[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is joining the army really, /k/? All my life i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 3

How hard is joining the army really, /k/?
All my life i've been a pansy. I always avoid confrontation, i have self esteem issues, etc
But lately i've realized my life is going nowhere and society doesn't give a shit about me
So, if i'm going to die anyways, i'd rather die in combat serving someone
I'm kind of weak, I barely work out, and I'm pretty girly; but i like to think once i'm FORCED into something i can endure it pretty well
I'm 19 right now, and the plan is to finiish college and join the army
>>
You sound like a self entitled moron. Join the marines, you'll do fine.

But seriously don't join the military expecting to be molded into something because you have to be. You need to WANT it if you plan to succeed.

You won't make it past reception with that attitude.
>>
>>34297358
>hi i want to army :DDD
>ok frien are you a griminal? :D
>no :DDDD
>heres an asfab tesd for you buddy :DDD
>ok you are army now heres ur plane ticked to boot camp :DDD

super simple stuff OP, don't sweat it
>>
>>34297450
I'm more worried about bootcamp. I feel like I won't fit in. Like pvt pyle in FMJ
>>
>>34297415
Do I really sound like that? :(
>>
>>34297450
>scored really well on the asvab in high school

is there any cool shit you can do in the army with just a high ASVAB score?
>>
good goy die for isreal
>>
>>34297500
Ha no.
Just join apply for Chairforce.
>>
>>34297518
we're all gonna die for isreael, anon. We're all livestock in the big capitalist machine. Might as well have fun shooting sand niggers
>>
>>34297523
i'd rather go infantry..
>>
File: Majorbriggs.png (167KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
Majorbriggs.png
167KB, 320x287px
>>34297523
that's discouraging

how do i be like this guy
>>
>>34297500
35 series is neat. 15w is badass if you can stand a 9-12 months of mental shit at AIT. Infantry is the best.
>>
>>34297486
Βootcamp is passable if
A) You are not a idiot
B) You do what you're told and not talk back (like an idiot)
>>
>>34297500
fuck if I know, I'm in the Air Force...
I've been stationed on an Army base though, and by far the coolest job I've ever got to interact with was PSYOPs. You have to retrain into that though.
>>
>>34297548
i'm pretty good at following orders... define idiot please
>>
>>34297548
Add you have some mental fortitude. I saw more than one person drop because they couldn't take the bullshit.
>>
>>34297561
is it really that taxing?
>>
>>34297580
Not by my standards but a lot of folks cracked.

Had a kid start licking the floor asking for Jesus to save him after his first hair cut. Had someone try to commit suicide. One guy had a buddy smash his arm with a rock so he could get out. And a lot of bitches just quitting because they didn't want to wait in a line at reception.
>>
>>34297599
would you mind sharing the worst you've seen in bootcamp?
>>
File: 1489835852806.jpg (167KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1489835852806.jpg
167KB, 810x810px
>>34297358

Sounds like you'd benefit from it.

Army combat arms or Marines is good for breaking effeminate men into proper lads.
>>
>>34297556
Don't assume "drop and give me 20" means "drop the nearest fragile object and give me twenty pieces of it"
>>
>>34297614
I honestly don't mind that I'm girly, I just want to know i'm capable of fighting and standing up for myself.
The whole "camaraderie" aspect really catches my eye, too. I want to know what it feels like to be in a team
>>
>>34297542

Infantry has some neat stuff you can do. You can apply for Old Guard (ceremonial shit really boring but kind of cool because you get to see alot of the heritage of the Army), there's also Ranger Batt, Ranger School, Selection, etc.

Being Airborne Infantry is another cool thing too.
>>
>>34297605
I smiled while getting smoked, a drill Sgt asked why and I said because I was having fun. She went on for another two hours. It's called basic training in the army by the way.

