[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the purpose of Army? Marines do everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

What's the purpose of Army?
Marines do everything they do, only better.
>>
>>34300120
>>
>>34300124
>no arguments
Seriously, what does the Army do? Literally nothing. Marines are doing all important shit.
>>
>>34300150
Logistics, the army has the manpower to do the long haul i.e.

Army
>Move in
>Secure and set up camps with all the logistical supplies to support
>Wash rinse and repeat.
This is why the you have the massive 20km army camps

Marines
>Smash in
>Kill and or rape everything in sight
>Leave the burning shit hole and find a new one to kill and or rape.
The reason we have the two is they do two separate jobs.

Marines are the shock troops army are the logistical powerhouse.
>>
>>34300150
Because they do the same thing in two different ways and this is America so we can afford it so why the fuck not.

Marines have all of their assets integrated they have everything logistics CAS even heavy armor. Pretty much a global nine-one-one that can get anywhere in the world in a couple days.

So you better pray to god that the Marines get the job done because otherwise you are going to face the United States Army. The Army lands on the beachhead and spreads out like a wave, think of the marine corps as a dagger and the Army as a warhammer.

Either or could fuck up any but a handful of countries in the world, each just has a slightly different approach to combat and both are valid.
>>
>>34300165
/thread
>>
There are a lot more people in the Army. Marines hit faster, sometimes harder, then they get ready for the next assault. Army occupies long term.
>>
>>34300120
The Army exists as cannon fodder and to give niggers, womyn, and trannies jobs.
>>
File: 1497796607763.jpg (198KB, 648x402px) Image search: [Google]
1497796607763.jpg
198KB, 648x402px
>>
>>34300120
oorah semper fi devil dogs
>>
And here I was hoping this thread would just fucking die already
>>
There's only so many crayons to eat
>>
File: War Paint.jpg (41KB, 636x425px) Image search: [Google]
War Paint.jpg
41KB, 636x425px
>>34300165
Either way, you're boned if you have to fight either

>get slowly and methodically picked apart by an incredibly overwhelming force that doesn't seem to ever end
>Get destroyed quickly and brutally, survivors forced to pick up the mutilated pieces of their comrades and crayon wrappers scattered all over the place

And thats not even taking our Air Power into account, of course this is all speculation and assuming we're actually fighting a war and not trying to nation build
>>
>>34303250
>>
>>34300120
If by "everything" you mean rape little girls, make embarrassingly bad financial decisions, drive up general crime rates, and then repeatedly fail at both occupation and aggression, then yes. You're quite right. Marines are the best.
>>
>>34300150
Well, the army fights wars and secures strategic objectives, while the marines murder people and eat crayons.
>>
I'm so thankful that Canada doesn't have marines. I think we'd murder them in their sleep. Instead, our sea ninjas are Boarding Party qualified people, but at least they have normal jobs on the ships until a coke boat gets spotted, so it's just a bit of banter between people with different badges on their jackets instead of overt interdeparmental gang violence
>>
File: muhrinetrig.jpg (137KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
muhrinetrig.jpg
137KB, 806x908px
Fallujah

>marines lost town
>army retakes town gives to marines
>marines lose town again
> theend.jpg
>>
File: leafmarines.png (100KB, 354x195px) Image search: [Google]
leafmarines.png
100KB, 354x195px
>>34305056
>I'm so thankful that Canada doesn't have marines.
Then what is this you stupid fucking leaf? Dog fucking faggot. Stop posting.
>>
>>34305127
wtf
>>
Why are marines so prone to commit sexual assault?
>>
>>34305735
crayon deficiency
>>
>>34305735
A bunch of functional alcoholics professionally trained in violence aggression beaten into them on a daily basis with alpha male personalities and no people to kill legally. What could go wrong?
>>
>>34305735
At last they score better at ASVAB than Army
>>
>>34307727
> at last

Anon, minimum required score =/= actual average score
>>
>>34307794
>nitpicking at typo
So what's the average scores?
Who got the lowest scores?
>>
>>34307855
50 is literally THE average, regardless of branch
The branches don't release ASVAB scores for their own men, so we won't ever really know
I'll bet it's more like
Air Force/Coast Guard
Navy
Army
Marine Corps

in order of highest average to lowest average
>>
>>34305340
>>34305127
Marine means navy in poutinespeak.
>>
>>34307881
I really doubt there's much difference between the Navy, Marines, and Army ASVAB-wise.

