[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is using weighted plate carriers for fitness autistic or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 5t0001-511-tactical-vest-lg_2.jpg (265KB, 1536x968px) Image search: [Google]
5t0001-511-tactical-vest-lg_2.jpg
265KB, 1536x968px
Is using weighted plate carriers for fitness autistic or viable? Pic related.
>>
>>34308279
since only crossfitters use it, ill call autistic

crossfit isnt real exercise
>>
>>34308279
Viable. Weighted vest training is a thing. I wouldn't bother getting weighted plates if you already have actual plates though
>>
>>34308300
Less expensive to replace if you accidently damage them.
>>
>>34308288
Ive never tried crossfit but everyone i see who does is in pretty good shape.
>>
>>34308300
I have only an airshit vest not sure what brand but getting actual plates sounds like a good idea, kill two birds with one stone
>>
>>34308279
I think it's autistic, but then again that's after years of doing IOTV/LBA PT in the Army and realizing how fucked my joints are going to be
>>
>>34308279
you just kill your knees.
>>
>>34308331
well yes you do burn calories and shit because you are moving, though you are not strong because you are not doing the movements correctly. same thing with p90x, youll lose weight because youre moving around but doing better exercises will help more.

though it depends if you want to be skinny vs strong

pic related, do you think theyll be abl;e to do 2 proper pull ups? theyre basically using momentum to do it. instead of pure strength as it should be
>>
>>34308279
autistic

youd be more normal if you watched MLP and had a diet consisting of bad dragon cum lube and hot pockets
>>
File: crossshit.gif (684KB, 314x314px) Image search: [Google]
crossshit.gif
684KB, 314x314px
>>34308449
forgot pic
>>
>>34308384
Damm is it really that bad?
>>
>>34308279
What's the cost difference of the training weights vs actual plates?
If it were me i would skip the training stuff and train with real plates. But money isn't an issue for me. Nor is finding plates.
I assume this is to train for actually wearing your carrier, right?
>>
>>34308479
Yeah i want to be able to run long distance with a lot of weight on me for fitness and also in SHTF scenario
>>
>>34308479
a good plate carrier is on the 300s, real level 4 plates are 300 each. you can buy an entire set of weights at 300 lbs for 200 dollars. idk much about this crossfit shit
>>34308497
protip: train with the shit that youll be actually needing as bulk will be different so will your movement. will you be able to carry the weight? yes, are you going to fall to the side because youre not used to your real equipment? yes
>>
>>34308331
A lot of gay guys are in shape, are you going to start taking it in the ass too?
>>
>>34308449
Yeah i dont know what the fuck they are doing there but the way i see it is that if i put on an extra 30 or 40 pounds my body will get used to doing that weight so when i take off the weight it becomes easier... in theory.
>>
>>34308533
well your theory is correct, if you go with this stuff be careful with jumping as it will fuck up your joints though.
>>
>>34308518
Shiiiiit who doesnt these days?
>>
>>34308562
Will do ty anon
>>
>>34308475
Not him, but yeah. The Army has spent millions writing very specific documents describing an Army doctrine on physical fitness. What movements to make and how to make them, a conditioning program that prevents injury and easily develops anyone to meet the Army standard.

Then you get to your unit and the person in charge of your PT is a 25 year old Staff Sergeant who listens to shitty metal and thinks carrying rucks sacks and a 170lb dummy up a 40 degree hill is a good idea.

t. Schofield Barracks, 2010.
>>
>>34308279
It's viable, if you leave the plyometrics out. Just slow and steady movements. Pushups, pull-ups, squats, lunges. No jumping jacks, no running, no box jumps, none of that stupid shit is supposed to be done overweight.
>>
>>34308322
>something that is supposed to protect you from bullet(s) can be damaged by taking a light jog

body armor is a meme
>>
>>34308331
Everyone I've seen do it has shit form and rehabbing one type of injury as a result of said shit form.
>>
>>34308516
Lol no, not even used weight plates are about a dollar a pound and even if you find a 300lb set you're probably getting the bench and some bars so youll almost never pay less than $300 unless you come across a steal of a deal
>>
>>34308331
Every fit crossfitter got fit by doing something else training another way fkr yeaes and now just happen to do "crossfit" except most of the pros don't even follow the w.o.d. except they do olympic lifts and conditioning.
>>
>>34308331
https://youtu.be/Jp7-5gbtfOY?t=90
>>
>>34308331
Most of the "professional" Crossfitters all have a history of power building/ weightlifting.
> Main reason why most crossfitters are in pretty good shape
> Average person starting out gets hurt due to shitty form
> Rich Froning is taking steroids and hasn't gotten caught.
>>
File: weights.png (36KB, 487x251px) Image search: [Google]
weights.png
36KB, 487x251px
>>34309667
i said real ceramic plates, idk about the crossfit weighted plates
>>
>>34308689
Well yeah sucks for training but after having to hump a M2 in full kit up 13 floors worth of stairs in an old Russian grain silo (aid gunner had tripod, other half of ammo and spare barrel) yeah there is a reason the training is stupid, combat is pants on head retarded and you need to have that retard strength on demand. That said expect rice crispy joints and a fucked up back
>>
>>34310571
yeh fair enough. M2 barrel and receiver is fucking enormous and should be man portable I guess.
>>
>>34310596
It is but still sucks to carry. It was worth it to fuck up the rpg faggots on the hill damn near 2miles away but ot took all the ammo we carried and another 2 boxes from a quick witted unattended pfc who became our runner. But short of having to deal with that fuckery I would never exercise in kit even with perfect joints. No need minimal benefits and huge risk of injury
>>
>>34308279
If you wear body armor on your job, train with body armor.
However running with weight is shit for your knees.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.