[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is a giant tank the size of a house viable in the modern battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

is a giant tank the size of a house viable in the modern battle space??

Imagine a tank really really big armor so thick you need a nuke to penetrate it

with a gun that has a range or a thousand mile that can carry ICBM's that can even go on water and submarine mode. That houses thousands of troops and can even carry planes.
>>
>>34291292
no
>>
File: krupp_bagger_288.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
krupp_bagger_288.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>>34291292
>mobile
kek
>>
>>34291292
Tomahawk Strike to the tracks and there goes your "mobile" fortress
>>
>>34291324
but imagine 10's of them running around in one area how would poor countries aford them also them being used as comand centers would be great
>>
File: 1488210980490.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1488210980490.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>34291344
Believe it or not, this is already accomplished with little Army toesies and small and light vehicles. That way if one vehicle or soldier were to break down, the unit can still move and accomplish its goals instead of waiting 8 weeks for Mega tracks to be flown in
>>
>>34291319
How much money would we have to pool to have two of those fight?
>>
>>34291319
>>34291344
Reference the bucket wheel excavator above.
It can barely move about and it is very tiny in comparison to OP's fantasy.
The entire world's economy could not afford to build one.
Physics.
A funny thing happens when you scale up a model.
You simply cannot say "Make this beam exactly 10 times larger"
Eventually the size of the beam will only be able to support the beam itself, without the cities of troops and airports above it.
>>
>>34291292
>is a giant tank the size of a house viable in the modern battle space??
Leo2A6 and Merkavas are already have size of the house.
>>
>>34291292
A FUCKING RAMP
>>
>>34291354
>>34291369
it would be so big it would scare every one

it could be used as a mobile based and it would look so cool
>>
>>34291324

If such a thing were ever to exist, I imagine that whomever built it thought to install some form of anti-air or active-defence systems.
>>
>what are scaling laws

This is middle school physics stuff. Elementary, if you went to a private school.
>>
>>34291480
Oh yeah I loved my 3rd grade physics class
>>
File: 1485923715917.jpg (113KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
1485923715917.jpg
113KB, 578x712px
>>34291487
More like 3rd grade science for me in private school

>did basics for every subject under sun
>got to do some calculus, integers, physics and neat projects
>go back to public school half way through 7th grade
>Subjects were just blanket terms to do cool shit semi related to it
>learning shit that is 3.5 years old for me
>didn't ace it but did better than most other kids

Swear to Gott im himmel that public school is where you go to figure out sex, and fuck around in sub adult daycare. Private school is for the next senator
>>
>>34291532
Wow. You are very smart.
>>
>>34291542
No, I'm average compared to the people I know, probably on the bottom half of my social circle desu. Most people are just dumb.
>>
>>34291532
same here use to go to a private school in asia we did 7 subjects when we were 6 or 7 years old every thing was great

then went to public government school all we did was 3 subjects every thing was a joke cos i was the only light skinned asian dude in class and the teacher was this black feminist she thought i was dumb as hell

but was increibly supprised how behind and slow kids were in gobment school
>>
>>34291455
not sure if retard, troll or 12 years old
>>
>>34291455
Scare the troops, maybe, yeah, scare the bomber with cruise missiles over 500 kilometers away? No. And they will know where your damn 'mobile' fortress is, and next thing you know, your fortress gets tracked, or penned by A DAMN BIG FUCKING MISSILE with more kinetic energy than an 18 inch shell.
>>
>>34291292
Well artillery is a thing that exists now so, no a giant target that moves so slow it may as well be stationary is not a great idea. You want to know how I can tell you're underage, your idea is totally devoid of practicality for every application except making a sweet action figure play set for your GI Joes.
>>
>>34291292

Great.

How are you gonna get it from the factory to the warzone?
>>
>>34291292
We basically tried a smaller version of this in the great war, didn't work well
>>
>>34291369
>first letters in each line are R, I, T, P, A, E
>Not making it secretly say "PIRATE"
>>
>>34291597
I'm not OP, but a land form of an aircraft carrier is probably what is being talked about
Which in theory could work if it's properly equipped to deal with sufficient threats
The biggest downside is finding enough land to drive the thing
>>
>>34293193
PIRATEY
You may to refill your autism fluid.
>>
>>34293232
Or the 6 bazillion to one gear ratio needed to climb a 1% grade.
>>
>>34291362
somewhere around 100m €
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.