[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey k I have a question about the background check when purchasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 20170605_160422.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170605_160422.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Hey k I have a question about the background check when purchasing a gun. Would I be able to purchase a shotgun after being arrested for pot which is I guess a misdeamor ?
>>
>>34319707
Possession or dealing and how much pot was it? A misdemeanor for weed I doubt will prevent you though it may depend on how long ago this was.
>>
Thanks for saying which state you stupid faggot
>>
>>34319707
The 4473 was updated last summer to include a provision for this. Since its a federal background check, and pot is illegal at the federal level, you would likely not pass the NICS check.
>>
>>34319707
>dude weed lol
oh boy here we go

How do you not know if you're being prosecuted for a misdemeanor or a felony?

For anyone with two brain cells to rub together, here's the actual text:

>11.c. Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?

If you've been arrested/been to court, surely you know how to answer this.

>11.e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant stimulat, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

The text of the question refers to the present. Can anyone else comment if evidence of past use has been used to reject later checks?
>>
>>34320969

>11.e.
>The Fucc-Fucc clause
>Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Well it's a good thing I don't consume weed on a federal level, you fucking authoritarian plant haters.

No problem buying guns or getting a CCw with a med card, and I know that shit comes up on background. I've had cops come to my apartment door while I was cleaning guns do to weed complaint at my old apartment (Decriminalized + Card).

They saw the guns clearly as I was cleaning em in my living room.

>"Hi Anon, someone here got a card?"
>"Yup here ya go."
>"K well what you're doing is prolly against your lease, but you literally aren't breaking a single law so have a nice night."

Legalize fucking plants.
>>
>>34321246
None of this has any bearing on filling out a 4473. Filling out the form falsely can land a person in trouble if detected.

>inb4 "statist!" "bootlicker!" "dudeweedlolXD!"
Just stating how shit is, not endorsing or complaining.
>>
>>34321246
Should it be legal? Yes.
Is it? No.

Unfortunately, that prevents users of said plant from exercising their right to keep and bare arms. Is it stupid? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Should it be changed? Yes.

With the current political regime in power, will it change? Hell no.

/off-topic
>>
File: N7IHz2W.gif (1021KB, 210x173px) Image search: [Google]
N7IHz2W.gif
1021KB, 210x173px
>>34320969
>11.e
>Warning: The use or possession of a natural herbal relaxant remains unlawful under federal law.
>A literal poison directly associated with aggressive behavior, violent outbursts, regular domestic abuse, and hundreds of thousands of deaths yearly is totally fine though.

Fucking Burgers, No wonder there's so many domestic shootings.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>34321246
>>34321347

>DUDELMAO

When will you hippies grow up and take the needle out of your arm. Is it really that hard to not do drugs if you want to own guns?

Help my fuck.
>inb4 statist

Smoke a blunt and get into a gunfight, lemme know how that goes.
>>
>>34319707
Here's the low-down, OP. If you were convicted of a felony, you will not pass. If you were convicted of a misdemeanor, you will pass. The only misdemeanor that precludes you from purchase is misdemeanor domestic violence charge. Now, you can do the background check and be denied and there's literally no repercussions as you were acting within the best of your knowledge.

In short, just go do it and report back with results. Oh, and don't provide more information than necessary (don't sperg at the guy behind the counter.)
>>
>>34319734
>I doubt will prevent you

u = know nothing STFU

op if you're honest on the ATF 4473 and admit to using marijuana even in 420 legal state your gun purchase will be denied
>>
>>34321407
All smoking violates the NAP because their degenerate addiction is giving me cancer. So if they're smoking weed near me I have every right to kill them in self defense.
Side note, can they "vape" weed? Is that a thing the kids do now?
>>
>>34321465
Yes, but the oil is illegal as all hell, hard to manufacture and hard to get.

It's super concentrated.
>>
>>34321492
The oil is no more illegal that the plant, and it isn't even a little hard to get.

You can also get "aroma therapy vapes" for vaping plant matter.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.