[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does the collision with the philip tanker prove the USN is more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: betwa-india-today.jpg (48KB, 647x404px) Image search: [Google]
betwa-india-today.jpg
48KB, 647x404px
does the collision with the philip tanker prove the USN is more poo level than we thought?
>>
File: row row your boat.webm (3MB, 426x236px) Image search: [Google]
row row your boat.webm
3MB, 426x236px
>>34317941
I don't know. The results of the investigation haven't come out yet.
>>
>>34317941
It proves the staff of the Fitzgerald were shit, and will be fired for being retarded and made an example so this (hopefully) never happens again
>>
Not sinking the other ship when it was apparent it wasn't going to change course is just proof all the homos need to be run out....
>>
>>34317971
As a merchant marine I'm telling you that you don't need to wait to know that they fucked up.
The maritime rules of the road are quite clear that collision avoidance is the ultimate responsibility of every mariner, and you have to do whatever it takes to avoid one. If that means you have to throw out the rule book to avoid a collision then so be it, doing anything less is criminally negligent and you WILL go to jail for causing a maritime accident even if you acted 100% in accordance with right of way.

The biggest head scratcher to me though is that the captain wasn't on the bridge at the time of the incident. Since the captain is the senior mariner on the ship the officer on watch should have called for his assistance when he became concerned. In the civilian world the captain and the mate on watch would both be going to jail for causing a maritime accident and manslaughter, even though the captain was sleeping when it happened.

>>34318005
the other ship had the right of way, when a military ship is doing training or some kind of maneuver and a merchant vessel is approaching them with the right of way in my experience you will always have an officer from the military vessel call the merchant vessel on the radio to arrange a passage plan. They'll usually ask them to change course to maintain a minimum distance, that it apparently didn't happen in this instance is even more surprising.
>>
>>34318118
>the other ship had the right of way
This is the course of the cargo ship.

This was obviously an intentional ramming.
>>
>>34318118
The captain was on his way up to the bridge when the ships collided. He was injured in the crash and the theory I've heard was that he was knocked off a ladder by the impact.
>>
>>34317941
>poo level
No. Not even close...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_Naval_accidents
>>
File: 1126.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>34317976
>mfw when the bridge of the Fitzgerald is manned by dindus, spics,and feminists
>>
>>34318167
yes I've seen that, we don't know what the course of the navy vessel was though

I really doubt it was an intentional ramming because the navy vessel is FAR more maneuverable than a container ship, the Fitzgerald could and should have avoided any collision. These aren't fighter jets we're talking about here, its only going 15 miles an hour, the collision course would have been on the Fitzgerald's radar for at least half an hour and possibly more.
>>
>>34318167
Seems that way. What other reason does a merchant ship need to turn around?
>>
>>34318202
Perhaps it was wondering why it would crash into a boat before giving it at all
>>
>>34317971
She sucks at rowing.
>>
>>34318202
the collision occured at the first major course change when they go from NE to SE, which makes the numerous course changes after that even more bizarre. Perhaps they were attempting to return to the area to render aid? The collision wasn't even reported to the Japanese coast guard until an hour after it occurred.

>>34318198
global rule 3 anon
>>
>>34318198
yeah super funny that a point beijg proved about the worthlessness of women and minorities cost me money and the lives of some innocent kids who were barely old enough to know thetaste of pussy.

fucking hilarious
>>
>>34317941

Yes, Average US intelligence levels have fallen rapidly and at the same time advancements in military hardware have accelerated. So you have billions of dollars of high-tech hardware being manned by complete fucking morons.
>>
>>34318282
That's just an issue of training.
>>
>>34318189
that's a pretty huge fuck up, if the captain is needed he should be called long enough before any collision that he has time to come up, get coffee and assess the situation. If he's running up to the bridge in his underwear that's not good.
>>
File: Cmdr Bryce Benson.jpg (79KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Cmdr Bryce Benson.jpg
79KB, 500x333px
>>34318198
>LMAO
>>
>>34318195
>In 2010, three crew members on destroyer INS Mumbai were instantly killed when an AK-630 Close-in weapon system went off as safety drills were not followed.

HOLY SHIT. Imagine having to be the poor fucker who had to clean that up
>>
>>34317941
>Indian American population
>3,303,512

America is not poo level just yet
>>
File: 1490729593849.png (324KB, 498x497px) Image search: [Google]
1490729593849.png
324KB, 498x497px
With all of the radar and sonar equipment, plus the crew's eyes, the destroyer should have at least known about the possibility of collision, not to mention that the destroyer could have used its more powerful engines to speed away before it even was set to cross paths with the tanker
>>
File: 1467856902284.jpg (130KB, 380x260px) Image search: [Google]
1467856902284.jpg
130KB, 380x260px
>>34317941
It proves that island niggers can't sail.
>>
>>34318351
Pajeet is used to swimming in water filled with poo and the remains of badly cremated bodies. It probably was just a regular day for him.
>>
>>34319729
it's a smaller ship's duty to get out of the way of a bigger ship.
>>
>>34318259
?
>>
>>34318225
She can come suck on my oar any time.
>>
>>34318202
If you hit another car when you are driving, do you stop and look at the accident or do you continue on you're journey?

The collision happened where the merchant ship makes a 90 degree turn to starboard. It made another 90 degree turn to port and then makes a 300 to check on the destroyer lest they get gunned down as they flee the accident. They then went on their merry way when they found out the US Navy will reimburse them for the damage on their ship.
>>
>>34318118
>the other ship had the right of way

Bullshit. The Crystal was overtaking the Fitz. Try reading COLREGS, Rule 13. It's very clear on the subject.

https://www.ecolregs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=55&lang=en
>>
>>34318225
What do you expect from a chick paid to take off her clothes and look pretty?
>>
>>34319757
its exactly the opposite just like on the road where pedestrians have the right of way. the ocean liner has to yield to dingy.
>>
>>34318195
November 2015: INSKochi, a Kolkata-classdestroyer, conducted BrahMos missile test firings whilst the airspace remained open to traffic, due to a communication failure

Holy fuck balls.
>>
>>34318199
>Fitzgerald could and should have avoided any collision. These aren't fighter jets we're talking about here, its only going 15 miles an hour, the collision course would have been on the Fitzgerald's radar for at least half an hour and possibly more.

Unless the merchant vessel changed course just prior to the collision. The Crystal was overtaking the Fitz, meaning that the Crystal was a) the faster ship in this incident and b) did not have the right of way.

All of this, of course, from prelim reports. The only concrete thing we have right now is the track of the Crystal. There's also some indications that the Fitz was DIW/moving very slowly, which ties in with the Crystal overtaking at what, 14 kts?

If the Fitz was stationary or nearly so, she had no chance of dodging. Inertia is a thing.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.