[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he picks up the used shotgun at cabelas and works the action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

>he picks up the used shotgun at cabelas and works the action
>points at the ceiling at 45 degree angle
I laugh every time I see one of you kids do this. Never seen a shot gun friend?
>>
File: 1431893296243.jpg (54KB, 518x430px) Image search: [Google]
1431893296243.jpg
54KB, 518x430px
>literally three people at different stores have complimented me on my handling of guns at the counter
>always feel a panic attack coming on because I think they are being sarcastic
>too afraid to ask if they are being sarcastic as I don't want to out myself as an autist incapable of picking up on sarcasm

God, I hate this feeling so much. Gaslighting has literally ruined my life.
>>
>ooh, an a5. She looks pretty rough, wonder how the chamber and barrel look
>awful pitting, probably have trouble with extracting
>that's too bad. I sure do love the way it shoulders though
>mount the shotgun, follow through my arc, can see the clay exploding in my mind
>some fucking millennial with a pistol gripped remshit probably sitting in his closet scoffs behind me
>"never seen a shotgun before?"
>has never done more than wing a clay with his daddy's side by side when he was 12
you sure got me!
>>
File: 1481987649470.jpg (31KB, 448x478px) Image search: [Google]
1481987649470.jpg
31KB, 448x478px
>>34280672
>ruined auto 5
I didn't need these feels you bastard.
>>
what do you do, inspect it telepathically?
>>
>>34280817
Slowly work the action without making a sound, like an adult who knows how to behave in a gun store.
>>
>>34280650
I'm autistic too
you're not alone
you are loved
>>
>>34280645
I usually lock the bolt back on the first AR I see, shoulder the rifle, slam my hand on the bolt release, and aim it at the first person I see.
The last Cabelas I went to gave me a reward for weapon handling.
>>
>>34280905
>afraid to make noises around others
>fears ridicule
>avoids attention and eye contact
>poor posture, poor language skills, mumbles often
>prone to bouts of rage and seemingly innocuous perceived slights
That's not acting like an adult, anon. That's called autism.
>>
>>34280645
Good thing I don't go to Cabelas, or fuddneck central.
>>
>>34280950
Seems like he hit a nerve, pal? I bet you let doors slam and don't turn your brights down when passing an oncoming car. You probably leave the bathroom door unlocked. Adults don't act like James Bond in a Cabelas. They glance into the chamber while quietly knowing they could clear the room in 30 seconds without breaking a sweat.
>>
>atta cabelas, see a cz side by side
>cz is a good manufacturer, let's check it out
>try to work the release lever, won't budge
>safety is in between safe and fire, barrels won't budge.
>15 pounds of pressure on the safety to get it to move
> still won't open
>barrel select toggle is half way between Ieft barrel first and right barrel first
>twenty pounds to get it to move
>still won't open
>somewhere in the ballpark of 30 pounds of pressure on the lever, finally snaps over with an audible creak.
>don't even check the bore, just snap it closed and put it back on the shelf
>650 dollars
>>
>>34280905
cabelas is loud as fuck most hours of the day, nobody is bothered by the sound of guns racking
>>
>>34280981
>he
>posting about yourself in third person
It's ok, anon. Just know, not every public space is a library. I know cabellas calls it a "gun library" but that's not because you have to be hush hush. Most people don't have such an aversion to loud noises. I know it can't cause anxiety to people with autism, that doesn't mean you need to be upset. Just wear some light ear plugs.
>>
>>34280650
You are me
>>
>>34281000
Stop replying to yourself dude. We get it, autism is funny.

>>34280970
I don't go there for guns, but they have a decent selection for fishing. Bought a maverick 88 there for my nephew a couple months ago, however.
>>
>>34280645
is this supposed to be a troll?
>>
>>34280922
>>34281042

I don't know what to do. I usually just smile and nod awkwardly at them, because I am too afraid to say thanks, in case they were being sarcastic. And I am incapable of taking a compliment without asking if it was meant to be a compliment, which makes me think it is sarcasm in the first place. I just don't know if they are genuinely being friendly, and if I am actually handling firearms around them in a much safer/correct manner than the people at the counter are used to or not.
>>
>>34280983
sounds like it was broken
I've never had that issue with them
>>
>>34280983

