[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright boyo's, commin to be 21 soon and i'd like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 238-hd-ca.jpg (36KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
238-hd-ca.jpg
36KB, 700x600px
alright boyo's, commin to be 21 soon and i'd like to get myself a CCW for my birthday in California.
Now, i've been looking at the P238, pic related, but im open to suggestions. My thing is that there's only two finishes that i can get in California, so im stuck with just this pic related. Thoughts? Doesn't have to be this small of a gun
>>
File: 32_main.jpg (202KB, 798x392px) Image search: [Google]
32_main.jpg
202KB, 798x392px
Get a Jiminez
>>
>>34287552
>CCW
>california
good luck
>>
>>34287552

Save up so you can move
>>
>>34287607
A NICE CRISP 8-10 POUND SOMEWHERE IN THE BALLPARK TRIGGER
>>
>>34287616
ahh im in super far north Humboldt, getting the liscense is easy
>>
>>34287670
yea getting the license but a conceal carry? good fucking luck
>>
>>34287552
>CCW for my birthday in California

Do you have dirt on your sheriff or are you planning on blowing him?
>>
lmao you ain't never getting a CCW in cali unless you deliver solid gold dildos for a living
>>
>10 day wait period
>AND 30 day wait period between purchases
>PLUS 10 days on top of that
>>
>>34287675
i'm not entirely sure what you mean.. do you mean buying a gun? lol?
>>34287677
my dudes Humboldt is easy, you walk in, test, boom. slowest part is the mail>>34287679
>>
>>34287756
>i'm not entirely sure what you mean.. do you mean buying a gun? lol?
Yea its called a Pistol permit and you have Conceal Carry restricted to certain places but to actually get an Unrestricted Conceal Carry is virtually impossible

Someone had looked up the public record and found that in sacramento for example the only two people to own an unrestricted CCW is Feinstein and some other fucking movie director
>>
>>34287806
i get what you're saying, but county by county is incredibly different. something like two years ago i think? my parents got it like butter. nothing big has changed in two years for CC
>>
bumpidy
>>
>>34287552
I use and carry a P938. For not much larger of a gun, you can carry 9mm instead of .380.
Terrific gun, you will not be disappointed.
The only quirk I found was that my P938 does not like to extract 115 gr. ammo, for whatever reason. I never found the answer through all my research. I remedied this problem simply by using 124 gr. or heavier ammo.
>>
>>34288436
sadly, California doesn't have any 938 on its handgun roster..
>>
P238 was my first CCW. I later upgraded to the P938 when Sig had worked out the problems it had in the initial release. Both are very snappy guns for someone not used to shooting micro compacts. The "HD," which has a heavier steel frame (instead of the usual aluminum alloy) is a really smooth shooter, though. If you get that, it's still very carryable and concealable, and it's a pleasure to shoot at the range. IMO, you can't go wrong with either the P238 or P938.

>>34288436
>>The only quirk I found was that my P938 does not like to extract 115 gr. ammo,
IIRC, extraction was one of the original problems with the newly released guns that was later fixed with a redesigned extractor. My P938, which was purchased in 2015, anyway, doesn't have this problem. You might want to contact Sig about this.
>>
Really can't beat the G42 for a lightweight, low recoil hideaway in .380. It's s bit bigger than an LCP but it's far more controllable as well.

642 or LCR if you go the snub route
>>
File: sig_p938.jpg (195KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sig_p938.jpg
195KB, 1280x960px
>>34288507
Well, I would think that the P238 would also be a good gun if it's anywhere in-line with the P938.
>>34288550
I purchased my P938 factory new in early 2016 I believe. It was manufactured only a few months earlier. From my research, I concluded that I did have the upgraded extractor. I also did send it back to the factory for service. Sig basically sent it right back saying nothing was wrong with it. They said they tested it, putting 75 rds through it. Sig also included the box tops of the ammo they tested through it in the case when they sent it back to me.
Every goddamn lot of ammo they tested through it was 124 gr.

Either way, I still do not know what causes a FTEx with 115 gr. The best hypothesis I could come up with was the dwell timing of the round.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.