[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k, I have a very simple and probably widely asked question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170616-200130.jpg (769KB, 1435x843px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170616-200130.jpg
769KB, 1435x843px
Hey /k, I have a very simple and probably widely asked question for US Active and Reserve duty servicemen. I went through the process in MEPS, and I landed my SO rate qualifying me for BUD/S. What I didn't know is that I could be working for my state and if I deploy, I would be collecting two paychecks. Is there anything that I'm not considering about going reserve instead of active? Also, would it be difficult to change my contract to reserve even though I'm in DEP? Thanks /k/ommandos
>>
>>34277634
Don't know how to change it in DEP but you can easily switch to active duty once you're in. Escpecially if you're gonna be a fuckin SEAL.
>>
>>34277634
I doubt you're getting two checks. Your civilian employer isn't going to pay you if you're not there, and if you are on federal active duty, you're not on the state's dime so they're not going to pay you either.
>>
>>34277688
I didn't want to disclose state but I realized it doesn't truly matter. So one of my friends is a cop in the nypd, and he is a navy reservist. I really have no idea what he does but I know that he's in the reserves, leaves for a deployment, the nypd pays him even though he's away and he gets active duty pay, then he comes back to NY, takes the promotion exam, and then he leaves again. He's coming back for the lieutenant exam soon. 2 paychecks. Nypd officer pay and active pay. He told me himself.
>>
>>34277634
>wants to be a SEAL
>wants to switch to reserve to make more money
Excellent bait. If you're serious you need to pick a job you'd rather do for the duration of you contract unless you want to be a boatswains mate. You aren't going to make it with that attitude.
>>
>>34277745
Actually yeah, OP here confirming that I am indeed a misinformed faggot. I found out that SEALs can only be reserve AFTER they enlist and become full-fledged. I can't go directly to seal team 17 or 23 (I believe those are the reserve teams, don't quote me). Fucking sucks.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.