A marine buddy at boot camp (not actually called that anymore either but I'm not a marine and I forgot the name) said he had to get on his hands and knees and dust his entire bay while in the front leaning rest. He got up to clean the top of the lockers and was promptly smoked
>>
>>34297629
ah, then yeah i think i'm above that
>>
>>34297605
I don't really have any insane stories.
>>
>>34297358
>pretty girly
Well the way I see it you have two options, get your shit together and join the marines, or become a trap and whore yourself on Reddit. Which sounds better?
>>
>>34297643
I'd probably go Airborne Infantry then. I want to fight
>>
>>34297640
>I honestly don't mind that I'm girly

you should. you're part of a unit and when you go into combat it's not at all about what you want, it's about melding into the group as a whole and being completely zen

You sound like you should just try some martial arts desu lad. You'd be unhappy and not getting anywhere with your personal goals if you went combat arms it sounds like.
>>
>>34297666

See what I said here;

>>34297675

And going Airborne doesn't guarantee you combat, it isn't even a higher percentage chance. It's just cool because you do jumps sometimes and their units celebrate their history.
>>
>>34297647
Doesn't sound TOO bad. I''m honestly used to being yelled at. Do you like being in the army?>>34297661
none at all, anon? sorry to push, but the only prior knowledge i have of the army is a story my mom keeps telling me. Apparently, one of her old friends (who used to run in marathons and shit) tried joining the army and ran away after 2 days because it was too much
>>34297675
I mean i wouldn't act girly in combat... I just meant that I don't want to stop being myself, I want to be a better version of myself, one tough enough to survive the army. I've tried boxing and kendo, but joining the army still seems like the best way of proving myself i can endure some tough shit
>>
>>34297703
>Do you like being in the army?
It is absolutely filled to the brim with the most frustrating and mind numbing bullshit I have ever delt with. There are days I go home filled with an indescribable rage. And others where it hurts to move because I'm so tired. But it's done a lot for me. I've met a lot of good friends and gotten a college degree. I've got a lot of experience you'll never find anywhere else. If I did it all over again I'd join up again.

But fuck reenlisting. Fuuuuuucckk reeinlisting.
>>
>>34297757
Reenlisting means doing another tour of duty, right?
HHow long were you an active member of the army?
>>
>>34297703
>I mean i wouldn't act girly in combat... I just meant that I don't want to stop being myself, I want to be a better version of myself, one tough enough to survive the army. I've tried boxing and kendo, but joining the army still seems like the best way of proving myself i can endure some tough shit

So what you have to understand is that ultimately you are becoming less of a person and again, more of a part of a machine. You must understand that there is nothing sacred to the group in this regard, everything is being judged and examined about you from the moment you arrive at your unit, and this is true whether or not it is boot camp or regular Army. And why wouldn't it? If you give anybody reason to suspect you are weak, there will be talk forming around it from someone eventually. I'm not saying you're not able to handle it, but you had best learn that there is a standard you ought to learn to conform to. You can act how you want in your own space as much as you like, but if you are a low-hanging fruit and make yourself too different from the group you will get ripped to shreds and fucked with, and ultimately that is for the better.

I'm not saying to you don't do it either, but just keep in mind that the Army, the Marines, or any professional fighting organization is all about appearances, and if you could just learn that before you go in, to suppress or be aware of certain habits that might make you interpreted as weak, then you will be okay.
>>
>>34297765
You sign a contract when you join for 4-8 years generally. Reeinlisting is signing another contract, but it can be as little as a 2 year.

I'm almost at the end of my contract.
>>
>>34297774
Thanks anon, that's some of the best advice i've heard. I'm a bit afraid of losing my individuality, but i've honestly kept who i am hidden from others for a LONG while, so how bad can bootcamp be?
>>
>>34297787
Shit, I didn't know the contracts were that long. I thought most were 6 months, top. Can you just not leave? Is everyone required to go down the same path? (getting a contract, I mean)
Apologies, but i am really not too knowledgeable when it comes to army shit. I thought you literally trained for 3-ish months, gotdeployed for 6 months, and that was it
>>
>>34297703
When you join the military you sacrifice not only your time, your body, and some of your constitutional rights. But some of your " soul" as well. The military wants you to be a certain way and either you change or you get out.

