[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /k/. I got a weird question for you. I work at a boarding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: bbsoft.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bbsoft.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Hey, /k/. I got a weird question for you.

I work at a boarding school in the US for international students, and one of the most common questions I have from incoming students is "can we go shooting guns?"

See, most of these kids are Chinese, which means they've never held a gun before, or really seen one except in very rare circumstances. I'm not 100 percent against it as a concept, but my main job is safety, and to be honest, these kids are idiots. We're talking "I've seen one eat glue because he thought it was a sauce" idiots. Academically brilliant, but so inexperienced that it's somewhere between hilarious and horrifying. Point: I'm not putting a loaded weapon in their hands.

BUT I'm more than willing to familiarize them with the concept of shooting, and safe weapon handling. So I was thinking of picking up either a few bb or airsoft guns, I'm just not sure which.

Thinking that .177s (either bbs or pellets) are way more fun to shoot at targets, and much more accurate, but airsoft is a) safer if they decide to be idiots and shoot themselves/each other, and b) safer if I decide to LET them shoot at each other.

At the end of the year, if I can get a few of them actually trained and passing some kind of test, I might take them out to a real range, but just to start...

If you had to train a bunch of sheltered, video-game obsessed, glue-eating retards how to shoot, which route would you go?
>>
Don't "train" them. They just want a tourist experience. Give them one. Take them to a range in small groups. Let them fire a couple of different guns. Let them snap a bunch of pictures. That's it.
>>
>>34266580
How old are these kids?
>>
>>34266714
This, or alternatively do nothing becacuse it's much easier and fuck Chinese in general.
>>
>>34266737

Physically, 13-19.

Linguistically, emotionally, and with life experience compared to American kids... call it 10-13 for our purposes. For example, VERY bad at following instructions or safety precautions, trouble paying attention, and have trouble with complex ideas unless you explain it piece by piece a couple times. (I'm only speaking about the worst of them. Some would be perfectly fine, but I have to think of the worst possible variables)
>>
>>34266714
While I agree with that, I understand his concern that some of these dipshits will accidentally discharge.
>>
Do not. I repeat. Do NOT bring a huge group and keep every gun in a case and bring them out one at a time.

These assholes will grab, point, and be some of the most unsafe jackasses you will ever meet. All their firearms knowledge comes from their action movies and they WILL act like retards.

Call up some machine gun places in Vegas and ask them. Chinese customers are some of the dumbest, unpredictable, dangerous customers they attract.
>>
File: fuck the chinese.png (857KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the chinese.png
857KB, 1400x5552px
>>34266750
>fuck Chinese in general.
the man speaks truth. I've met ONE chink that wasn't unpleasent to be around due to obnoxious behavior, annoying as fuck self centered attitude or just general shit personality
she was second-gen American, 1/4 white, and hated her chinese relatives
>>
>>34266580
I'd go with some cheap ~$100 CYMA airsoft AKs or something just for teaching the basics and making sure they won't swing real guns around pointed at each other. A lot of tourist ranges are used to Chinese customers so maybe take them there after teaching them how to not be mentally retarded with guns.
>>
>>34266834
Going to go ahead and second this, while I don't have personal experience for whatever reason the Chinese on top of being horrible tourists in general tend to have absolutely dogshit firearms handling and safety.
>>
>>34266580
So are all of them really rich or have party member parents or something, is that why they're so sheltered and clueless?
>>
>>34266580
>Chinese
Don't teach them anything. We don't need chinks who know how to shoot.
>>
>>34266771
>>34266834
Yup. Take them either individually or in groups of at most two or three. One at a time gets a gun. Be as clear as possible that you're the boss during gun time - they follow directions or you pack up and go home. Let them pop off a few rounds each, and that's it.
>>
They are literally chinese agents.
Show them nothing
FORTRESS USA
>>
>>34266580
Tell them they need to join the military and have their parents approve their enlistment.
>>
>>34266580

Find a range that rents guns. Go there and explain who you are and what you want to do, and ask how much it's going to cost.

I ran a college club that dealt with shooting sports, open to everyone of course. The experienced used it to meet people with alike interests, the curious used it to learn, and the tourist students who had no idea how guns worked came to range days at a nearby range where the range staff were in charge and supplied everything.

Before anyone was even let onto the range it was covered how to not hurt yourself, anyone else, and basic operation of firearms that would be used.

They generally set up one indoor range with a different gun in each lane with a staff or experienced shooter from our group also in that lane. Lane one would be like a .22 and the next a 9mm or full size .38 and so on. They could progress down the lanes until they shot everything, lost interest in the noise and recoil, or did something unsafe.

While they did load the guns, the staff controlled all the ammo, gave out one round and then if they could handle that they could have more. We let them load, with instruction.

If you can't be sure of the shooter's abilities or competency, you need one on one supervision.

