[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these should I get? I was at a gunstore and fingerfucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: 6.-LCP-LCP-II.jpg (638KB, 1200x746px) Image search: [Google]
6.-LCP-LCP-II.jpg
638KB, 1200x746px
Which one of these should I get?

I was at a gunstore and fingerfucked an LCP II. I was pretty impressed with the overall construction, the sights were better than expected and I could grip it well.

There's just one problem: it's striker fire.

Here's why that's a problem. With the price of .380 I'm going to spend most of my time with it dry firing it. I can't dump thousands of rounds a year at the range like I can with my Glock 19. I'd much prefer a DAO trigger to work with for that reason, so I don't have to rack the slide every time I dry fire.

That brings me back to the LCP .380. PSA has a deal on these for 180 bucks, although honestly I'd probably just pay the extra 20 bucks at sportsman's guide because I like getting my stuff at a predictable timeframe. From what I understand it's worse than the LCP II in every way, and has more or less nonexistent sights, but I like the fact that it's DAO.

What do you say?

The only reason I'm buying this gun is so I have something to carry to the gym or when I'm jogging.
>>
>>34304873
I own the lcp2 and its a fine gun for what is is made to do. It fixed alot of the issues the first gun had and feels good in the hand. The only gripe i have is that there is next to nothing on the slide to grab on too. Since the gun is air weight it actually recoils a bit. Range wise the sights on my case dont seem to be on and are also non adjustable. Is it hammer fired with the hammer hidden in a grove of the gun. Its a fine piece, that does its job just fine. It wont shoot targets that are further away, and its 6+1 capacity is low but to be expected. Trigger pull is long for obvious reason but feels fine when you click it. If for whatever reason you are autistic, you can buy extended mags too. Defeats the purpose though...
>>
>>34304873
Man I bought the Gen 1 from PSA because that price point. Just treat it like a snubby double action and you'll do fine. I don't like the aesthetics of the Gen II it's slightly larger and boxier. Sure it has a better trigger but I really like the look of the Gen 1 LCP, it's rounded and sleek. They're definitely not for inexperienced or new shooters, but if you're confident in your shooting definitely jump on it. I'm a fan of the Gen 1 desu
>>
>>34304873
>>34305135
Also adding to this real quick the LCP isn't DAO, it's single action it has a small hammer that cocks after every cycle, just a long trigger pull. The downside to this is when the trigger reset it can trick you and sound like it has reset at the halfway mark without play in the trigger, but this is false and you need to let off enough for a full reset. Dunno if that has been resolved in Gen 2 or not, but it's a reallllly long single action trigger basically
>>
File: IMG_0477.jpg (324KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0477.jpg
324KB, 960x540px
>>34304873
1 of 2
My targets at 10 yards
>>
File: IMG_0783.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34305202
2 of 2

I could not shoot the lcp well at all. The trigger is terrible. I'm told lcp 2 is better.
>>
>>34305202
Error maybe it was 7 yards, that's even worse; old picture.
>>
>>34305229
That's good shooting for the LCP, good enough at least. It isn't a fucking bulleye gun, it's a "Oh fuck at least it's not a knife" gun. Light, easily concealable, and accurate enough within range
>>
File: 1483730158504.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483730158504.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>choosing a CCW based off of how much you want to dry fire it
>>
You have to rack the slide of the LCP every time as well anon. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW??
>>
>>34305634
really? how is that double action then?

In that case I'll just order the LCPII
>>
File: 1495939432073.gif (1MB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
1495939432073.gif
1MB, 218x218px
>>34307361
They're single action you dingus. Both of them I'm pretty sure. They just have long trigger pulls, the gen 1 being notably longer than the gen 2.
>>
Q:

How does this thing stack up against a Bersa or Glock 43?
>>
You have to rack both after each dry fire but regardless that's a really stupid thing to let decide your concealed carry piece. Racking the slide helps train muscle memory for clearing jams anyway so it's not without benefit.
>>
>>34304873
they feel like shit and the recoil is ridiculous.
>>
>>34308464
Itty bitty.
Smaller than both, worse trigger than both, but more quality (imo) than the bersa.
Its seriously tiny. Google it.
>>
Honestly go with whatever is cheapest (lcp), paint the tiny little "front sight" and call it a day. With something like this, is really doesn't matter. And yeah the double action on this gun is one of those 'pre cocked' things which translates to dry fire training being tiresome and really for a very close range pistol, not nessesary. You can use the extra money you saved to buy grip extensions.
>>
>>34308440
Maybe you should learn what you're talking about. IE double action: they pull the stryker back and then release it. That's why the trigger pull is long. Single action being the hammer or stryker is already fully cocked and the trigger pull is just releasing the hammer/stryker.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>34304873
The guys at the gym say you have a little penis...
>>
>>34308464
Bersa is far larger, but DA/SA and has saftey/decocker.

Far heavier as well. Shoots better, conceals worse, isn't worth the time when compared to other gun in the same size range. Glocks, shields, and the pt-111 all get you better claiber, wieght, and similar capacity or better around the same price point-or less-than a bersa.

They are, however, fucking excellent general purpose guns for women. Fits their hands better than most and doesn't recoil much.
>>
File: GET THE BEST.jpg (205KB, 851x1044px) Image search: [Google]
GET THE BEST.jpg
205KB, 851x1044px
>>34304873
.380 is pretty close to 9x19 pricewise if you're buying bulk online. sgammo has steel case 380 for 19 cents per round and 22 cpr for brass.

