers are still better.
>>
>>34319946
stupid question, but what if you dispense the first round and decide the second isn't needed?
>>
>>34319946
Lolwat. That's retarded.
>>
>>34319955
Usually you just flip the safety on before releasing.
>>
>>34319955
Certain mods like the Echo in that pic let you disable[?] the second shot. Not the safest range novelty but probably a decent option for SD.

>>34319965
This is a thread about bump-fire stocks and you call a binary trigger retarded.
>>
>>34319971
No, the prior statement is retarded.
>>
>>34319971
*by flicking on the safety
Fuck I'm tired
>>
>>34319946
It looks uneven though I want proper full auto or as close as I can get and some of the bumpfire mods coming out (like the fostech) are starting to look actually reliable and the prices are going down.
>>
>>34319922
If you want it to be cheap, then stick that bumpstock on a 9mm AR build.

Get it SBR'd one day and it's kind of like having a 9mm subgun.
Or just settle for some 14.5" barrel with a permanently fixed muzzle device.
>>
>>34319922
Listen to: >>34319946
Binary triggers are 10x better than bumpshit. It's actually controllable, reliable, and doesn't require learning a "skill".
>>
>>34319946
Why not both ?
>>
>>34321153
Because pulling the trigger too fast on binary triggers can cause malfunctions
>>
>>34321120
And what about echo triggers ?
>>
>>34321166
Even better, since it's almost impossible to get the same sort of hammer follow issues that the BFS shit does.
>>
Fuck slide fire stocks, they made it so their the only ones that can bump fire guns.

Jt grips and Bair arms were selling not bump fire stocks, but grips. The grips looked better because you didn't need to have those ugly ass stocks on your gun, just a grip. Also, Bair arms made grips for more guns like the cz scorpion, kel tec sub 2000, and more to follow.

This year, both companies have been sued by slide fire for copying their patent. Jt grips are trying to sell their patent, while I believe Bair arms are fighting them in court unless the settlement was already made.
>>
>>34319922

Completely retarded
>>
>>34321238
It's a good thing the whole market is going to get fucked once we start seeing binary triggers from other companies for far less than they are right now.
>>
File: 133771165525063.png (134KB, 233x262px) Image search: [Google]
133771165525063.png
134KB, 233x262px
>>34319922
Kill yourself you fucking nigger
>>
File: MCR-040.jpg (163KB, 811x399px) Image search: [Google]
MCR-040.jpg
163KB, 811x399px
Bumpfire systems sells one for $99.
Worked great on my MCR. Range guy was asking if it was full auto.
>>
>>34321373
All I want in life are an MCR and an RDIAS.
>>
>>34319946
>>34321120
Every time I've seem someone shoot binary, they end up jamming after like ten rounds because they over do it
>>
>>34321467
>Every time I've seem someone shoot binary, they end up jamming after like ten rounds because they over do it
Yeah, because they're shooting a BFS trigger. The Echo triggers literally cannot have the same issues because they have a sear that delays the hammer on the release until the bolt is in battery.
>>
>>34321496
it doesn't actually delay anything, it just means that if you pull the trigger before the bolt is in battery it won't fire at all but the hammer doesn't drop so you can just pull the trigger again
>>
>>34321509
Wrong
>>
>>34321120
>learning a "skill"
You pull the gun forward, there's no skill to a bumpstock, it does it for you and lets you do it consistently.

Binary triggers are arguably unsafe, and you wouldn't get as smooth as a rate of fire.
>>
>>34322438
>Binary triggers are arguably unsafe
lel
>>
File: bumpSAW lmg.jpg (536KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
bumpSAW lmg.jpg
536KB, 1024x690px
>>34321238
>Jt grips and Bair arms were selling not bump fire stocks, but grips
Would that even work if you're resting the stock against your shoulder? I thought that'd only work on pistols (which would have them reclassified as AOWs).

>>34321269
>>34321340
Watch and learn:

https://youtu.be/0zI7IY41v1w?t=18s
>>
>>34322469
>pull trigger
>fires
>release trigger
>fires
Anyway, I said arguably.
>>
>>34322488
It's literally no more unsafe than semi or full auto shit
>pull trigger
>fires
>release trigger then pull it again
>fires
OH WOW SOO SCARY
>pull trigger
>fires
>fires
>fires
>fires
OOOOOH WOWWWWWO SO UN FSAFSE as?a'
>>
>>34322438
Using the terms "smooth" and "bumpstock" in the same post shows a complete lack of experience with slidefire novelty crap.

Though I admit you're one up on me, preserve that virginity. I have tried slidefire, and it's fucking useless. But then again, I've shot select fire 3-round burst and full auto and think those pretty well suck also.

I have 30 rounds before reload, and maybe I'm carrying two or three extra mags at the ready. I want every shot to count, and preferably not just fly a few hundred yards before eventually hitting Lord knows what.
>>
>>34322505
>I have 30 rounds before reload, and maybe I'm carrying two or three extra mags at the ready. I want every shot to count, and preferably not just fly a few hundred yards before eventually hitting Lord knows what.

1, Bumpstocks are basically novelty for 99% of people, I don't know why you'd bring up practicality.
Would you complain that a sawed off shotgun isn't practical when it's generally a novelty item?

2, That said, they *can* be used to make a support weapon:
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/slidefire-bump-saw-concept/
Which is a separate idea from trying to make an assault rifle.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.