If it's just you doing this, use one gun at a time and one shooter at a time. Everyone else can wait and watch... they'll probably be taking pictures anyway.
>>
>>34266841
Id like to smell her
>>
>>34266580
>bunch of sheltered, video-game obsessed, glue-eating retards
You came to the right place.
>>
>>34266580
Just give them airguns, like the Airforce Texan
>>
>>34266580
>chinese
>academically brilliant
They cheat, you idiot.
It's so ingrained in their culture that they literally riot when they are prevented from or punished for cheating.
>>
File: 1493069821626.jpg (37KB, 514x451px) Image search: [Google]
1493069821626.jpg
37KB, 514x451px
>>34267287
how did you know?
>>
>>34266580
DO NOT take them shooting. Chinese are literal sub-humans and rival niggers in their propensity for destruction and utter retardation.

Anyone who has dealt with chinks in more than a passing manner knows exactly what I am talking about
>>
>>34266923
Yes, yes, and no. It is truly impossible to understand the behaviors of chinks. Even the most simple and seemingly obvious aspects of life are insurmountably difficult for them to understand. They both like, yet very unlike, niggers in their inability to conduct themselves appropriately in daily life
>>
File: 1323848416209.jpg (104KB, 613x412px) Image search: [Google]
1323848416209.jpg
104KB, 613x412px
>>34266580
Show them how to use an air rifle safely, let them shoot cans in your yard.

Any that goof off or don't pay attention or do something dangerous are banned from using it.
Id avoid airsoft as that is already popular in Asia and revolves around shooting other people, something you don't want these kids to get into if you're training them to be safe.

Students that do well could be rewarded with a trip to the range and a chance to shoot a real rifle.
>>
>>34269179
>>34266580
>It's so ingrained in their culture that they literally riot when they are prevented from or punished for cheating.

I meme you not.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10132391/Riot-after-Chinese-teachers-try-to-stop-pupils-cheating.html
>>
>>34266834

>Call up some machine gun places in Vegas and ask them. Chinese customers are some of the dumbest, unpredictable, dangerous customers they attract.

got any more info on this? I'm genuinely curious to here more
>>
>>34266580
Start with air rifles, and only let them move on to actual firearms if they can prove that they aren't retarded with the air rifles.
>>
>>34266923
It's a cultural/economic thing. With the one child policy, a lot of them get too much attention from their parents. Add to that the fact that their retirement depends on support from their children, and they only have one shot at grandkids, the parents end up bending over backwards for the children during their schooling, getting the kids to solely focus on doing the best they possibly can.

What it means is anything that gets in the way of school and studying often gets done by the parents. Even into university, parents will still do their kids laundry, bring them food, etc. so many things that you simply learn gradually over your first twenty years, they don't, because it's a distraction in the eyes of the parents.

Of course, the poorer they are, the less this is true though, just because of necessity, but middle class and above really have it bad.
>>
>>34269679
>Any that goof off or don't pay attention or do something dangerous are banned from using it.

SHALL
>>
>>34269722
Such confucian virtue.
>>
>>34266580
>If you had to train a bunch of sheltered, video-game obsessed, glue-eating retards how to shoot, which route would you go?

Airsoft is already a pretty huge thing in Asia (see: japan) so I'd personally go with air pellets. They're relatively simple and not toys. The last thing you want to do is start off your introduction to real guns with what is literally a toy - that's definitely not how you induce respect in the weapon.

Single shot air rifle has pretty much most of the points of owning a firearm with less possibility of fucking up. Single shotgun would also be okay for the same reason.
>>
>>34266580
It is illegal for any foreign national to possess a firearm, even with supervision by a US citizen. The only exception is if they have a valid hunting permit.

See:
May a nonimmigrant alien who has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa possess a firearm or ammunition in the United States?

An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]
>>
>>34270187
Doesn't make it illegal to go to a range and rent one, however.

OP's dilemma is that doing that would almost certainly lead to an ND or the group being banned for life by the RO.
>>
>>34266771
Alternatively, consider using this as a carrot. Those who demonstrate through respect for others, attention, and safety throughout the rest of the years are the candidates for getting to shoot real guns.

Or fuck it, let a bunch of Chinese teens rent Uzis. What could go wrong?
>>
>>34270063
Vegas is somewhat popular for machine gun tourism, in which you pay a bunch to go shoot a bunch of machine guns. (Guam is as well, due to its accessibility to most of Asia).

Naturally, the staff there have almost certainly had their fair share of rich and ignorant and possibly intoxicated tourists from around the world and within the US (it is Vegas, after all) trying to do the dumbest shit (selfies while holding guns up to their face, holding the shit sideways, hipfiring, etc) and are probably well versed in making sure nobody gets killed during the whole operation.
>>
>>34270187
>reading comprehension
When did OP ever mention the little shits owning firearms?
>>
>>34270306
Yes, actually it does, add that counts as receiving and possessing a firearm and ammunition. This terminology does not mean ownership, but physical possession.
>>34270351
>>
>>34270351
legally possession doesn't mean ownership.
>>
>>34270351
>>34270306

In extension:
Can an alien who enters the United States on a nonimmigrant alien visa rent a firearm for lawful hunting or sporting purposes while in the United States?

A nonimmigrant alien that possess a valid hunting license from a State within the United States or falls within any of the other exceptions or exemptions that allow nonimmigrant aliens to possess firearms may rent firearms to hunt or to use at a shooting range.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5) and (9), 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y); 27 CFR 478.99(a) and (c)(5)]
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.