[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so, gonna be drawing a comic, and there's a faction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: ANGERY_SKELETON.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY_SKELETON.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
Alright, so, gonna be drawing a comic, and there's a faction that is basically nigger-poor and has to scav their weapons and jury-rig shit to make their weaponry, they scav a modern rifle or some hi-tech sci-fi rifle from the enemy and will cannibilise it for parts.

Thing is I want accuracy to weapon structure, when I draw a weapon I have in mind I have a diagram of how said weapon is put together, but can you inform me of what weapons jury-rig well together, if at all?
>>
why don't they just use the gun
>>
File: SoldierTech_G11-1.jpg (45KB, 556x298px) Image search: [Google]
SoldierTech_G11-1.jpg
45KB, 556x298px
>>34299532
Have some space magic
>>
>>34299536
Because they want to maintain all their weapons as opposed to having one dude with a good gun and everyone else with broken or damaged shit.

Or two dudes will have functioning weapons, find a gun, and want to fucking add that shit onto their own weapons because it's cool.

They're somewhat in a mindset of W40k Orks of 'We think red makes our vehicles go faster', which it does simply because they think that shit does. For these dudes its 'my weapon will be better if I rig it with all these extra parts from other guns n' shit.'
>>
>>34299532
There aren't many guns which will just snap together like Lego blocks, unless they are very much of the same make. The pkm and the AK for example are internally similar but have almost no interchangeable parts. There isn't much room for error in most gun parts.

>>34299536
This guy raises a point. Any two guns with qualities enough to matter will almost certainly be incompatible

That said, it is reasonable to scavenge lots of weapon accessories: sights, attachments etc, and if your man uses a non standard weapon you could have them attached in a pleasingly cobbled together style.
>>
>>34299545
So they're basically ARfags
>>
>>34299545
>Because they want to maintain all their weapons as opposed to having one dude with a good gun and everyone else with broken or damaged shit.
real life isnt fallout with jury rigging.
if there were say 4 guys with shit guns and 1 new good gun. taking apart the good gun will just result in 4 guys with shit guns and a handful of parts that arent compatible with anything.
>>
File: AR15 lightweight.jpg (341KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
AR15 lightweight.jpg
341KB, 1440x960px
>>34299545
I'm still sorta confused

if you have enough spare guns captured from the enemy to break them down into pieces to slap on to shit guns, you'd have enough to just use the original guns.

Most of the time gun parts are only interchangeable with other guns frim the same family, like the AR-15.
>>
>>34299550
What about just stamping out easy weapons like the WW2 Sten SMG or the bastard gun from Metro? Custom pieces that they might be able to mash together?

>>34299553
Pardon?

>>34299555
Yeah, a shame. If I want this to be at least semi realistic then I'd need to take such things into account.

I'm just thinking like, would it theoretically be possible to take the barrel from an AK, and rig it to the body of an M16, for example? Or would the inner workings just be like 'wtf man I can't function under this condition'.

>>34299561
So my above point wouldn't be possible?

What makes, for example, a magazine from an AK unable to be loaded into an M16? Slightly varying millimetres in size?
>>
>>34299566
Different magazine release mechanisms, as well.
>>
File: RMCS-2-of-31-1.jpg (655KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
RMCS-2-of-31-1.jpg
655KB, 1200x800px
>>34299566
>Slightly varying millimetres in size?
more like huge variations in size and locking mechanisms
>>
>>34299567
>>34299572
Ah I see.

Again, theoretically, would it be possible to create a rifle that had several different locking mechanisms and could take different magazines?

I'm assuming here that a rifle chambered in 5.56 would not be able to fire 7.62 because the other bullets are larger in diameter. Could an AK fire 5.56?
>>
>>34299580
>Again, theoretically, would it be possible to create a rifle that had several different locking mechanisms and could take different magazines?
It is entirely possible.
>>
>>34299588
Are there any weapons that do that?
>>
>>34299591
There are some that can use interchangeable releases but a genuine all-in-one system is dumb.
>>
>>34299591
The Magpul Masada was supposed to be able to swap lower receivers that could take AK style magazines
>>
>>34299580
>Could an AK fire 5.56?
an ak in 762x39 could fire 5.56 once. then it would jam up horribly with a stuck casing and be unfixable in field conditions.
look if you want to draw comicbook mishmash guns feel free plently of artists make abominations but dont attempt to call it "accurate"
>>
>>34299599
Of course, the reciever. Hm.

>>34299602
Yeah, I figured so. You might have guessed I aint really a super-/k/fag. Why could an AK only fire the smaller round once and jam if it should eject without issue due to not being as big?
>>
>>34299566
>I'm just thinking like, would it theoretically be possible to take the barrel from an AK, and rig it to the body of an M16,
No, the barrels on both the AK and M16 are ported (ie. have fucking holes drilled in them) in very particular places, but have very different means of actuating the action of the firearm and ejecting/loading new rounds.