That having been said, I tested out the gen I lcp years ago and it was definitely not a gun I would want to shoot as much as a g19, but most pocket carry pistols in .380 and up are like that.
>>
>>34304873
The original LCP's from 2008-11 are different than the new models. The new ones have bigger sights and a lighter trigger. Don't listen to people who say the recoil is "painful" I shot a couple hundred rounds and there was no pain whatsoever not even my GF complained. It is a bit snappy and will try to jump out of your hand because it's so light but you can fix that with a good grip or aftermarket (talon grips). I don't see the point of a Bersa since a shield is around the same price and size and actually shoots 9mm. The whole point of buying 380 is for a small gun that is so thin it would blow up if you used 9mm.
>>
>>34304873
I hate the way the Lcp 2 looks.
If they just made the first one a striker model I would buy it.
I hate the looks so bad I'm gonna buy the first one knowing it's a worse gun.
>>
>>34304873
>There's just one problem: it's striker fire.
No, it isn't. Please do a bare minimum of research on the topic you want to start a thread on before deleting some other thread on the board just so you can shitpost yours. Asshole.
>>
OP here. I keep getting ready to order the LCP II and yet stopping myself.

I mean I want one so I can have a gun on me pretty much at all times when I can't carry my glock 19, but it doesn't really look like a particularly fun gun to shoot, and that's kind of stopping me from pulling the trigger. Part of me wants to say fuck it and buy a 1911 or something that's just fun to take to the range, since that's what I spend most of my time with guns doing anyway.

shit.

>>34308941
That doesn't matter. I have a gun.
>>
>>34308850
They aren't striker fired you fuckin terd they're single action. There is a small hammer that stays cocked after every cycle of the action. Just because it has a long trigger pull, doesn't mean it is double action
>>
I own a Ruger LCP Gen 1. One of few guns I've bought new. Piece of absolute shit.

Trigger is long, hard, crunchy, heavy, terrible. Ruger refused warranty service and said it was purposeful design to prevent ND. Hours on phone and email, no joy.

I'd trade it for an ugly ass Hi Point any day. And after my experience with customer service, I wouldn't buy another Ruger, even second gen, on 90% off clearance. Bastards denied any problem for years and then release the "new and improved" red trigger specifically highlighting that they've fixed what they said wasn't a problem in the first place.

Fuck Ruger. At least until they offer a free fix (trigger replacement) for every single LCP Gen 1 that rolled off their assembly line. Gun buyers shouldn't allow a company to get away with crap like this.
>>
>>34310404
Dude the trigger is easily manageable with a little practice. The gun definitely isn't for inexperienced or new shooters, but it isn't a POS it's a neat little package that's super small, with enough bite. Not to mention the price point right now
>>
>>34308440
>I've never shot one and I'm talking out my ass.

>>34308493
Recoil is a non issue, triggers are absolutely shit though.

>>34308796
Price is close and the version 2 is an upgrade.

>>34310195
It's a shitty range gun and will never be a target gun. It's a pocket gun. A deep concealment gun and a gun light enough to go jogging with.

Get a Glock 19, then get an lcp for when you need a lighter easier to conceal piece.
>>
You'd be better off choosing almost any other gun instead.

If you must, get the skeletonized red trigger version at least. Slightly less of a complete shit gun and will have a little better resale.
>>
>>34310445
Nope. POS.

At this point the only reason I'd put it above a Raven or Jimenez is that it might not actually break, but just go on functioning like shit forever.
>>
File: IMG_0355.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34310470
I have a glock 19 and I've learned to shoot it OK, but it's not the most fun thing to shoot either, although the NY1 trigger spring and talon grips have made it a lot better.

I'll probably go ahead and order the LCPII tonight but a part of me wants to instead get something that's just fun to shoot like a beretta or a sig or a 1911
>>
>>34311119
Pocket 380 is nice to have for some summer activities or if you want to cc with a tucked in dress shirt.
If I'm at work, business professional attire, and I want a gun on me for running an errand on my way out of town or something it's nice.
If it's 100 degrees outside and I want to go running around, it's nice.
Otherwise it's just a shitty gun.
>>
>>34304873
Bass pro sells some maxxtech (or something) .380 for 12 a box of 50. No hiccups in my p238. No excuse not to train
>>
>>34311119
Get a p238, all the concealment of a .380, all the fun and price of a 1911
>>
Maybe look into a 9mm option instead, seeing how you already have a glock 19. Lc9, CCP, PPQ, m&p shield, there's alot of them out there and they are still fun to shoot on the range. I can only shoot maybe 4 mags through my wife's LCP before it gets old and boring, and it's not much fun. But for jogging, going to the gym, or super small pocket carry, really the lcp cant be beat.
>>
>>34304873

i'm guessing you will get really tired of that dao trigger on lcp

are you sure you can dry fire repeatedly lcp w/out racking the slide ?

i have lc380 similar dao trigger & have to rack slide between pulls

get the lcp2 when you want to sell it somebody will want to buy it, the lcp you might as well throw away
>>
File: 1486140942812s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486140942812s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>34304873
>>34304873
Ruger LCP custom for the win. I even like the red trigger.
1) Its thinner than the LCP2.
>> The LCP2 is not much thicker than the LCP Custom but, if you are adding thickness why do it to a gun who's selling point is that it is thin and concealable? Any why only add like 4 milometers?
2) The LCP Custom's sights are raised. That means you can operate it with one hand. Shoving the slide down the side of your pant waist will catch on the sights and pull the slide back and chamber another round. This is part of their design and the LCP2 does not have that feature. It is a two handed weapon.
3) Magazine release on the LCP Custom is guarded by the grip design, prevents accidental drop of magazine. on the LCP2, the top most of portion of the release is exposed to where your thumb will be resting, let alone where it will push down when a gun that small pistol whips and tilts up.

LCP Custom for the win. Every time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.