[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a single company in the united states that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ak_draco.jpg (50KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
ak_draco.jpg
50KB, 750x422px
Why isn't there a single company in the united states that makes a quality affordable ak?
They seem to all have low standards and poorly made parts.
>>
>>34264900
There has not been enough incentive for major financial backing to create legit fullsize presses like Russian AKs get made on. All the American efforts are small time efforts that tend to cut corners.
>>
>>34264900
I think there just seem to be two kinds of makers for AKs in the US right now, the high end ones who are very serious about building/customizing AKs, but do so at a high cost, or shitcrafters like Century, who import some alright middle of the road AKs (mostly from Serbia), and also engage in making their own, which they are awful at.
>>
>>34264900
No, you're just discovering that low standards and poorly made parts are a part of the AK design by default.
>>
>>34265056
There's *some* truth to that, but the fact is that shit like the RAS47 is a handbomb which never would be cleared by anyone who's serious about weapons.

You'd never see Izmash, Norinco or Zastava put out a gun like that.
>>
>>34264915
What would full size presses cost? I'd imagine century could afford them.
>>
>>34265574
Stamping presses are actually really expensive, the thing with stamping steel is that you have a really high one-time expense, then the manufacturing is generally cheap.

I'd expect Century to fuck it up anyway though.
>>
>>34265614
But how much? Like 10 million or something because century does deals of that size fairly often surplus guns are cheap because of that scale
>>
>>34265378
>You'd never see Izmash, Norinco or Zastava put out a gun like that.

All those companies have been manufacturing AK variants for 60+ years, I would expect that by default.
>>
>Buying an American AK

Thats like buying a Russian AR-15 does not compute
>>
Because hand fitting is not conducive to cost effectiveness.

Communist countries were able to produce rifles of good quality because they didnt have any over head, employee's to pay, or OSHA standards to worry about.

Its the same argument with how slave labor retards economic growth by making the economy dependant on slaves instead of industrialization
>>
>>34266123
You know the Soviets payed their workers right? maybe not alot but enough to live on.
>>
>>34265902

Why pay for something yourself when you can have it done for a quarter of the cost by 3rd worlders?
>>
Smallish market. The people who just want an "AK" are fine with the 600$ Century Arms/WaffleWerks. And probably won't ask much out of it. You've got Arsenal for the 1k mark which isn't bad if you're looking for a "better" option. Look for used ones you can probably find them in the 800 range.
>>
>>34266134
Enough to live on while you slowly starve in the bread line.
>>
>>34266152
Meh both systems are flawed, Just capitalism is easier to deal with
>>
>>34266135
Because they are currently shitting out American aks made by Americans
>>
>>34266134
Amount have money was never the issue in the soviet economy, it was scarcity of goods. Everyone had plenty money but store shelves were bare. People forget that you paid for bread in the bread lines
>>
>>34264900
Because they aren't cheap to make if you aren't mass producing them. And with ARs less than $400 there isn't demand for them, so mass production is out of the question.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.