Sounds like some dipshit forgot they had a snapcap in there or something when they tried to remove the slide. Or maybe even part of a barrel flag. Point is, that only happens due to gross negligence on someone's part with handling and disassembly.
>>
>>34280983
side by sides need to be worn in
If they were all as loose as your mom they'd shoot themselves apart in under 1000 rounds

You want them to go 10s of thousands when it comes to clays
>>
>>34281048
The sad part is I'm not even same fagging, broham is either just pretending or is in fact retarded.
>>
>>34280935
sensibly chuckled
>>
>>34281081
It was seized with rust. It was used and probably older than I am. I shoot cowboy action, the locking lever does not need to be THAT sticky, as long as it locks down tight. My side by sides are polished smooth and will drop straight open under their own weight just by flicking the lever to the side and drooping the barrels for a quick reload.
>>
>>34280983
>>34281081

Oh, it was a side-by-side. Never mind, I blanked on that and thought it was just a pistol. Ignore me.
>>
>>34281076
>remove the slide
>side by side shotgun
W..wut?
>>
>>34280983
think all of czs shotguns are made by huglo. i like mine well enough but its got 2 triggers, never had to deal with a barrel selector.
>>
>>34281089

Who/what exactly are you complaining about then? Cabelas for being retarded and not properly caring for their inventory, and also overly pricing it as a result of this? Or CZ because you have this impression that the gun's state is a result of their manufacturing process?
>>
>>34281059
Most sarcasm if friendly, I think. I know when I tell my friend he looks nice today I am being sarcastic in the universal sense, but i actually mean it too. Most gun store employees have a good sense of humor, I have noticed. They are probably being nice.
>>
>>34281098
I want a two trigger external hammer so bad. I know they're not any faster but they are just so damn smooth.
>>
>>34281095

I didn't read the side-by-side bit, I skipped over it while skimming the post. 9/10 when someone is talking about CZ they are talking about their pistols, and the other times they are talking about their rifles or the Scorpion. You are probably like the second person I've ever even heard of looking at their shotguns.
>>
>>34280981
>clear a room in 30 seconds without breaking a sweat

It's ok John Wick. Your dog is fine
>>
>>34281103
Cabellas and who ever owned that poor thing before it ended up in the "dead guns for 500, Alex" rack. The fact that it was a CZ is just what made me approach it. A key to good anecdotes is providing enough detail to stimulate the noodle. If it was some beat up stoeger would anyone care that the action was garbage? No.
>>
>>34281107
eternal hammers are sexy but i like internal hammers because im lazy. I wish more companies made 2 trigger shotguns, its a personal preference.
>>
>>34281123
>shooting low pressure loads inna external hammer side by side
>hammer both triggers for shits and giggles, fill air with shot the size of sand, about the same recoil as a single slug
>hammer the lever as soon as your brain registers that you have fired
>barrels drop of their own accord
>shells poop out of the chambers, still trailing smoke
>ready to reload before you even come off of your heels.
>>
File: 1497313343310.jpg (155KB, 943x937px) Image search: [Google]
1497313343310.jpg
155KB, 943x937px
>>34280981
holy shit
>>
>>34281139
i dont know that feel. ive never used a shotgun with an ejector actually.
>>
>>34280922
>you are loved
He already told you he can't pick up on sarcasm.
>>
File: IMG_1962.png (852KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1962.png
852KB, 640x1136px
>>34280981
>They glance into the chamber while quietly knowing they could clear the room in 30 seconds without breaking a sweat.

Lmao what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>34280645

I like going to Cabelas, trolling the people behind the counter. Fuck buying guns there.
>>
>>34281173
Nah, many. That's the best part. External hammers mean no resistence on the barrels, they just drop free with they're polished well. No ejectors, you just get the barrels open quick enough and the extractors and tiniest bit of residual pressure will just gently poop the shells out of the chamber. I doubt it would work with full power loads swelling the shell against the chamber with any real force, but it always tickles me to seem them just lazily fall free.
>>
>>34280645
>customers are inspecting used and new guns
>just generally fingerfucking it while I watch them to make sure they don't fuck them up
>some autist sitting in the corner near the milsurp is visibly shaken by customers playing with the guns
>don't have the heart to tell him to leave that he's bothering the customers
I just know he's one of you kids here on /k/. Never touched a gun, friend?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.