You don't have to live the hooah life completely but you need and they need you to be influenced by it.
>>
>>34297807
Yeah, i've seen people who have a burning passion for their country thanks to the army.
I'd like to be like that
>>
>>34297797
No. No no no no. The training the military gives you is often worth hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. Everyone signs that dotted line and everyone who does belongs to the govt.
>>
>>34297797
3 months of basic and anywhere from 1 month to 12+ months of AIT for MOS training.

Airborne infantry is a total of 16 weeks training iirc.
>>
>>34297827
Thanks for the info man. So you flat out can't leave unless you have a medical condition, right?
>>
>>34297848
I think I could survive 2 years
>>
>>34297850
Even then they are going to try and fix you.
>>
>>34297498
Now that you're using frowny faces you just sound like a little bitch. Join the air force.
>>
Please don't join I'm tired of shitbag privates.

>Inb4 I'll be E4 after college

Shut up private.
>>
>>34297358
>be me
>want to join military my entire life
>put off college
>put of summer job for training
>week before I turn 18 tear my ACL and LCL during sports
>now i cant join military
>no job
>going to shitty community college

It hurts
>>
>>34297856
The army care about you like you would care about your only 100,000 dollar hammer.

You're gonna use it, hard, but you'll take care of it too.
>>
>>34297856
Shit. Well, turns out this IS a huge life decision.. now i know even less what I want to do with myself. Thanks a lot for the patience, man, i'm just a normie when it comes to military shit. In your opinion, is it worth it?>>34297869
I'm sorry anon. I'm sure you'll have another chance when you're done with college
>>
>>34297887
Like I said, if you can deal with the burning rage of 1000 suns without punching a superior in the face in exchange for some great benefits, go for it.

Just don't be a whiney shitbag, bitch.
>>
>>34297914
I'll try not to, sir
>>
>>34297358
I know a legit autist who just passed Air Force basic so it's obviously not that hard, he might wash out at tech school or first duty post but he made it thru basic nonetheless

as for the army as long as you can run 2 miles and hump a loaded pack you're good. they like to waiver in a bunch of society rejects who can't make it in the real world so you'll have plenty of competition for a all around failure of a human

as for the girly part there's a trap (pretty passable desu) that was in the army as 11b so you wont be the first to transition to your true calling after your enlistment

tl;dr
you're not special or unique there have been a many autist and mentally ill ppl to have gone thru the military. lots of cucks too unsurprisingly
>>
>>34297941
have you been in he army anon?
>>
>>34297605
Nothing to crazy when I went through MCRD. We did have one guy fall on the bathroom and claim to have amnesia, another saying that guns gave him terrible PTSD since his mom got shot or some shit. Both of course were patently false. Also for the moment of truth I overhead another recruit saying that he smoked 50lbs of dope and his girlfriend was pregnant at the time, it didn't occur to me much later that he said that to get out. Oh and there was our own Pvt. Pile Citro. Unlike Pvt. Pile Citro was a selfish piece of shit and it was obvious as fuck. Some highlights of Citro was pissing himself during a PT run, falling out of the moto run at the end of boot camp (he was like three platoons behind ours by the end of it) and cleaning his nails. Now in recruit training small simple things done wrong or not 100% right were treated AS THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD AS YOU KNOW IT. Now the Officers were the relatively relaxed compared to the DIs, it was rare that they ever had to raise their voice for anything. But when Citro was caught by none other than our follow series Commander he blew his fucking fuse, like I have never seen an officer do before or since, then called the DIs to our Auditorium. They then dragged him outside and inside of the auditorium was so silent that you could hear a pen drop were it not from the shrieking of the DIs and poor little Citro getting the shit hazed out of him. This went on for like 15 mins of noise that I think would best be replicated by lighting howler monkeys on fire then throwing them in a blender. Citro came back looking and sounding like he took all of Okinawa singlehandly. After letting him pant for 5 mins our Follow Series commander continued on like nothing happened
>>
>>34297921
Not him but don't call anyone sir who doesn't outrank you. If you're a private act like you're the top fucking alpha private while also making it clear you're one of the team. You're surrounded by wolves at all times. Be one.
>>
>>34298033
Also don't call an NCO sir.
>>
they don't accept anyone with and IQ lower than 85
>>
>>34297994
OP you have to remember that for 90% of the guys that you hear stories like this about during basic it wasn't that it was too hard, it was that these guys found out what life was really going to be like. They either didn't think through their decision to join or they had the wrong image in their head - which can happen with a shitty recruiter.
>>
>>34298054
If that's true where do marines come from?
>>
>>34298033
i'll take that into consideration. That sounds awesome though, I want to become a wolf
>>
>military family
>USAF pilot dad
>trap
>DoD technical consultant
>much money, no risk
>family is disappoint
>secretly wish to be operator but it would be trading down
>>
>>34297358
If you're not a fighter now, the Army aint gonna change your fundamental character and turn you into a fighter either.