You could very well use the barrel of an AK for a manually cycled weapon or a blowback/recoil operated weapon. (although it'd probably have to be chambered in 7.62x25 or the likes to make such a design practical)
>>
File: proxy.jpg (30KB, 486x479px) Image search: [Google]
proxy.jpg
30KB, 486x479px
>>34299614
casings expand when fired. something like this will happen. the 5.56 will stretch all it can and resize its sell to the 762 chamber.
the bullet part will make it out the barrel fine with a severe lack of accuracy but the case will be stuck hard.
>>
>>34299619
Yet another fag question: Difference between a manually cycled weapon and a blowback?

I'd google this one but /k/ explains things easier.
>>
>>34299532
Look up Syrian and Pakistani makeshift/diy and copied firearms. You'll see some goofy looking functional shit.
>>
>>34299677
Thanks, senpai.
>>
>>34299566
If you built garage tier sten-alikes then it would be easy enough to rig them to accept the enemy's super tier attachments sure. I think captured weapons would be best not fucked with as far as mechanics goes, but heaps of real life fighters customise appearance with paint and lucky charms, and function with stuff like stocks, torches, lasers, launchers to suit their tastes. Have them tape magazines together, cut down barrels and stuff if you feel like it, just don't mess with internals or calibre conversions.
>>
>>34299675
>manually cycled weapon
something like a bolt action, pump action or lever action where a person moves a thing to chamber and eject a round every shot
>blowback
has springs will be full auto or semiauto. only thing shooter does is the initial cocking of the gun and pulling the trigger.
>>
Your best bet is them using the enemy's weapons but changing cosmetic shit like the stocks, sights, decorating the mags/making their own, and the like. Because you can't just swap barrels and receivers on totally different firearms and see them work. You can find lots of pictures of shit similar to this in the hands of middle eastern retards online. Also look up the shovel AK for a cool DIY type deal.
>>
>>34299691
Oh right, gotcha.

AR's and AK's are blowback and such.

>>34299698
Yeah this dude said as much >>34299677
>>
>>34299702
>AR's and AK's are blowback and such.
not exactly a blowback is a specific type of action but the rough concept is the same
>>
>>34299702
Ars and aks are automatic or semi automatic, if you want to get technical the AK is a long stroke piston and the AR is a direct impingement l, the sten is blowback. Blowback means specifically that the cartridge itself is only held in the chamber by the weight of the bolt and the spring the bolt rides on, meaning when fired the case pushes the bolt back in order to cycle the action. Ars and aks (and pretty much every modern rifle) instead divert gas from the barrel to push the bolt back. Blowback generally only works with pistol power caryridges, though there are ways of modifying the way the bolt interacts with the rails it is on to cope with more power, but only the Germans have really bothered. >>34299691 only gave you part of the story.
>>
>>34299965
Well all that technical stuff you said didn't make much sense to me. I kind of require a step by step visual guide to learn this sort of thing off by heart. His simple explanation is kinda general and helps basic ideas.
>>
>>34299974
its a difference of refinement. a blowback gun would be like using a rock as a hammer. an ar or aks operation would be like a actual hammer made of metal with a wood handle.
the hammering part is the same but the tool(term) used is more refined and complex.
>>
>>34299974
True, just calling an AK blowback is just wrong and I thought you deserved not to be misled. It's cool if you don't obsess oflver the minutiae of firearms as I do, just be aware blowback is just a subset of self loading firearms and you'll be fine.
>>
>>34300036
Aight.
>>
File: how aks work.gif (2MB, 280x209px) Image search: [Google]
how aks work.gif
2MB, 280x209px
>>34300036
>Just calling an AK blowback is just wrong
>Blowback is a system of operation for self-loading firearms that obtains energy from the motion of the cartridge case as it is pushed to the rear by expanding gas created by the ignition of the propellant charge
:thinking:
>>
File: ak74.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ak74.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>34299532
A webm illustrating how AK's action works irl
>>
>>34300063
"that obtains energy from the motion of the cartridge case"

Aks do not do that, they obtain energy from the gas pressure in the barrel, as that gif clearly shows. Five minutes on Wikipedia friend, that's all you need.
>>
>>34300084
>>34300063
Sweet, thanks /k/fags.
>>
>>34300084
maybe it's just my imagination but that looks rather sexual when it rams it's biston back and forth into the port while it discharges a load
>>
File: fal.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fal.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>34300084
There you can see FN FAL's action that uses short stroke piston. One of the main differences is that the piston rod is separated from the bolt carrier.
>>
>>34300108
FALs are sexy
>>
File: ak.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ak.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>34300092
Even your description sounds incredibly lewd, not to mention the action itself
>>
File: G3operation.webm (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
G3operation.webm
2MB, 720x540px
>>34300084
>>34300108
>>34300129
>>34299532
I also have G3's action if anyone's interested
>>
>>34300149
I like the fire selector markings.
>1
>3
>all of them
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.