[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going to get my first handgun in about a month and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

So I'm going to get my first handgun in about a month and I've narrowed it down between a CZ P-01 9mm or a Sig P229 in .40 s&w
I won't be able to handle them for a while to determine ergonomics, but I wanted people's thoughts on stuff like which one is more accurate, controllable when rapid firing, durable/reliable, has better spare parts availability, customer service, etc.
>>
>>34318221
Niggers
>>
Aesthetically I'm leaning towards the P229 atm.
I also reload 10mm already, so it's not much trouble to use the same bullets for .40 S&W.
The SA pull with a SRT kit looks really nice.

The CZ is definitely cheaper, as is 9mm, I've also heard people say its got better ergo and a nicer DA pull because it decocks to half-cock, plus it definitely has a lower bore axis.
>>
The most important factor is the ergonomics, and most of your inquiries revolve around how the gun feels in your hands.

Both are good firearms though. I'll always lean CZ over Sig though, because it feels better in my hands and is easier for me to adjust my shots. It's also difficult to compare the two because of the differing calibers.
>>
>>34318221
First handgun but you reload 10mm?

For what?
>>
>>34318275
I should also note that CCW is not a concern, I just don't feel like getting a full size.
I work in a heavily guarded office.

>>34318299
kriss vector gen2 crb
>>
File: 1350802584369.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1350802584369.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>34318299
>First handgun in about a month
I had to reread it too.
>>
>>34318317
No I mean it is my first handgun ever, I'm on vacation currently and I won't be back in the US for a month.
>>
CZ

>lower bore axis
>better ergonomics
>better trigger
>inverted slide
>more accurate
>tooling marks give it character
>>
>>34318221
I love my p01. It is my favorite handgun I've ever fired, and it is my edc
>>
>>34318221
.40 is stupid, don't get a .40 anything.
>>
>>34318221
>>34318253
As someone who got a P-01 as their first hangun, I'd get the sig except in 9mm. The P-01 was not a bad gun, but it was disappointing in just about every way except for grip ergos. The trigger was mediocre, the recessed slide is a stupid meme, and the bore axis made no apparent difference to me compared to any other handhun I've shot.

That being said, defintely handle both and shoot them if possible to determine what you like best.
>>
>>34318468
nother person with a p01 and likes it
get the sig in 9mm its better
czs ok but the 229 is better
>>
>>34318328
but if it is your first handgun, then why do you reload 10mm?
>>
>>34318496
see>>34318312
>>
>>34318380
I can say the same about my SP-01.

Personally I don't see the appeal of compact steel handguns though.

If you're going to lug around all that extra weight, you may as well get a longer barrel, sight radius, and higher capacity. It's not like a double stack CZ is ever going to conceal or carry well.
>>
>>34318510

>What is the RAMI?
>>
File: 20160628_152632-1.jpg (3MB, 2799x1786px) Image search: [Google]
20160628_152632-1.jpg
3MB, 2799x1786px
>>34318510

Nigga what? The P01 is aluminum. How do you think every swinging dick out there carries Glock 19s? Double stack is easy as fuck to carry. The P01 isn't much heavier than my USP compact 45.
>>
>>34318528
Interesting, I assumed they were steel like most other CZ's. In that case it makes more sense. Still double stack can be hard to conceal if you're not obese and don't dress around it. Compact revolvers and single stack polymer framed guns are best for this IMO.
>>
Anyone have an opinion on CZ p09 in 9mm? My friend has one and I'm thinking of getting the same. Ergo feels great but i haven't shot it yet so I'm not sure. Open carry btw. Thoughts?
>>
>>34318221
Aside from caliber, they are essentially the same gun. Sigs tend to feel a little bit more refined than CZs, especially in the trigger, but CZs have good triggers too. Obviously, the .40 caliber will recoil more, but the P229 handles the caliber very well. CZs are generally less expensive than Sigs, but given the caliber choice you mentioned, I would guess that you have found comparably priced guns.

People who are saying "ergonomics": there isn't a whole lot of difference between these two guns ergonomically. Both have about the same circumference grip and about the same distance trigger reach in double action. Both have a slight bias to users with larger-than-medium hands, but if you have slightly smaller hands, you should be able to work with either one, maybe after a bit of adjustment to your technique. You can get a short reach trigger and an "E2" ergonomic grip for the Sig which will shorten the trigger reach, if required. For the CZ, you can replace the side panels, but that's it.

One thing I would note from a maintenance perspective. The Sig will really benefit from a very attentive owner keeping the frame rails well greased. You can't slack on lubrication and you can't use regular gun oil either. Gun grease is necessary to prevent premature wear to the anodizing on the frame. West German Sigs didn't have this problem, but they used blued steel slides, instead of the tougher stainless steel slides that all Exeter Sigs have, which is really the source of the issue. To my knowledge, CZ P-01s do not suffer from such an issue, even though they also have an alloy frame. I could be mistaken.
>>
>>34318221
I have actually owned both and recommend you get a CZ PCR instead.

The p229 is ridiculously thick and big enough you might as well get a 226 instead.

There is no reason for the p-01, as a compact conceal carry gun to have a rail.
Also, the steel frame p-01's weigh like 2 pounds or something stupid so in this case aluminum is better.

If I had to do it over, I'd get a pcr probably or at least an aluminum p-01.
>>
File: IMG_0818.jpg (1MB, 2088x3648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0818.jpg
1MB, 2088x3648px
>>34318528
They come in steel and in aluminum.
Here is a picture of a couple steel guns.
>>
I don't have a p-01, rather a CZ-75BD, and it's one of my favorite handguns. I'm not sure if that quality transfers to to P-01, but honestly, if I were making that choice, I'd go with the CZ. Sigs are fine, don't get me wrong, but the CZ felt a lot better in my hands.
>>
>>34318221

forget the 40 caliber

do internet search - 40 cal decline
>>
>>34318863
OP listen to this anon, he knows his shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.