[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about 80 ar's. I have one built and I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-06-19-20-58-21-.jpg (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-19-20-58-21-.jpg
4KB, 284x177px
Question about 80 ar's.

I have one built and I want to use it as a truck gun. I haven't yet as I've been hearing that using it in such capacity or even in a self defense instant can get you into a lot of legal trouble.

So, from my understanding, I would need to put a serial number on it. I'm perfectly fine with this, but I have no idea how to go about it. Do I take it to a local gunsmith? Is there a way to do it myself? Do I have to.submit anything to state or fed(Indiana, btw)?
>>
im not sure what you mean. you're allowed to build your own gun, and you're allowed to use a gun you built.

transferring ownership without a serial number is another kettle of fish entirely.
>>
You do not need a serial number. If the officer you encounter presses the issue, tell them they can talk to a lawyer, whether you have one on retainer or not.

However, practically speaking; You can buy a lower for like 50 dollars. Frankly thats 50 bucks I'd be willing to pay to avoid stupid cop bullshit
>>
I'm being told that using it in a self defense role without a serial number is a "no go".
>>
>>34306160
That's true. I've been thinking about that and it's not like my LGS doesn't have Anderson lowers for that price everyday anyways.
>>
>>34306171
It's only a no go in that most cops don't even know the common gun laws let alone edge cases like this and will throw shit at you until proven otherwise. Shall not be infringed and all that but you gotta pick your fights, this one is easy enough to avoid.
>>
>>34306171
by whom? police and game wardens are not people you should ask for legal advice.
>>
>>34306200
true. take a scratch awl and carve a "1" into the side of it. there. its serial number 1.
>>
>>34306297
Thats a option I guess, but your average officer on the street will be like "What the fuck this is the first product of a illegal assault weapons factory", don't even fuck with it, keep your homemade stuff to the range.
>>
>>34306297
>>34306107

What exactly is expected of a "serial number" in order for it to be legally transfered?

Is "1" enough or do I have to stamp the caliber and location and shit too?
>>
>>34306358
statist bootlicker detected
>>
>>34306623
>What exactly is expected of a "serial number" in order for it to be legally transfered?
that would be a question for those legally allowed to dispense legal advice. or a google search of gun transfer laws. your call.
>>
>>34306677
Yeah, but everyones already dispensing legal advice so I asked anyway.
>>
>>34306663
If you want to be a champion of our rights I'm all for it. I wish more people could be, and I wish I could, but I have too much to lose in this system. Better to play the game for the most part and push it where you think you can get away with it.
>>
>truck gun
FREE FIREARMS IN OP'S VEHICLE!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.