[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/65621 8650 Local fun store jus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pix786092251.jpg (70KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix786092251.jpg
70KB, 567x425px
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/656218650
Local fun store just put this M1A up on their gunbroker page. Doesn't seem like anybody is gonna bid on it. Would it be worth it for $1250? I called the store and they said it comes with the rear scope mount and a wooden stock too. Do you guys think this would be a good deal? I've never shot an M1A but i've always thought it's a sexy fucking rifle. What can /k/ tell me about the M1A? Is it really as accurate and reliable as the local fudd lore would have me believe?
>>
ive never shot one but ive held one..very heavy and awkward gun..imo sks is better in almost every way
>>
>>34293913
I love mine, but I've always really enjoyed both the look and function of the Garand/M14. It is heavy, but if you're a big guy it won't matter so much.
>>
SKS is the way2be. Dont waste that kind of money on this shit
>>
>>34294583
care to explain why you call it shit?
>>
Op
Ignore these fucktards,>>34294307
>>34294583 ... trying to compare an SKS to an M1A is like comparing a bad trap to a good one.

Having currently owned this (and an SKS)... They are a bit heavy, they feel a bit awkward, at first, but once you get used to it, they're butterballs. Plus, if you don't have a full size battle rifle, they make an excellent, albeit slightly expensive, foray into owning big boy guns, that shoot big boy bullets

Now, or you two afore mentioned idiots.
Your argument that an SKS is superior is fucking retarded.... the sks shoots the puny 7.62x39 intermediate cartridge, good for AK's, Siminov worshipers, and drunken slavs...

Is summer over yet?
>>
>>34293913
they're nice rifles, if a bit dated of a design, and it really shows just how revolutionary the AR system was that it was designed only a year after the M14 was designed.

invest in a tub of grease
>>
>>34293913
if I was going to buy an outdated battle rifle, I'd probably go with a Garand instead
>>
>>34293913
I've got one, it's awesome. I prefer the weight of the wooden stock, but that's because I'm stupid.

If you want a .308 fun, go for it.
>>
>>34293913
Thats a great deal OP, definitely go for it. I have this exact same rifle with a FDE stock, and i absolutely love it. i shoot steel targets 600 yards out of these irons.

Dont listen to these poor fags.
>>
>>34293913
For that price you could build up a much better AR-10.
>>
>>34298108
Especially if you like mixing up incompatible parts that should fit, if they were only made to some kind of unifying spec
>>
>>34294647
the characteristics you you posted about the sks sound more like pros rather than cons
>>
>>34293913
1250 is a great price for this model esp if it has an extra stock.

Can't tell you if the M1A is any good, I'd just go for a PTR or AR10 for economical reasons but it's your preference.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.