I have intimate experience with all of those branches. Each has its share of truly brilliant minds and brain-dead retards. Much like anything, really.
>>
>>34300120
The Marines are supposed to be the ground forces of the Navy. But since the Navy hasn't been involved in a protracted military campaign involving amphibious invasions for quite some time, the Marines get sent to do the same general tasks as the Army. Still the Army has a greater ability to do logistics heavy operations.
>>
Even though it's a troll thread, the Marines definitely cannot do the same as the Army, let alone "better." They need an entire other branch (Navy) to function the same. The Marines don't even have a fucking medical branch. They wouldn't last long occupying anything without the Navy.
>>
File: oxuAt.gif (932KB, 175x131px) Image search: [Google]
oxuAt.gif
932KB, 175x131px
>>34308001
>Department of the Navy - United States Marine Corps
>Department of the Navy
>of the Navy
>Navy

Gee, its almost like they are two sides of the same coin.
>>
File: 1441684527532.jpg (53KB, 599x554px) Image search: [Google]
1441684527532.jpg
53KB, 599x554px
>>34303286
That's beautiful.
>>
>>34308035
yea

https://www.usna.edu/USMC/Selection.php
>>
File: IMG_4690.png (208KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4690.png
208KB, 600x600px
I like these guys
>>
File: pepearmy.png (939KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepearmy.png
939KB, 1000x1000px
>>34300165
/thread

Marines don't have the numbers or the budget to hold terrain. Army does.
>>
>>34303286
I fucking love that airman
>>
Which AFSC has the highest ASVAB score requirement? Asking out of curiosity.
>>
Why marine's SF aren't famous like delta or navy seal, despite the fact that they have the better infantry of the 3 ?
>>
>>34309364
Then why bother with marines?
>>
>>34309418
Because Marines are indoctrinated to aggression and are a quick reaction force. They ride with the Navy and can be anywhere in a hurry to fuck shit up. In business terms, they are 'agile'.

Army movements are much, much larger: usually a combined force of several battalions of light and mechanized infantry, armor, signal, air cav, etc. This takes a lot longer to organize and can't move as quickly.
>>
>>34309405
Delta does select from MARSOC. Think of marsoc like more recon-y Rangers with bigger murder boners, but they both feed Delta
>>
>>34300165
so what are 101 and the 82nd for or the other units the army has like rangers??
>>
>>34309460
you forgot Army Stryker or Stryker brigade combat team.
>>
>>34311244
I'm not saying that the army can't do that stuff, I'm saying that the army is aimed at the long fight
>>
>>34311694
It's like saying the Navy is all high speed killing machines because they have the seals, just because you have the capability doesn't take away from the fact that the army is the logistical powerhouse while the Marines are a strike force
>>
>>34309364
>Marines don't have the numbers or the budget
spent it all on recruiting ads
>>
>>34300165
When will this first to fight meme end?
>>
What's the purpose of the Marines? There just a second army. Their only gimmick is amphibious assaults and the army has done plenty of those in North Africa, Europe, and the Pacific. Besides they haven't landed at an enemy occupied beachhead since Korea. They Navy does most of the logistics and transport for them anyway. Seems the only reason anyone keeps them around is
> MUH TRADITION
>SEMPER FI YUT KILL
>GREATES FIGHTING FORCE
>MUH 13 WEEK TRAINING IN WHICH 30% OF THE TIME IS LEARNING USMC """""HISTORY""""""
>>
>>34312320
Never, unfortunately.

I'm still trying to find a war where the marines actually fight first.
>>
>>34300165
"First to fight" is just USMC recruiting bullshit
Rangers and SEALs jumped into Grenada before anyone else. Same as in Panama. The army's 41st infantry regiment was the first unit to engage Iraqi forces in Desert Storm. Rangers jumped into Afghan a few month before Marines showed up
>>
>>34312320
Where did I say they were the first to fight?
>>
>>34311244
This may ruffle some jimmies but I'm pretty sure the airborne component of the Army was just grandfathered in. Airborne operations were really only a fad that the Germans bought into in 1939-40, followed by most of the other major powers. Paradrop operations were rarely successful on either side and useless after the war ended, but the various components stuck around because muh job security or for ideological reasons (see the VDV).

There was a great (RAND?) article about the US, Soviet and British airborne forces and their different trajectory paths after WWII.

This doesn't detract from the rest of the Army's effectiveness, besides stealing budget.
>>
>>34312495
WW2.
>>
>>34300120
>Marines do everything they do, only better.
> Eating crayonz
> Drinking glue
>>
>>34312567
Pls be joking
>>
>>34312585
technically pearl harbor was navy/marines fighting back japanese right? this was before army got deployed to anywhere
>>
>>34313468
Uwot
>>
>>34313507
is >>34313468
not correct? please correct me if i am wrong
>>
>>34303286

Suddenly, I've found the will to live again.

Thank you.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.