[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you shoot ammo through the tiny end of a megaphone will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1492550936682.jpg (51KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1492550936682.jpg
51KB, 1000x668px
If you shoot ammo through the tiny end of a megaphone will it amplify the sound? Or even just placing a cone over the barrel of your gun to make whatever you're shooting at lose their hearing all the easier?
>>
>>34280260
dude what
>>
No, microphones have a maximum dB level they can pick up, anything louder than that, and it will just get cut down to the max level
>>
>>34280313
How about a cone or trumpet bell over the end then?
>>
>>34280260
>>
>>34280260
it's just gonna hit the back of the megaphone and explode it until a bunch of pieces but will amplify that sound right before it dies yes

enjoy tinnitus
>>
File: Simpsons-Gun-Loudener.jpg (25KB, 418x308px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons-Gun-Loudener.jpg
25KB, 418x308px
You looking for one of these OP? I guess in theory they should work.
>>
>>34280326
Maybe. You'll want a parabolic dish for max effect though. Even then, some of the energy from the pressure waves will travel through the cone and will still be loud as all get out.
>>
>>34280260
how high are you?
>>
>>34280343
Wow. Yeah that's pretty much spot on what I'm asking. Fucking Simpsons did it.
>>
I have a couple traffic cones around the place. Just bought a Colt Walker 47 (repo) today so I'll set up a cone and compare tomorrow with vid clips.
>>
>>34280366
Sweet. And sweet dubs.
>>
Oooh, sound engineering. Technically, the barrel already acts as a horn. The flared end of a megaphone focuses the pressure waves created by sound into a single direction. Think of it like a shaped charge. The energy is the same, it's just focused. Since the pressure from a gun is already focused, it would be difficult to acoustically amplify it by much. This is why having the barrel right next to your ear is so much louder than even having the chamber close to your ear.
Technically you could make some Frankenstein's monster suppressor baffles that catch waste gas and INCREASE pressure and direct it where ever you want the gun to be louder.
>>
>>34280379
So theoretically one could create a BOSE style muzzle brake that chambered a portion of the exhaust through a series of baffles and tubes to actually amplify the effect?
>>
hearing protection act?

HEARING DESTRUCTION ACT
>>
>>34280409
Yeah, basically it would just be a backwards suppressor. Wide at the port, narrow at the exhaust. Like a muzzle brake but pointed in an arbitrary direction.
>>
>>34280463
Joke suppressors when?
>take aim, ready to fire
>fi-
>joke "suppressor" aims sound backwards at you
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and so on
>>
>>34280524
>giant muzzle brake on a moderate rifle caliber
>the side ports are cosmetic
>the real port is 1/16th inch in diameter, located at the 12 o clock position on the muzzle, pointed straight back at the shooter.
>every shot blows the shooter's hat off
Spoopy
>>
>>34280549
FUND IT!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHLEXPoiFy4

Just buy a loudener
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.