Fix your shit now. Start lifting, start physical training, try your hand at boxing and BJJ. Graduate from college, maybe go in as an officer.
>>
>>34297961
Air Force
>>
>>34298154
What's BJJ? I've been boxing on and off for a while now, I'm going to start again on tuesday.
What do you mean "go in as an officer"?
>>
>Do you have a disqualifying medical condition?
>Do you have a criminal record?
If you answered no to both you're in. Basically you just have to be born with a tiny bit of luck and not be a nigger.
>>
>>34298085
Then compete. Learn to compete with strangers with the intent of destroying them and learn to compete with friends with the intent of improving them. Those are the two most important skills of every infantryman. Destroying anything not with you and building up yourself and your squad mates. And the answer to both is competition.
>>
>>34298087
Do you like the comfy life? Than stay as is. Do you appreciate struggle? Then operate. It's that simple. If money is the problem then take the money you're making now and invest and forget while you operate, save more money while you operate and come out a well off man.
>>
>>34297358
>So, if i'm going to die anyways, i'd rather die in combat serving someone
I thought this too. I decided to work on becoming a firefighter instead. I'm already a volunteer. I can't do much since I don't have any medical training (only cpr), but the district will train me up to EMT B (Starting with EMR) after the probation period.
>>
>>34297358
Anon, the marines are where its at!
>>
>>34297358
>All my life i've been a pansy. I always avoid confrontation, i have self esteem issues, etc

i was like that years ago, then i joined the military. today im tough as nails all my friends are saying im a self confident, intelligent tough guy.

just make sure to join the infantry, i would say rangers or marines. when you choose a pussy branch you will stay a pussy.

becoming confident and shit is part of growing up, i grew up in the military and i would say you should too. ill never regret it.
>>
>>34297664
Can't you become a Marine and then also become the barracks traps?
>>
>>34297415
FPBP
>>
I feel the same as OP to an extent, I just can't imagine dying for anything. I don't really care about the third world, I don't want to eat a bullet so my team can capture some block in a city that will be overtaken the next week or given up by some politician next year. I guess I can see dying to help save your teammates but even that isn't ideal to me.
>>
>>34297358
You young guys need to stop worrying about being a bitch so much. You do a lot of maturing in your late teens and early 20s. I went in the infantry and it was pretty gay. I recommend becoming a firefighter or something actually noble and good for your community. You are serving nothing in the military except whatever ideals you bring with you that you don't lose while in. My drills even said the "freedom and America" shit is a bunch of BS. And those were apparently the motivated guys who craft future soldiers. You can imagine what its like at the Line.

Lift some weights, do boxing or MMA or something, date a few girls, get a fast car and a blue collar job. You'll be "a real man" and it'll be a better decision than staying in faggy college and going into thousands in debt for a degree that you probably don't need.
>>
>>34297358
Life isn't easy, but it has it's upsides as well. Like being with people who become your friends all day. The lack of freedom and the shit tier food suck though.
T. IDF
>>
I'm not going to lie, I got hard thinking about a feminine new guy joining our troop and getting fucked by us all.
>>
>>34301766
you can put me in a dress and fuck me if you want, anon
>>
>>34297358
>All my life i've been a pansy. I always avoid confrontation, i have self esteem issues, etc

will boot camp really change this ?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.