[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Smith just drop the stupid internal lock? They'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3155.jpg (95KB, 640x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3155.jpg
95KB, 640x401px
Why doesn't Smith just drop the stupid internal lock? They'd sell a shit ton of revolvers the day they're introduced.
>>
>>34265102

Because the media is going to spin it as getting rid of safety features this is literally the only reason.

Thankfully they just intent to call all of their new revolvers "pro" or "centennial."

Coincidentally these also lack the Hillary hole.
>>
>>34265132
The media and people that give a shit about that for some reason aren't the ones that sustain smith though. Even if they pick up on that. It's probably something like possible negativity for a couple weeks are most, and a lack of real reason to.
>>
>>34265132
The media doesn't know what a tiny key lock does on a revolver. It started as a legal issue, and there's no reason to think that that's changed. Maybe it was a stipulation in the original legal settlement that the company had to make all models of their revolvers with this lock. They get around it for some models by making secondary production versions without the lock, but it seems like most models are still produced primarily with the lock.
>>
>>34265102
The legal department won't let them and they already have them in production so fuck it. They'll probably just be phased out as newer models come out or when they drop more "classic" versions. They don't have enough competition to really care.
>>
can somebody redpill me on what the hillary hole actually is

What is it and what does it do
>>
>>34265449

It's Hillary's hole.

Huma's tongue goes in, lies come out.
>>
File: hillary hole.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
hillary hole.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>34265449
I just made this. When you put the "key" in the Hillary Hole you turn it and this little kinda cheapy piece of pot metal raises up and fits inside a machined part of the hammer and it keeps the hammer from going back and cocking. When I shake my pistol it rattles around, but to be honest I also own a couple of Rugers and the transfer bar also rattles when shaked.
>>
File: hillary hole.jpg (21KB, 636x254px) Image search: [Google]
hillary hole.jpg
21KB, 636x254px
>>34265729
also the little piece of metal says "lock" on it. In Spanish it would say "Blo Quear".
>>
>>34265729
You know you can take the guts out of it pretty easily, right? It's all of a 3 minute procedure.
>>
>>34265785
>You know you can take the guts out of it pretty easily, right?
Because those are the stock grips noguns.
>>
>>34265102
>They'd sell a shit ton of revolvers the day they're introduced.
I doubt it. Not all gun owners are as autistic about irrelevancies like the posters on this Icelandic cod-fishing enthusiast chat board.

Besides, most of the people on /k/ who REEE about such things couldn't even afford to buy a S&W if they did remove the locks.
>>
>>34265910
People bitch about the Hillary hole all the time on other gun forums and blogs.
>>
>>34265921
Supposedly, although it hasn't happened to me, the piece of metal (lock) can flip up on it's own.
>>
>>34265879
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
They're not dropping the lock, they're owned by the lock company.

>On 11 May 2001, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation acquired Smith & Wesson Corp. from Tomkins plc for US$15 million, a fraction of the US$112 million originally paid by Tomkins. Saf-T-Hammer assumed US$30 million in debt, bringing the total purchase price to US$45 million. Saf-T-Hammer, a manufacturer of firearms locks and other safety products, purchased the company with the intention of incorporating its line of security products into all Smith & Wesson firearms in compliance with the 2000 agreement.
>>
I never cared about that stupid lock one way or the other, just never used it. Then one day I was at the range, shooting .357, third cylinder reload the gun suddenly locked up. Couldn't figure out what the hell was going on for a couple of minutes. Finally guessed it was the damn internal lock, but of course the key was at home, buried somewhere in a box. Eventually found the key, unlocked, gun worked fine.

Point is - these internal locks CAN AND WILL lock up when firing. That, in my mind, is a FAR more dangerous situation than leaving a revolver "unlocked."
>>
>>34265102
noone buys revolvers they are for old men and woman.
>>
just buy an old one. i have a model 36 from the 70s and it's in great shape and wasn't expensive.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.