[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the ARX-160/100? On paper, a lot of it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ARX-160-A3-canna-media.jpg (123KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
ARX-160-A3-canna-media.jpg
123KB, 1000x333px
What does /k/ think of the ARX-160/100?

On paper, a lot of it sounds great, namely the relatively light weight, the 100% ambi nature and the bolt holdopen/release position by the trigger guard sounds sweet.

Has anyone got experience with it?

Also why the fuck does it look like a fish? I know making heavy use of polymers will affect the shape, but I mean come on. I imagine the front handguard can't be too comfy.
>>
Sad trash. Thing is clunky as all hell. It's picky on mags and uses its own proprietary parts. No large aftermarket either.
>>
>>34310183
The trigger sucks, but I think someone is making an aftermarket trigger. The top rail wobbles a bit and the provided sights are just atrocious. No comb adjustment is kind of annoying. But hey, it's the only fucking "quick barrel change" rifle that ACTUALLY has plans to bring out barrels for different cartridges, even if that is just .300 BLK.

Oh yea, A2 grip fuckiness. That's annoying, too.
>>
>>34310197
>uses its own proprietary parts
What stupid shit do you think this even means?
>>
>>34310201
>actually has plans to

Lol
>>
>>34310219
Has that changed? Last I checked they were accepting preorders. Oh well.
>>
>>34310203
Last time I checked, there weren't too many parts available, meaning if gun broke it'd have to be sent to manufacture. "Proprietary pats." This is from memory though. I've gots the Alzheimer's real bad of late.
>>
>>34310259
Happens with anything that isn't an AR-15. Just ring Beretta USA and they'll ship you whatever. No need to send it anywhere.

My friend has the ARX-100, I think it's pretty great. Shoots very accurate. We tried a lot of normal STANAG mags and they all worked perfectly. Plastic shit mags might be problematic but only fags buy these.

The iron sights are ok but you can just put any sight or scope on.
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
It's a decent little rifle for the price they can be had for now. I paid $1100 but you can get one for ~900 now. As an SBR it is extremely handy. The trigger is no geissele, but perfectly acceptable for duty. All the polymer takes a little time to smooth out, so the buttons and trigger do get better.
>>
It's not garbage, but it is worse than the competition. Similar to the ruger american pistols, its biggest sin is being boring and bringing nothing new or substantial to the table.
>>
>>34310259
>Last time I checked, there weren't too many parts available, meaning if gun broke it'd have to be sent to manufacture.
What? Who does that? They'll sell you parts, you don't have to send it back to them for repair.
>>34310340
How is the top rail? Did you pin it?
>>
>>34310364
The top rail is fixed in place and won't move around. It's pretty long so you can put what you want anywhere.

There's also one bottom rail and 2 side rails. The side rails are a bit short but long enough for a flashlight or whatever.
>>
>>34310364
I think that was only on the first few shipments. Mine came with a roll pin already installed at the rear of the rail. It's definitely solid.
>>
>>34310183
I have one in my shop and it feels like garbage. Plus the sights are shit and polymer and the bolt handle is literally a stick thin piece of metal.

Also
>pencil barrel
>>
>>34310429
>pencil barrel
A problem, because? Let me guess, you think M16A2/M4 profile barrels are good.
>>
>>34310183
>I imagine the front handguard can't be too comfy.

It's not. Unlike the FS2000, which looks awkward but is actually quite comfortable to shoot, the ARX just handles weirdly if you're used to more conventional, thinner rifles. The stock sights were kind of shitty on the one I shot, but that was also a range rental that had seen plenty of rounds through it so maybe some jackasses fucked them up. I will compliment its accuracy though. Once you get used to the awkward handguard, it's a tack driver in the right hands with decent ammo.
>>
>>34310879
>tack driver
Beretta doesn't think 4-5 MOA groups are a problem, I think you got lucky.
>>
It's way too thicc
>>
>>34311404
Pussy
>>
>>34310183
on paper, its great for me as well. its just so ugly. someone will be along shortly to claim "its not ugly, its just different than what youre used to".
no sorry, its just ugly.
>>
10lb trigger, no thanks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.